Daisuke Takahashi | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Demarinis5, other boards haven't seen SP live, and the video is not well done, too many cuts, the footwork and lower body is often not seen at all. The prog is indeed undercooked yet, but Dai chose to follow his tradition to show his new SP at FOI no matter how not-ready it yet. I assume the first part will be worked on yet, the second is almost all there. The general concept is fresh and "guilty", as a glass full of Delamotte. No doubt the audience will buy it (unless they are on some simpler taste). :p

Baby Dai, accidentally found a rare fan video on divan0 channel:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie5-pxYJrWE

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Dai-chan looks great in Novogorsk, with longer and classier hair. Tomorrow the media day with J-press is promised:
http://twitpic.com/aurnty/full

Thanks! My heart skipped a beat :love: when clicked the photo, due to 'full-screen-sized' Dai.
Is it just me? Dai in photos taken in other countries always appear more matured and handsome than in Japan (rather boyish and cute...) ;)

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Is it just me? Dai in photos taken in other countries always appear more matured and handsome than in Japan (rather boyish and cute...) ;)
He-he. Well-noted. No, it's not just you. I guess boyish and cute is his marketable image for his devoted aunties with their "kakkkoi!!!", "kawaiii!!!" When he is abroad he is just what he is- matured and handsome. :)

I'm just swoon at the fact that Dai's in good shape and things with Morozov seem to go pretty well!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the clip. Is Dai skating to Pagliacci in this clip? Could this be his LP? I would double swoon if it is.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20120916/k10015055541000.html

The video and the article say that Dai is practicing with Morozv in the state sport center Novogorsk. He is planning to land two quads in free program. FS is opera music. None of the source specifies what opera is used, you can hear likely "Pagliacci" on video (unless it was just a rink background). Morozov told Dai to be very expressive and emotional since the opera music requires it. Also, Nikolai said that Dai has a huge experience in the field which gives him an advantage over his rivals. Dai said he feels very motivated and added that here in Moscow he can concentrate on training only (I assume no media, etc).

Dai is an opera boy. Wee! :popcorn:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20120916/k10015055541000.html

The video and the article say that Dai is practicing with Morozv in the state sport center Novogorsk. He is planning to land two quads in free program. FS is opera music. None of the source specifies what opera is used, you can hear likely "Pagliacci" on video (unless it was just a rink background). Morozov told Dai to be very expressive and emotional since the opera music requires it. Also, Nikolai said that Dai has a huge experience in the field which gives him an advantage over his rivals. Dai said he feels very motivated and added that here in Moscow he can concentrate on training only (I assume no media, etc).

Dai is an opera boy. Wee! :popcorn:
I'm happy that he's going for two quads, he needs them! I hope one of them will be a 4F, so we would see Chan with 4T, 4S and 4F, Dai with 4T and 4F, and maybe Mroz with 4T, 4Lo and 4Lz... The non-toeloop or salchow quad era has begun! (Or we can talk about the 4F battle? ;)) :popcorn:

That music is so emotional. It will be terrific to see Dai interpret it, if that's indeed the piece he's chosen. And two quads? Oh, my, I'll start biting my nails now.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I realize this is out of place in a fan fest thread, but I am really disappointed with what Dai is doing this year compared to last season. He had two fantastic programs, would it have killed him to keep one (preferably the SP)? I am not ready to let both of them go!

I'm happy that he's going for two quads, he needs them! I hope one of them will be a 4F, so we would see Chan with 4T, 4S and 4F, Dai with 4T and 4F, and maybe Mroz with 4T, 4Lo and 4Lz... The non-toeloop or salchow quad era has begun! (Or we can talk about the 4F battle? ;)) :popcorn:
Look, I get the excitement about cool new jumps, but so far the only skater in the non 4T/4S quad club is Brandon Mroz, and I don't think he should inspire that much enthusiasm :p

Let's see the skaters actually land these quads they're talking about, then we can get excited about new eras and such. Last I checked, neither Takahashi nor Chan has even managed a 4S in competition, let alone a more difficult quad - and the number of skaters who have done three quads in a program has remained unchanged since 2006.

Last edited:
It's not out of place, Buttercup. You're as eager as the rest of us to see Dai at his best, and certainly his programs last year were beyond superb. It's a legitimate worry to bring up. In a way I feel even more strongly like this about Davis/White, because their Die Fledermaus program last year was so astonishingly gorgeous--how can they top that? But let's give it at least until we see the actual programs in competition before letting disappointment take over. After all, programs get tweaked through the season, and skaters gain facility with them as well.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ I m happily amazed how in just one olympiad things change regarding the TES, Sochi will be a exciting!(i hope)

The music in the background is his long or short program, is his music known by now, sorry I didnt update alot during the summer.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Look, I get the excitement about cool new jumps, but so far the only skater in the non 4T/4S quad club is Brandon Mroz, and I don't think he should inspire that much enthusiasm :p

Let's see the skaters actually land these quads they're talking about, then we can get excited about new eras and such. Last I checked, neither Takahashi nor Chan has even managed a 4S in competition, let alone a more difficult quad - and the number of skaters who have done three quads in a program has remained unchanged since 2006.[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry if my memory is short, but who landed 3 quads in the same program in 2006?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
The music in the background is his long or short program, is his music known by now, sorry I didnt update alot during the summer.
His SP is The Stroll & Rudy's Rock by Bill Haley and The Comets. I am sure there is a youtube link of his SP performance at FOI a couple of pages back. The music of his FS hasn't been officially announced yet, except that it's opera music. On the background you can hear Pagliacci by Leoncavallo, so everyone assumed that is that opera music of his FS.
I'm sorry if my memory is short, but who landed 3 quads in the same program in 2006?
Brian Joubert in Cup of Russia (4T-2T, 4S, 4T).

Some of you might have already heard that the JSF issued the statement that they consider the possibiity that Japanese skaters won't be able to go to Cup of China due to anti-Japan protests there. JSF can't guarantee athletes' safety. If things won't get better by the due time, then J-athletes will lose one GP and automatically will be out of the GPF :disapp:. Cup of China is scheduled 2-4 Nov, the list of J-athletes is Daisuke Takahahsi, Tatsuki Machida, Mao Asada, Miki Ando, Narumi Takahashi/Mervin Tran.