Daisuke Takahashi | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well I think if Dai was injured he would decline it is not like he is a boy he is 27 with a mind of his own.

That said I do hope he gives himself a break and rests he surely does need it.

figuristka

Medalist
Hope Dai and Akiko skate well at WTT and show their best skating. Then get a much needed break. Cheers! for 2 of the most beautiful artistic skaters who show maturity on the ice.

Hope Dai and Akiko skate well at WTT and show their best skating. Then get a much needed break. Cheers! for 2 of the most beautiful artistic skaters who show maturity on the ice.

Agreed!

Deedee and Let's Talk, take notes so you can tell us all about WTT. And enjoy it, you lucky ducks.

let`s talk

Match Penalty

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks for the pics. Alot to be admired from Dai and Akiko on and off the ice. Both seem so humble despite being great talents.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
You reminded me of the interview and pics of those two in the recent fs magazine Team Japan (Ladies).

http://twitpic.com/cbabyy
http://twitpic.com/cbab0l
http://twitpic.com/cba8fs

(haven't read any single line in that magazine yet, so don't ask me about the interview please)
The interview is actually rather fluffy and Daisuke doesn' talk much, mostly Akiko. She said she wants to accomplish her career in Sochi because it will make the cloudy feeling in her heart go away. She realizes that she will be at rather advanced age in 2014- 28 year old, and no one in ladies tried the Olympics at this age before, so she wants to see how it will work out (Slutskaya was 27 in Torino). She and Dai occasionally hang out drinking (like probably all Team Japan :yes:) at off season. Dai gave her some advices in skating, like to keep practicing even if the competition doesn't go well, because without practicing you have zero chances but with practicing you have the one. The rest of advices she will keep for herself ;). She felt uncomfortable when Dai tried to calm her down when she was crying after JN because she thought Dai fans might not like her for that (what strange ideas do you Akiko-chan have in your head? :rolleye:). She said she didn't catch Dai's Blues at first (don't worry, the judges never chaught it at all :laugh:). Daisuke added that he knows that some people felt disappointed with his current LP after the last year's Blues. But gradually things changed. He feels very comfortable in Pagliacci and he likes the prog a lot. :)

What an interesting interview. One of the great things about older skaters is that they can be articulate in a mature way about both skating and life, having known both victory and defeat. Akiko and Daisuke have both experienced the kind of adversity that could have ended a career, and they both came back at the top level. I'd be interested to hear what they had to say even if I were not a devoted fan of them both--and of course I am a fan.

How fascinating to hear Daisuke's take on his programs from these past two seasons. (Sweet that Akiko admitted that she didn't catch on at first....) And I love Dai's advice to Akiko. It's true. Even when you feel that all is lost, you keep trying so that the possibility of success remains. As they say, if you don't try, you have a guaranteed 100% chance of failure.

I didn't realize that Slutskaya was 27 in Torino. A pretty good outcome for a lady of advanced age! I do miss her; she was a splendid athlete and a lovely personality. What springy jumps she had! And a good long career, spent mostly at or near the top of the ladder.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks let's talk, much appreciated!

Great translation Miyu, thank you so much! Very interesting interview. Dai does not mention injury just mental exhaustion. The man
was thinking to darn much. Glad there is no injury.

Of course Dai's hair is looking gorgeous!

deedee1

Record Breaker
^Thanks let's talk, much appreciated!

Great translation Miyu, thank you so much! Very interesting interview. Dai does not mention injury just mental exhaustion. The man
was thinking to darn much. Glad there is no injury.

Of course Dai's hair is looking gorgeous!

:yes: I was so relieved, too, to read this interview and no injury mentioned.

As for Dai's hair, how many top athletes in the world do constantly show up in the beauty salon's blog entries, not blogs on physio care/training/conditioning, and every time s/he goes there for cut perm or hair dye??? I have to wonder. :laugh:
It seems actually their 62th entry on Dai ;) http://ameblo.jp/marienbethkyoryuchi/theme-10020974730.html

let`s talk

Match Penalty

She finished the last part: http://web.canon.jp/event/skating/interview/int_takahashi3.html

Q: Finally we will have the Olympic games in the next season. Are you feeling differently from how you felt before the previous two Olympics started?
D: As for Torino Olympics, I became eager to go to the Olympics after 2005 World Championships, so I started preparing for it after the Olympics season had already started. As for Vancouver Olympics, I sat out for a year due to the injury which I got a year before, so I also could prepare for it only within the year of the Olympics. But this time, it's pretty much different because I've been preparing for three years in my mind.

Q: Is the Olympics that special after all?
A: It's different at all. The atmosphere is different. Even though we have the same athletes and judges as usual, the atmosphere is totally different.

Q: How did you feel during Torino Olympics?
D: I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't feel much that I was burdened with something. I got excited with a joy to participate in the Olympics and then it was over.

Q: How about Vancouver Olympics?
D: It was just after I came back from the injury. I had to prepare for it in a dash and also thought I wanted to enjoy the olympics, because, to be honest, I was not sure if I could win a medal, I thought it difficult. But it will be more difficult this time, I think.

Q: As you got the medal without any successful quads in Vancouver, don’t you have a good shot at winning something better with your current condition?
D: I couldn't land any quads during that season but at the same time no one did it. It was very different from the current situation, now doing three quads is no longer special.

Q: You answered in the interview in Canada "Probably the next year will be the last" with an uncertain nuance. There appeared a possibility not to retire?
D: I’ve never declared clearly that the next year is the last. I just said I will work hard taking it as the last year. (laugh bitterly) I limit the time and I will work as much as I can admit I’ve done enough until then. So, at the end of next year if I think I can’t do anymore, I will quit. Probably I won’t continue after next year, but anything could happen in life.

Q: I see, I actually expected a little. What kind of performance do you want to deliver in the Olympics?
D: If I can go, I’d like to deliver a performance which moves my own self. A performance that I put every single piece of myself into. It’s no matter whether I make a mistake or not. I’d like to feel the atmosphere, it’s hard to say, something like the arena is uniting into one. The indescribable atmosphere that I’m connecting (to the arena).

Q: What kind of experience will Sochi Olympics become for you?
D: It’s not determined yet if I can participate or not, but the road to this coming Olympics is also the start for the next chapter of my life. It will all depend on the Olympics how I can start my next career after I retire. So I think, it’s the last, yet also the first. It will be a start for me in order to start doing what I’m willing to do.