Daisuke Takahashi | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Pattina

On the Ice
ioanap, thanks so much for links. Never tired of Liebertango.

That would be excellent. I'd finally get an opportunity to see them skate live. :p

It's my dream, also!! I was hoping so badly for "Opera On Ice" this year....then I read about his will to make DORON after FOI :disapp: :cry:
OK...let's hope for next year!

DTFF reported that according to some tweets Dai landed 3F and 3S succesfully in Carnival today. Well done!! :thumbsup:

Compliation of FOI using clips from tv news (thanks to sochi dai the video-maker and DTFF for info)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJn2Sffolf0

Liebertango gif by miyu of DTFF :love:

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/Bvta0kjCIAAyQrv.mp4

ioanna

Record Breaker
The Japanese Olympic Committee has spoken to both Daisuke and Seiko Hashimoto and concluded that there was no power and / or sexual harassment involved in Sochi.

Hashimoto appeared in a press conference alongside JOC president Tsunekazu Takeda and apologized for her behavior:

The party was organized to celebrate the athletes’ efforts and recognize their services, but my behavior was shameful and I am reflecting deeply on that.

JOC is not planning on stripping Hashimoto of any of her posts, as Takeda said:

We have looked at the whole picture and as a result, we are not thinking of making this into a problem.

Case closed.
(source)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
^Regardless, I hope everyone can move on and that no one will continue to harp on this incident for Daisukes sake. I saw some really rude comments on twitter about this and its involvement with the 3rd spot for Sochi and I got so mad. :disapp: I hope this goes away completely since both sides are dismissing any reports of harassment.

Pattina

On the Ice
ioanap, thanks for info. Case is closed for JOC - it was already closed for Dai's true friends and fans. Hope that now foul gossip will stop soon.

Report on both today's shows on Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi FB page https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi

Back from the two shows and I don't even know where to start.
As imagined everything is getting so much better. Daisuke is in great shape and all the jumps and spins are looking so good.
He is doing so much in this show that it is hard to take it all in and something new always surfaces. But what doesn't cease to amaze me is his never ending improvement. This is a new Daisuke, even compared to last month's great Daisuke. So flexible and able to move every inch of his body... even better than usual. You can tell that he must have been working very hard and seriously for this show. Oh... and how he is enjoying this new role of 'host' of the show...
Libertango is growing so much. I hope they can bring it somewhere else other than here or it would be a crime. Sorry for going on and on about the step sequences but... they are truly to scream for.They are doing a different exit every single time, so funny! They both seem to enjoy skating this number and getting more at ease with each performance.
Thanks to Kenji Miyamoto-sensei for doing such a great job and for contributing to make this fans' dream come true!

Daiuske was sporting a nice pony tail in the second show, he looked like a Samurai. Shizuka announced during the half-time lottery that Daisuke was tired and getting massages backstage. Understandably two shows in a row ( and six in 3 days) 2 shows a day must take atoll on him but he sure looked full of his usual energy and contagious enthusiasm come the second part. (also we just saw him on the street with Keni-san, Honda-san and Shizuka, ready to party)

With different seats every performance I was able to enjoy all Dai's number from all angles, and again.... he is the well that keeps giving. Tonight I was able to see Dai's number with Brian Joubert and Evan Lysachek from yet another angle and Dai is mastering the art of moving like no one else! Also a great angle for that masterpiece of "Caravan" that gets better and better.

Ok, I'll call it a night as I am very very tired...
Tomorrow I'll be sad... but for now I can't wait to see the last two shows tomorrow. Good night everybody.
Keep the Dai Love coming!!!

Here is a scheme of "Carnival" : from tv clips it might seem just a "funny" program.... it's not https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvpYMjxCcAAucAn.jpg

Dai getting better with any new performance - having fun both as performer and host. That's great!! :rock::party2:
Dai with pony tail - Samurai style - :cool: hope to have some clips soon

thoakun

Final Flight
I don't know why, but If I remember correctly, Only Miki and Shizuka have ever been invited to ice shows in Europe. What a pity because Japan has lots of talented skaters. Maybe because shows in Japan pay better? :confused: What a pity for Dai and Mao's fans in Europe and North America.
Fumie and Yukina were invited to several ice shows in Europe: Obersdorf, Kings on Ice, Music on Ice Bellinzona, as far as I remember. I don't how big those shows are though. Recently I watched Yukina skating to Fields of Gold at an event in Germany and it was heartfelt. I wonder why Yukina wasn't invite to prominent ice shows in Japan?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Can't wait for videos!

I hope the scandal thing doesn't get too big. I know Japan is very strict about those things. Of course none of it is Dai's fault, but it seems like any whiff of "scandal" can ruin careers there...

ioanna

Record Breaker
Pattina, thank you for sharing the report. Now I'm curious to see Dai sporting a samurai style pony tail :laugh:

It's reassuring to see he has Kenji, Takeshi and Shizuka's support during this difficult time and I hope he's not feeling too tired.

I'm very grateful to Kenji for making our dream come true and choreographing the long awaited Dai & Akiko program!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Fumie and Yukina were invited to several ice shows in Europe: Obersdorf, Kings on Ice, Music on Ice Bellinzona, as far as I remember. I don't how big those shows are though. Recently I watched Yukina skating to Fields of Gold at an event in Germany and it was heartfelt. I wonder why Yukina wasn't invite to prominent ice shows in Japan?
It's difficult to know but I suppose ice shows in Japan are the one that pay best. And the ice shows all over the World also have to do with agencies and managers as well. I hope when Dai and Mao officially retire, they will get invite to all over the world, not just in Japan.:)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's difficult to know but I suppose ice shows in Japan are the one that pay best. And the ice shows all over the World also have to do with agencies and managers as well. I hope when Dai and Mao officially retire, they will get invite to all over the world, not just in Japan.:)
Yes, they need more international appearances! But I hope Mao doesn't retire yet. She's still at the top of her game.

While we wait for the full version of Libertango, here's Dai and Akiko skating their tangos separately

Dai's Primavera Portena (Japan Super Challenge 2013)
Akiko's Libertango (Medalist On Ice 2008)
Dai's tango is amazing. :love: That final spin was out of this world.

mich2

Match Penalty
Can't wait for videos!

I hope the scandal thing doesn't get too big. I know Japan is very strict about those things. Of course none of it is Dai's fault, but it seems like any whiff of "scandal" can ruin careers there...
Are you kidding? Look at Hashimoto, she is fine and well! No scandal can ever touch her. Wait for the next pics with her next victim(s).
The argument that case closed because JOC said so is beyond ridiculous. They are an interested party, of course they would never say "one of our top executives was in the wrong." I read some celebrities of Hashimoto age spoke and called her behavior awful for the image of obasan. Some top lawyers who work cases in High court called Shukan pics equal to crime scene pics. Meaning- there is nothing not wrong in them. The worst part it reflects bafly on JOC. How can this woman be with young male athletes in one room in Tokyo Olympics. The media will make a joke of her! And rightfully so.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Are you kidding? Look at Hashimoto, she is fine and well! No scandal can ever touch her. Wait for the next pics with her next victim(s).
The argument that case closed because JOC said so is beyond ridiculous. They are an interested party, of course they would never say "one of our top executives was in the wrong." I read some celebrities of Hashimoto age spoke and called her behavior awful for the image of obasan. Some top lawyers who work cases in High court called Shukan pics equal to crime scene pics. Meaning- there is nothing not wrong in them. The worst part it reflects bafly on JOC. How can this woman be with young male athletes in one room in Tokyo Olympics. The media will make a joke of her! And rightfully so.
Since the media will make a joke of her, seems like they're not letting it go.

My point is, it seems like celebrities from certain industries get a lot of flak for potentially "scandalous" things (like sleeping with a boyfriend, ect.) It seems to mainly go for idols. I assume (hope) figure skating isn't one of those industries, though I remember Miki got a lot of attention for having a child.