Daisuke Takahashi | Page 110 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

cdngirl

On the Ice
Oh, didn't you know Daisuke is highly addictive? Welcome to our world! :biggrin: Here's the original: http://www.fashion-press.net/collections/gallery/9605/168679, hoping Meoima would say 'forgivable/acceptable' re: Dai's fashion sense, finally! ;)

ETA: Too late to say this probably but 'Welcome to Goden Skate Forum, GermaricanMix! Post often post long. :yes::)

deedee1 you're back! I was wondering if you could answer a question about dance shows in Japan. Is there something similar to Dancing with the Stars where Dance Pros are paired with a non dancer celebrity? I thought Daisuke would be great on a show like this and he'd do really well. I thought of nominating him for Dancing with the Stars in the U.S. but wasn't sure how comfortable he'd be with the language barrier during their intensive training. I also worried about his knee giving him problems during rehearsals but he sure would brighten up the show! I wanted to nominate him before I even read that Charlie White and Meryl Davis were announced to participate last season. Kristy Yamaguchi and Even Lysacek also competed along with Apolo Anton so I can totally see Daisuke on the show and winning it all with his oh so wonderful dance moves and oh so sweet and humble personality.

It's so good to see you posting again and I look forward to your opinion on this matter. Thanks in advance.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ Thank you for sharing! :D

As always I love the contrast. First pic he is very hot :love: and then he reverts to his dorky self in the second. Love them both!

Pattina

On the Ice
Thanks ioanap!!

^ Thank you for sharing! :D

As always I love the contrast. First pic he is very hot :love: and then he reverts to his dorky self in the second. Love them both!

I second you. The ever changing Dai-chan, swagger and dork. Impossible not to love him :love:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice

*Sigh* I officially think that outfit looks good on him. I give up, clearly he can wear (almost) whatever he wants and I'll end up fine with it.

So I spent the day looking up his SP and LP performances from 2003 - 2013 in order. It's really interesting seeing the progression back to back like that; I recommend it as a good use of ones time ;)

deedee1

Record Breaker
deedee1 you're back! I was wondering if you could answer a question about dance shows in Japan. Is there something similar to Dancing with the Stars where Dance Pros are paired with a non dancer celebrity? I thought Daisuke would be great on a show like this and he'd do really well. I thought of nominating him for Dancing with the Stars in the U.S. but wasn't sure how comfortable he'd be with the language barrier during their intensive training. I also worried about his knee giving him problems during rehearsals but he sure would brighten up the show! I wanted to nominate him before I even read that Charlie White and Meryl Davis were announced to participate last season. Kristy Yamaguchi and Even Lysacek also competed along with Apolo Anton so I can totally see Daisuke on the show and winning it all with his oh so wonderful dance moves and oh so sweet and humble personality.

It's so good to see you posting again and I look forward to your opinion on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Thanks a lot for your warm 'welcome-back', cdngirl. I still don't have much time to stay in front of my PC, the best I can is half an hour or so around midnight, but I try to visit GS Forum, especially Dai's thread when I can. :)

Sorry for the delay in answering your question, which I remember you'd posted before re: DWTS in Japan. I don't think there are any dance shows similar to DWTS in our country. Yet. If there's one, either in Japan or US, Dai will steal the whole show for sure. :cool: But the problem may be whether the show producer is able to find a tiny female dancer who's well-balanced for his height, I would imagine. Have you seen Dai live? On the ice he has the gorgeous presence, has 'it' factor, and once the music get started and he skates, no denying it's just a piece of cake for him to draws all audience in. But Dai in real life is rather tiny. When I saw him live for the first time at 2008 Freinds on Ice, I was so shocked how he was slim compared to other skaters that night; Takeshi, Yamato, etc... especially his waist was 'criminally' slim so that as a woman I even felt jealous of him! :laugh: As for possible language barrier you mentioned, I don't think it's a big deal at all for him based on what we've already seen in some news clips Dai and Pasquale/Lori doing choreos together: he doesn't think but feel it when it comes to how to perfectly 'replicate' choreos (or, is 'duplicate' better in this case in English??? :confused:), you know. Dai is a born dancer! :yes:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Skaters are tiny people in real life. With ladies it's not such big deal since ladies are usually smaller than men. But what they do on ice is the most matter! :) Dai really look big on ice.

Alba

Record Breaker
Oh great!!! Thank you it's vimeo, dailymotion sometimes delete the video but video is more "easy".

I can't upload other FS videos on daily, since they deleted some of my videos 3 month ago.
Strange enough they didn't delete all of them.

Unfortunately I can upload up to 500mb per week, only, on vimeo. But at least they haven't deleted any video, yet.
Also, you can download from vimeo so it's good.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I can't upload other FS videos on daily, since they deleted some of my videos 3 month ago.
Strange enough they didn't delete all of them.
Unfortunately I can upload up to 500mb per week, only, on vimeo. But at least they haven't deleted any video, yet.
Also, you can download from vimeo so it's good.
Daily and vimeo are both slower than youtube. But with the legal issue, I would rather love to use vimeo. Google drive is also good. :) you can watch and download too.