Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Pairs Long Program 2:00 PM EST

Is Sui really pronounced like zoo?

Congrats to the medalists. I'm happy with the outcome. It would have been upsetting to see D/R medal after that skate.

icellist

On the Ice
the pairs with the highest PCS should've been E/L, T/T, and M/B. S/H high score should've all came from TES, D/C too. D/R skated uninspiringly. The discrepancy between scores is too great in 4CC. S/H should've won in lower margin (Ashley Wagner too)...

sweetskates1

Medalist
Brubaker needs to stop worrying about Marley. Marley needs to get better at landing. I still love them and they are, together with Donlan and Speroff, my favorite pairs from the US. I just think it is time for Evora/Ladwig to leave. I am sad.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Seriously, 116 for that program? Am I the only one who thinks the scoring in this competition is just wrong? Over 7 for CH and Interpretation? Stolbova and Klimov got 114 for a much better program at Euros, and they are better skaters than Marley/Brubaker

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I think Mary Beth and Rockne show a lot of potential; they just need time for Mary Beth to mature and develop. I just hope that Rockne lets Mary Beth take her time and doesn't rush her or get impatient; he knew what he was getting himself into when he robbed the cradle, so to speak.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Seriously, my hat (not that I wear one) is off to Sui/Han. Despite the altitude/ventilation problems, they attempted possibly the most difficult pairs technical elements ever without any major mishap. When other skaters are passing out and even skaters who train here say the conditions are terrible, Sui/Han goes out there and do something insane. I especially love Han's artistry and flair during the flamenco program. Mas fuerte!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It seems clear that either she doesn't know what they are or has no interest in doing so

maybe her coach doesn't point them out... she's probably still working on getting her to "emote" by keeping her mouth open for the whole stupid program.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Seriously, my hat (not that I wear one) is off to Sui/Han. Despite the altitude/ventilation problems, they attempted possibly the most difficult pairs technical elements ever without any major mishap. When other skaters are passing out and even skaters who train here say the conditions are terrible, Sui/Han goes out there and do something insane. I especially love Han's artistry and flair during the flamenco program. Mas fuerte!

I'll eat my hat with you! :laugh: I don't think they are as bad on the PCS either, like some people here like to portray it. They really sold that program too!

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love::love:CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THREE MEDALISTS, WELL DESERVED, WELL DESERVED!!!!:love::love:

Sui & Han remind me of G&G in terms of being the best pair team in the world at such a young age ; they should easily win Sochi 2014, just as G&G did in 1988 at ages 16 & 20, then again in 1994 as a married couple. :)^)

Denney & Coughlin can easily compete with the best in the W-O-R-L-D, as they just showed here. Work on that quad throw & quad twist and they too could tie Sui & Han for World Dominance!!!!! :thumbsup:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Seriously, 116 for that program? Am I the only one who thinks the scoring in this competition is just wrong? Over 7 for CH and Interpretation? Stolbova and Klimov got 114 for a much better program at Euros, and they are better skaters than Marley/Brubaker

where have u been ?
4CC always outscores the Euros

hold ur horses until Worlds
where we'll get a more fairly decent not so above that scores

sweetskates1

Medalist
Caydee is just not soft, pretty or graceful. She is hard, determined and athletic but like T/T mentioned the other day modern pair skating is 'ugly'. I look forward to M/B and D/S
topping podiums soon. They are lovely and if they can manage to skate clean they will start topping gp assignments next season.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok I've got time to shower and actually look like I'm presentable before the dance portion... right? :laugh:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
:love::love:CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THREE MEDALISTS, WELL DESERVED, WELL DESERVED!!!!:love::love:

Sui & Han remind me of G&G in terms of being the best pair team in the world at such a young age ; they should easily win Sochi 2014, just as G&G did in 1988 at ages 16 & 20, then again in 1994 as a married couple. :)^)

Denney & Coughlin can easily compete with the best in the W-O-R-L-D, as they just showed here. Work on that quad throw & quad twist and they too could tie Sui & Han for World Dominance!!!!! :thumbsup:

I honestly don't see Sui/Han winning in 2014, the gold will go to V/T or S/S.Maybe 2018, if Wenjin's jumps survive puberty.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
The protocols seem to confirm it. At 64.68, Sui/Han likely has the highest base value of any pairs program ever. Both their quads were ratified. And all their elements (besides the twist) were level 4. This means they completed the most technically difficult pairs program in history without any major mishap! The curse of Colorado Springs has been broken!

Last edited:

chloepoco

Medalist
I wish Takahashi/Tran could get their jump issues worked out! They do everything else so beautifully; I enjoy watching them despite their errors.