Daisuke Takahashi | Page 150 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I already get anxious talking to non-famous people and have a mild case of telephobia, so I'm really impressed by you guys. I'm such a scaredy cat...I could never talk to Daisuke Takahashi if I met him on the street. I would probably hide behind the next garbage bin, cat that I am! ;)

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I used to get star struck but then I realized they are just normal people. The same applies to skaters for me. The whole Japanese team seems really gracious. I'm in NYC enough and I would have loved to have run into Dai there and told him how much I loved his skating lol. Sasha Cohen is there too and if I ever meet her she's in for the same treatment. They will all get big fat thank you's from me for their contributions to the sport.

I already get anxious talking to non-famous people and have a mild case of telephobia, so I'm really impressed by you guys. I'm such a scaredy cat...I could never talk to Daisuke Takahashi if I met him on the street. I would probably hide behind the next garbage bin, cat that I am! ;)

Ha, no matter how much I tell this myself, I'm still a nervous wreck, because of what MaiKatze was saying here. I'm generally an awkward bean in social situations, so it's even worse around people I admire. I also only really approached Stephane and Daisuke, because I knew that I would kick myself afterwards, if I didn't and these opportunities don't come around too often.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Daisuke SP at 2002 Bofrost Cup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIUL0cVPXoo It was uploaded fairly recently and there is not one in OP, so here you are :) His hair, OMG! It looked so normal! :luv17:

If you got this from a well known tumblr - that would have been me, who sent her the link. lol
Or did we find it coincidentally at the same time? :eeking: The video looks so ancient, doesn't it?

Daisuke will be on FujiTV alot during the next two weeks! Starting with a few introductory TV-reports on Japanese Nationals (also featuring an interview with Kanako). (12.12. 23:30 / 12.13. 23:30 / 12.14. 23:59 / 12.15. 23:30 and 12.16. 23:58) Hamaguri posted the link to the first segment in Shoma's thread (I hope it's ok to bring it over here). She also translated Dai's analysis of Yuzu's and Shoma's skating there. :thank:

Daisuke meeting comedian Hiroyuki Amano will be shown on the 17th at 18:30 and the next edition of Life's Hero airs on December 17 at 00:35 and on the 18th at 23:15.

I personally hope the most for videos of "Christmas on Ice", parts of which will be broadcasted on TV Tokyo on the 17th 16:00-17:15. :luv17:

And last but not least he will be on-site at Japanese Nationals from 23th to 25th of December of course.

Whew, Dai is a very busy guy at the moment! :dance2:

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
If you got this from a well known tumblr - that would have been me, who sent her the link. lol
Or did we find it coincidentally at the same time? :eeking: The video looks so ancient, doesn't it?

Daisuke will be on FujiTV alot during the next weeks! Starting with a few introductory TV-reports on Japanese Nationals (also featuring an interview with Kanako). (12.12. 23:30 / 12.13. 23:30 / 12.14. 23:59 / 12.15. 23:30 and 12.16. 23:58) Hamaguri posted the link to the first segment in Shoma's thread (I hope it's ok to bring it over here). She also translated Dai's analyses of Yuzu's and Shoma's skating there. :thank:

Daisuke meeting comedian Hiroyuki Amano will be shown on the 17th at 18:30 and the next edition of Life's Hero airs on December 17 at 00:35 and on the 18th at 23:15.

I personally hope the most for videos of "Christmas on Ice", parts of which will be broadcasted on TV Tokyo on the 17th 16:00-17:15. :luv17:

And last but not least he will be on-site at Japanese Nationals from 23th to 25th of December of course.

Whew, Dai is a very busy guy at the moment! :dance2:

I took it from tumblr as you said :) So it was you? Why didn't you posted it here then? I'm sure Daisuke fans would rejoice! 2002 was year I didn't even watch Figure skating yet at all. So it's very ancient for me. First competition I remember was 2004 Europeans, and after that I watched only Euros and WC, since public TV only showed that, so it took me long time to see Daisuke for the first time, especially since I missed lots of Worlds and Europeans.... Anyway, his hair was so fine, why the need to gell it so much?

I'm definitely waiting for Christmas on Ice! The cast will be so good! :hap10:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I took it from tumblr as you said :) So it was you? Why didn't you posted it here then? I'm sure Daisuke fans would rejoice!

Had to go to work, so couldn't do it immediately. Now I came on here to do exactly that and then you had already posted it! :laugh:

2002 was year I didn't even watch Figure skating yet at all. So it's very ancient for me. First competition I remember was 2004 Europeans, and after that I watched only Euros and WC, since public TV only showed that, so it took me long time to see Daisuke for the first time, especially since I missed lots of Worlds and Europeans.... Anyway, his hair was so fine, why the need to gell it so much?

It's the same for me! And you know what bums me the most? I live in the 'Ruhrgebiet' 25 km away from Gelsenkirchen where Bofrost Cup was held and 45 km from Dortmund, where Daisuke competed at his first Worlds. To know that I could have seen young, aspiring Dai just around the corner from the place I live... :palmf: But I only discovered him in 2010 at the Vancouver Olympics and had been a casual viewer until then.

Oh, and I like his current hair. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^ My Dai Radar can spot him on the far left. I recognize Meryl and Charlie but I can't make out
who is behind Dai-chan's head.

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
After the first two XOI shows, DTRTS is providing us with the reports from lucky attendees as they're coming in. Anyone in here, who's seeing the show in person?

Apparently Dai skated his solo number to "The Song of Christmas" and did a duet to "Anthem" with Stéphane. (I need to see this asap) :dbana: The highlight for him might be, that he gets to hold goddess Meryl during the finale. He's possibly walking on clouds right now. :yes2:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Part of XOI was aired today!

Dai's collab with Chris Hart - he's as smooth as ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bMDdw5KQhY

And his duet with Stéphane. I'm almost speechless. Their synchronized twizzles, their spins, their everything! It's gorgeous! :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMs9pfdAMMY

Post-performance interview:
https://twitter.com/purplearashi/status/810025252361158656

Stéphane's praise is so heart-warming. Would love to know what Dai responded in japanese. And I also hope they get to skate together again (maybe at Art on Ice? ;) Rather unlikely, I know. But maybe at the next edition of Ice Legends in April?)

He did a beautiful 3A during the finale! (with a slight step-out, but who cares?) First one in a show since PIW? (I'm not sure...) :clapper:

https://twitter.com/Meryl_Davis/status/810094584894078976

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh my Dai's skating is so beautiful and he has his jumps too! Loved his duet with Steph both were amazing, loved it! :love:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Part of XOI was aired today!

Dai's collab with Chris Hart - he's as smooth as ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bMDdw5KQhY

And his duet with Stéphane. I'm almost speechless. Their synchronized twizzles, their spins, their everything! It's gorgeous! :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMs9pfdAMMY

:love::love::love: Thanks a lot!!! You've made my day! :thank:

after watching 5 times in a row..... came back to ETA:
omg I can watch the gorgeous steps in the mirror by Dai and Steph all day. :luv17: to me level 10, +10 GOE. JUST THAT MAGICAL! :luv17:

Last edited:

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Oh my Dai's skating is so beautiful and he has his jumps too! Loved his duet with Steph both were amazing, loved it! :love:

I can't get over it either. They already had this short beautiful duet during Ice Legends, but compared to this...it's just unbelievably gorgeous! :luv17: (I'm repeating myself. lol)

:love: Thanks a lot!!! You've made my day! :thank:

Aw, I didn't do anything, but post the links. :eek::

after watching 5 times in a row..... came back to ETA:
omg I can watch the gorgeous steps in the mirror by Dai and Steph all day. :luv17: to me level 10, +10 GOE. JUST THAT MAGICAL! :luv17:

They really are in such great synch already, aren't they? I'm sure it's going to get even better tomorrow. Can their performance even be measured on a scale? If there had been any judges, they'd probably been knocked unconcious from Dai's and Steph's combined force. :laugh:

This one also aired tonight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3glt8AXIHI focused on Kenji Miyamoto preparing for XOI, esp choreographing Dai's solo program and Dai/Steph collab program.

Thank you so much for posting this! :2thumbs: I was out all day, so couldn't watch it earlier, but will be onto it this very instant. :)

Edit: We're being spoiled at the moment.

Videos of the opening and finale have surfaced.

Two newsclips.

A brief glimpse of Daisuke skating with Meryl:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOHqa2yjRlW/

Last, but not least a few pictures: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

And Dai on TV show "Moshimo Tours" together with comedian Hiroyuki Amano was also aired yesterday. Watch out for the part of them skating on natural ice and a "Plushy-cameo" starting at 14:23: https://youtu.be/duvA34JaIak?t=6

Last edited: