Daisuke Takahashi | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

ioanna

Record Breaker
Sharing this here as a conclusion of the unfortunate events that happened over the last couple of days
Source: Daisuke Takahashi Road To Sochi, via Miyu of DTFF

Miyu from DTFF translated what Daisuke said last night during the press conference about the Bunshun matter.
Although before the press conference started a JSF rep asked to refrain from asking Daisuke any question about the matter, in the end he talked about.
He took responsibility on himself for the matter and apologized to the relevant people and his fans. He said it was an excessive joke between two adults while drinking.
He looked like a brave soldier while doing it, as usual, never hiding away from anything and facing bravely whatever hard stuff life throws at his face. That's why we love him, and that is why he will always have our unconditioned and never ending support. And the more some people try to drag Daisuke into the dirt for some obscure reason, the bigger and stronger people's love and support for him will grow.

Seiko Hashimoto is apparently hospitalized at the moment and has yet to appear in the media. In my opinion she owes Daisuke public apologies because whatever she's said so far did nothing but worsen the situation. And I still think her behavior is unacceptable and this is not the first time she's treating the athletes like this. I remember at the Olympic event the prime minister organized back in April, she put Mao in a very awkward situation telling her to hug the prime minister even if they were both feeling rather uncomfortable about it. And I also found her behavior towards Daisuke a little questionable, as seen here and here (c). Sure, she wanted to bring him closer to Mao and Yuzuru, and rightfully so, but the way she did it was, in my opinion, very awkward and far too informal for a person of her status. She is not a coach nor a choreographer that the athletes work with all the time. She is the president of the federation and a member of the House of Councillors from the Liberal Democratic Party.

I don't want to further expand this unpleasant subject in the thread, and I don't mean to imply things or gossip around, but I felt like I had to get it off my chest, because a lot of people dismissed her behavior. That is all.

Alain

Match Penalty
And I still think her behavior is unacceptable and this is not the first time she's treating the athletes like this. I remember at the Olympic event the prime minister organized back in April, she put Mao in a very awkward situation telling her to hug the prime minister even if they were both feeling rather uncomfortable about it. And I also found her behavior towards Daisuke a little questionable, as seen here and here (c). Sure, she wanted to bring him closer to Mao and Yuzuru, and rightfully so, but the way she did it was, in my opinion, very awkward and far too informal for a person of her status. She is not a coach nor a choreographer that the athletes work with all the time. She is the president of the federation and a member of the House of Councillors from the Liberal Democratic Party.
She obviously has no idea what power abuse, sexual harassement or appropriate behavior mean. I am sure there is some Code of Ethics in JOC and JSF. I am too for the proper investigation. If she gets away with it, we will have another victim.
Unfortunately it's not uncommon when the victims of power abuse and sexual harassement don't want to speak out, sometimes they blame themsleves.

Thanks everyone for your posts.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ If it's true then I'm glad the program has no jumps. He's perfectly capable of creating incredible and unique programs even without them.

I was watching the news clip again this morning and began to wonder if there were no jumps because it was a rehearsal. Guess we'll have to see. Either way, I think we will enjoy the program. It looks really fun from the short news clip and pictures.

On a happier, funnier note, I believe he embarrassed himself at the end of EX by falling/tripping off the ice. (Got this from a fan report in Chinese.) Apparently the audience was still laughing at him even after he'd left the ice. LOL. :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
On a happier, funnier note, I believe he embarrassed himself at the end of EX by falling/tripping off the ice. (Got this from a fan report in Chinese.) Apparently the audience was still laughing at him even after he'd left the ice. LOL. :laugh:
How typical of him :laugh:

Pattina

On the Ice
Thanks deedee1 and ioanap for new Dai-wonderful stuff!! Never get tired of watching new programs. I already love them both.

Dai and Akko are so passionate and intense :love::love::love::love: - they show more emotions and "tango hotness" than some competitive Ice Dancers.

How can we resist till broadcast?

ioanna

Record Breaker
Dai and Akko are so passionate and intense :love::love::love::love: - they show more emotions and "tango hotness" than some competitive Ice Dancers.
I agree! And just seeing glimpses of the tango and the jazz program already makes me dread the next competitive season. 2008-2009 felt empty without him, and I'm sure his absence will be obvious in the 2014-2015 season as well.

I am relieved, however, that he's finally getting the time off he deserves.

Pattina

On the Ice
Report on today's show - on Daisuke Takahashi Road to Sochi FB page https://www.facebook.com/DaisukeTakahashiRoadtoSochi

Friends on Ice 2014 08.22

Today we finally see the proper show and all the parts kept secret yesterday during rehearsal were revealed in all their splendor.

Liebertango - The whole number is great, Compared to the short version we saw yesterday, there was so much interaction between Dai and Akko. Also they did some actual dancing together.
Dai looked pretty wild. At some point he lies on the ice just like he did in his Tango ex, while Akko stares at him. Again their together step sequences were absolutely wild. After the number is over thye go out still dancing the tango, like the best ice.dancers do.

But what everybody is waiting about in Dai's "Caravan" This program is so innovative and Dai does things with his body movements that he has never done before:
During Caravan Dai-chan managed to fall flat on some lady
audience .

The final number is also very well done.

Sorry for keeping it short, but it's 3 AM and I realized I must have slept 10 hours in one week!

More tomorrow!

Description of Liebertango matches perfectly with what we get on video.

And Dai fell flat on a lady :clap: lucky lady and adorkable Dai-chan :laugh:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ Thanks for posting the report, Pattina!

I haven't had a chance to watch the videos but I did see a lot of pictures. So far everything looks very exciting and refreshing.

Too bad they probably won't air the part where he falls flat on the lady. I can already imagine his embarrassed look though.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Even if Dai goes pro, his fans will follow him everywhere I am sure. I hope he and Mao will get offer to ice show in other countries, such as Europe and North America as well. :)

ioanna

Record Breaker
Even if Dai goes pro, his fans will follow him everywhere I am sure. I hope he and Mao will get offer to ice show in other countries, such as Europe and North America as well. :)
That would be excellent. I'd finally get an opportunity to see them skate live. :p

Meoima

Match Penalty
That would be excellent. I'd finally get an opportunity to see them skate live. :p
I don't know why, but If I remember correctly, Only Miki and Shizuka have ever been invited to ice shows in Europe. What a pity because Japan has lots of talented skaters. Maybe because shows in Japan pay better? :confused: What a pity for Dai and Mao's fans in Europe and North America.

ioanna

Record Breaker
I don't know why, but If I remember correctly, Only Miki and Shizuka have ever been invited to ice shows in Europe. What a pity because Japan has lots of talented skaters. Maybe because shows in Japan pay better? :confused: What a pity for Dai and Mao's fans in Europe and North America.
Dai was invited to Stars sur Glace in France in 2007 but I was always either too young or too busy to travel around for Worlds / GPs in Europe. :laugh:

I'll hopefully get my chance one day.