Daisuke Takahashi | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Nationals is going to be so heartbreaking, knowing that it will be many skaters' last National Championships, after they have been out there competing for so long. Skating won't be the same without Dai and Mao and Akiko and the many others whose skating journeys will be ending soon. Deedee1, I am very happy that you are able to go, and I can't wait to hear from you what it was like. I will be there in spirit, and will be up at 4AM here in the U.S. cheering Dai on through my computer screen :) He is and will always be my favorite skater, and he has my support no matter what. It makes me very happy that he has so many loyal supporters on this site and across the world.

Do you remember Coach Nagamitsu saying after 2010 something like that Daisuke couldn't retire until he skated a program that brought her to tears? She said that it hadn't happened yet, even at the 2010 Olympics, but maybe either at Nats or the Olympics, he will have that skate. I hope so. I know I will be a teary mess after he skates in the Olympics, no matter what. Dai always takes us on an emotional rollercoaster.

Best of luck at Nationals, Dai-chan. You have my heart <3

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Can I please wake up from this Nightmare? The only thing that is positive about Daisuke maybe not going to Sochi is that I won't be a nervous wreck and actually won't care who wins. The whole competition won't matter much to me anymore.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^I just watched it. Poor Dai he was so upset. I am suprised he gave this brief interview.

He says "I am grateful to the fans that cheered me through till the end of my performance. I regret that I could not show my
real peformance. I guess this is the result I have not faced squarely with skating."

He blamed himself and did not mention his injury or the Olympic team.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
^I just watched it. Poor Dai he was so upset. I am suprised he gave this brief interview.

He says "I am grateful to the fans that cheered me through till the end of my performance. I regret that I could not show my
real peformance. I guess this is the result I have not faced squarely with skating."

:bow:

giulia95

Medalist

:cry: :bow::bow::bow:

It would be an enormous loss for the world not to see Dai at the Olympics.

deedee1

Record Breaker
All I can say right now is Daisuke's Sonatina and Beatles medley were so beautiful.
I have not checked my HDD recorder yet, but according to a couple of online news I checked so far, we have to be ready for announcement of his retirement tomorrow night if Dai is not selected to the Olympic team. (((Daisuke)))

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Oh no, deedee. I feared something like this. What a shame. It's no use to cry, but I almost am crying. This is so horrible. Please let this be some weird alternative universe.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
All I can say right now is Daisuke's Sonatina and Beatles medley were so beautiful.
I have not checked my HDD recorder yet, but according to a couple of online news I checked so far, we have to be ready for announcement of his retirement tomorrow night if Dai is not selected to the Olympic team. (((Daisuke)))

:cry:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Hi deedee. This is what I am hearing too.

altuixde

On the Ice
I wish I had a spot on the team so I could give it up for Daisuke. I'd have to be able to give up two spots, though (because he came in 5th, not 4th). But I'm not even a skater.

However, the team hasn't even been chosen yet, right?

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
I'm not going to write my 'I love you and goodbye' post yet. I can't. Not yet. I feel like this can't be the end - he has something special for the world to see at the Olympics, and I am not giving up hope that he will make the team.
Dai is so beloved, and that makes me very happy. He seems to struggle with confidence sometimes, but I hope he realizes how much people adore him no matter what. People aren't talking about who won the competition as much as they are talking about the guy who came in fifth; everyone wants to see Dai go to Sochi. He belongs there.
I'm grateful for the people who translated that interview, and it definitely tugged at my heartstrings. I wonder what he was thinking about, knowing that might have been the end? We will never know, but I remember him saying once a couple years back that he didn't want to quit skating yet because then everyone would leave - the media, his fans, etc. He felt he needed to keep skating because he was afraid that everyone would leave him otherwise. I hope so much that he wasn't thinking that. I wish I could tell him that we won't leave him. Sure, every athlete has some fair-weather "fans" who will only support him when he wins, but I know Dai has many, many "fans" who are more than that -- he has supporters (like people on this page) who will love him always and never forget him <3
I, too, wish that there was something I could do to make Dai get a spot on that team, like have a spot to give up for him, like altuixde mentioned. Really, though, I just wish there was some way for me to tell Daisuke how much he is loved, how much his skating has meant to me, and how he will never, ever be forgotten. One of Dai's facebook pages suggested that his fans post on his blog, but the posts could not be longer that two lines, or it wouldn't go through. How can I express everything about this enchanting skater who has captured my heart in two lines? It's not adequate. I just saw the scores and the videos within the past hour, and honestly, I am sitting here sobbing. I didn't expect to cry until the Olympics, but when I think about Dai's journey and how it can't end now, I cried.
Forever and always, Daisuke <3

ETA: I apologize for the post not being very cohesive. Rambling thoughts are all I can manage at the moment :cry:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Can't deny that I'm really glad this Nationals wasn't the last we've seen of Daisuke. I'm kind of mad that Morozov wasn't at Nationals. Even Orser went with Yuzuru. In times like these Daisuke would have needed Morozov more than ever. Urgh, I just don't wanna think about it.

That announcement video just shows that no one compares. Everyone got like polite clapping and when Daisukes name was called the arena exploded, :laugh:

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
That announcement video just shows that no one compares. Everyone got like polite clapping and when Daisukes name was called the arena exploded, :laugh:

Haha this moment made me smile :) That has got to make him feel good :D

I am also glad that Daisuke gets to skate in front of the world in Sochi. I could barely bring myself to check the result on my computer this morning. Before I did, I had to comfort myself by watching some of my favorites of Daisuke's old programs :) I wonder how he feels about it, though - is it very bittersweet for him, since he didn't earn his spot at Nationals?

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
This was such an emotionally draining Nationals! If I feel that way, I can't imagine what the skaters must feel like! I'm a rather new skating fan (since 2010 Olympics) -- is this what the Olympic season is always like?!?! So many emotions and so much heartbreak </3

deedee1

Record Breaker
The Nats has turned out to me so emotional draining overwhelming...much worse than I prepared myself for... Happy for Dai of course, but had so many other feelings for him and other skaters all together. may need a couple of days to go back to the real world, I guess. will write some report later, I promise.

CONGRATS TO DAISUKE!!!

Here is the announcement video! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6bfSdpDRR8

Thanks for the link!
After the names were announced by Ito-san, the crowd had to wait another 20min until all selected members to finally show up onto the rink, to greet the crowd and give some speech. And while we all patiently waiting, I heard someone saying "YEEESSS!" in a loud voice. From the short corner of the rink and in English. Must be her, I would suspect. For now, congrats to Dai, to his whole team and to all his fans LT included, for him making the Oly team. :yes: