Daisuke Takahashi | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

deedee1

Record Breaker
it's mid july, and he doesn't have even choreographer yet, sounds as he is not fully committed to the next season

That is exactly his team's strategy; to let his rivals off guard. ;) Good to know it's working! :biggrin:

Fyi, Daisuke normally gets his programs ready very late in the summer, compared to other elite skaters. e.g. his Mambo SP for 10-11 season he made it with Shae-Lynn in mid August, and one week (or two) later he performed it at Friends on Ice for the first time but almost perfectly, only to surprise Shae-Lynn who also skated at FoI! ;)

deedee1

Record Breaker
To talk about the 'animated hero' ;), I almost spilled coffee over my PC keyboard this morning when learned about the sudden (and unexpected!) trade of Ichiro to the Yankees! :eek:
I was not prepared for this one...just like the enexpected reunion of Nikolai and Dai. I so wished Hideki Matsui, instead, would be a Yankee again all season so far, but no chance it seems now...:cry:

I read about Ichiro but haven't had time to look at the story in detail. It seems to be a good move.

Great photo of Daisuke. Except that he's not merely "ready to rock"; he rocks already!

Team Japan, including Dai and Mao, is holding a summer camp in Aichi now. The new thing is they invited Meryl&Charlie to join the camp and give them some dance technique lesson: http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/winter/news/20120731-OHT1T00179.htm
http://twitpic.com/adsk3r
http://instagram.com/p/NvTB4rDEXF/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnZ2Mk2TUh8

Ooh, this is good to hear. I loved seeing Charlie and Meryl in the "Call Me Maybe" video. They seem to have a special connection with Japan.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Daisuke has chosen Nanami Abe for his SP choreography.
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20120801/fig12080105220000-n1.html

Adding fuel to conspiracy theory???:popcorn:

Wow, interesting if it's true. :)

Dai will skate to a competitive program done by a Japanese choreographer for the first time since he moved up to the senior.
Except Kenji Miyamoto, of course.

IIRC, he's been to Lee Ann Miller (2002-03), Tarasova (2003-05), Morozov(2005-08), Camerlengo(2009-12), Miyamoto(2009-10), Bourne(2010-11), Wison(2011-12), only during his whole senior career.

jasminum, thanks a lot!
I am not surprised, rahter I am glad he will never take an easier/safer route. Knowing Dai for a long time, I don't often get surprised or devastated anymore. :biggrin:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Wow, interesting if it's true. :)
I think it is. Remember, he was in Sendai in June and nobody could get why exactly. Abe name showed up since she is the only top coach who is based there. And that is all. There was probably still some negotiation going on, so that's why he said "I don't know yet" when he was asked about his new choreographer at PIW. Now it's officially announced. People say Abe did Mura's SP this season. That pasadoble that I was lucky to see in THE ICE hit Takahito's style and personaity perfectly. Somehow I feel safe and peaceful that Dai is going to work with Nanami on SP. :)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Boomsport posted some kind of report of the junior event that took place at Kansai University, and where Dai, Machida and Oda skated at Gala.

Dai skated tango Piazzolla but he had to modify it for a light arena, not the dark one as it usually happens at galas. He removed the part where his back is lying on the ice since it would look awkward in a broad dayight. On the question about his new hairstyle he said that yes, it's a little too short but he wants to start his new hair again before the season begins. By that time his hair will be longer. He is going to Hokkaido summer camp where he will stay for two weeks until Friends on Ice. He is still intriguing people about his SP (earlier it was announced that Abe chores it, when I wonder). But the hint is around that it's rock. The SP is almost ready but not completely done yet. About his new FS- things are even more mysterious. He said that he hasn't trained with Morozov yet. The current plan is to do in September, but it's not fixed either (the fact that FS and Morozov were mentioned almost together means NM will choreo his FS?). He realizes that the time befer JO is too short, so there might be some changes before JO (he will withdraw (very unlikely)? or show his old FS? seems kind of unlikely to me eaither). He once again said that he will retire after Sochi. He can't really follow London Olympics live because of the ime difference. He was impressed by Kitajima and his gracefulness to his team mate Tateishi. He also expressed his gratitude to the management of Kansai University rink.

Tatsuki Machida announced that he is not going to retire after Sochi like he planned earlier. He will continue to skate (yay! should be a good team leader, who knows). At gala he skated his samurai-aranjuez EX www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixOT0uW1W58 he cut his hair too! He is happy working with Anthony at States on jumps and stuff. His new SP is choreographed by Lambiel and the music is some contemporary, electric, house music, with some oriental flavour (oh my god, brrr..., so much for my Miyamoto-made dream SP Les Demoiselles de Rochefort that I saw at DOI).

Oda fortunately feels now much better and his leg is fine, more or less. He trains in Japan and in Canada, as you know. His new EX is choreographed by Miyamoto "New York, New York!" (meh...). His SP and FS both are done by Lori Nichol. The music for SP is some Native American tune "The New Moon in the Old Moon's Arms." Boomsport linked to youtube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbudzvedZms

(corrections welcome)

www.boom-sports.com/archives/2012-08.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the great update!

Of course it's wonderful to have news of Daisuke, but I'm also happy to hear that Oda is doing better.