4CC Gala Live Watch Thread (starts at 9 EST) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

4CC Gala Live Watch Thread (starts at 9 EST)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
"Someone Like You" needs tangible romantic chemistry and history. That doesn't describe D/W, but they skated it well.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
The Shibs are skipping the gala definitely. Alex must've been pretty ill.

He has a viral infection...Maia thanked everyone for their concern on her Twitter about an two hours ago~

I agree with everyone you said about Mao's gala :yes:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Ashley has some nice club dancing moves in her number. But she needs to hit them harder, nastier and a bit back of the beat.

Patrick's Mannish Boy is his best exhibition number ever. Too bad he hasn't done it perfectly since debuting it at the Japanaese Nationals gala (where he was a guest performer). There are so many interesting and intricate and slightly off-kilter ideas in its choreography.

Virtur/Moir's I Wanna Hold Your Hand is so cute and romantic it's almost sickening.

SGrand

Final Flight
Oh wow, Dai is so cute, took such a tumble at the end of the gala with his jump, but totally laughed it off. He's amazing!

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks Bluebonnet.
Dai's EX - a different theme from his dramatic skate.
Mao's EX - she skates like an angel!
Finale - OMG, poor Dai and Sui what a fall. Ouch.

Apple Pi

Rinkside
"Someone Like You" needs tangible romantic chemistry and history. That doesn't describe D/W, but they skated it well.

I think it is perfect for them. It needs tension and a little darkness, which D/W have in spades, and I do think the song describes them. Their chemistry is absolutely beautiful in this piece.