Daisuke Takahashi | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

yude

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFzYeAlPV2c

Hi:) This is VERY rough translation of the interview of team JAPAN in すぽると, only Q&A part. (〇=true(t) ×= false(f)) I thought Yukari and Daisuke are so funny in this clip, hope you enjoy it!

Q . This was the most tense Japanese Nationals I had ever participated in.

A. Yuzuru t
Tatsuki t
Daisuke t
Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako t

Mr. Nishioka: Asada-senshu, this was'nt the most tense, then when was the most tense Japanese Nationals?
Mao: It was Vancouver Olympics.
N: Japanese nationals in the year of Vancouver Olympics?
Mao: No, I was nervous the most in the Vancouver Olympics.
N: I see, how was your nervousness in Japanese Nationals this time?
Mao: Oh, Japanese Nationals?
N: I was intending the question of it.
(everyone is laughing)
Mao: Still, still, I was nervous the most in Japanese Nationals in the year of the Vancouver Olympics.
N: Sure you were, how was your mental state this time? Were you calm?
Mao: Yes.
N: Was there any reason for it?
Mao: I think that was because I have experienced the Vancouver Olympics.
N: I see. Hanyu-senshu, you were not nervous weren't you?
Yuzuru: I was being nervous all the time (in JN) since SP. I rather got nervous in SP.
N: Machida-senshu, your answer was also "t".
Tatsuki: Yes. Because everything was decided in this competition, and this was the first and the last challenge for
me to Japanese Nationals in the year of the Olympics. I would regret if I had done things by halves, in that sense, I got nervous but never have I did my best. The arena was also huge, that made me feel good while I was performing.

Q. It was me who cried the most in this competition.

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke t
Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako t
(everyone is laughing)

N: Takahashi-san, that's what we thought.
L: Murakami-senshu, you think you cried the most? (Sorry,I don't know her name, let's say "L" as in lady)
Kanako: Yes, I watched the secene I cried on TV at that night and I was so surprised that I was so ugly.
(everyone is laughing)
N: No, you were not!
L: Is it ok for us to consider that was a tears of joy?
K: Yes, that was the first tears of joy in my life.
N: Nice tears.
L: Beautiful tears.
K: It was not beautiful(laughs).
N: And, takahashi-senshu.
Daisuke: Yes, well, I am not a crying person very much, but this time I was. Oda-kun has a character of crying, not me, but I guess I took his role this time.
(everyone is laughing)
N: But, the feeling of despair was bigger at that time?
D: Yes, I had various feelings and I think there was me thought negative and negative.
L: And Suzuki-senshu, your tears were also memorable.
Akiko: Yes, well, after the winning, many people came to me for congratulating, and I fixed my make-up again and again but I cried again after all.

Q. I am satisfied with my performances in Japanese Nationals.

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke f
Akiko t
Mao f
Kanako t

N: Machida-senshu, I think you had pretty good performances?
T: I think I had minimum mistakes, but I was so tense. I had many faults so there are a lot of points I have to review.
But I think that will lead to the next.
N: Hanyu-senshu, I'm sure you're thinking about Salchow?
Y: Regrettable.
N: Indeed.
Y: I have a feeling like "when I will succeed!?",
(cross talking of N and Y, I can't hear them clearly)
N: So a little regret remains.
Y: Yes.
N: Murakami-senshu.
K: Yes, well, I was really really nervous but I think I could give everything I have now in that situation.

Q. It is awkward to be reported by Yukari Nakano.
(Everyone is laughing)

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke t
Akiko t
Mao f
Kanako f

(Translation of Yukari and Daisuke part)

Daisuke: Please give me some advices, as you are senior.
Yukari: We both got old.
Daisuke: We aged much.
Yukari: We aged much (laughs).
Daisuke: Strange feeling (laughs).
Yukari: Thank you very much.
Daisuke: Thank you very much.
Yukari: And please look into the camera and make some comments.
Daisuke: You are fast! (laughs. He means that Yukari turned very quicly to a reporter from a friend.)

N: Takahashi-senshu, is it awkward?
D: It is.
N: She is in front of you.
D: I don't know how to say it, but I don't know how to deal with her.
(everyone is laughing)
L: Suzuki-senshu, you are a year older than she is, but is it awkward?
A: We had been competing together since we were in the elementary schools, we also competed in Japanese Nationals in the year of Vancouver. Is she here (scene of broadcasting on Fuji TV) since last year?
(Yukari is nodding, everyone is laughing)
It is very strange feeling.

Q. Ladies are stronger mentally (a question for men).

A. Yuzuru t
Tatsuki t
Daisuke t

N: Machida-senshu, you exactly think so?
T: I was watching all the ladies' yesterday, and every year I think, well, I was watching the final group and found that men are mentally weaker and how miserable we are.
(everyone is laughing)
N: No, you are not. Hanyu-senshu, you are mentally strong.
Y: No, well, including the final group, I think strengths of ladies are extraordinary.

Q. Men are weaker mentally (a question for ladies).
(everyone is laughing)

A. Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako f

N: Asada-senshu, men's competition was great also, but were you too busy to see that?
M: I was watching it on TV.
N: How was it?
M: Two kinds of quad...stamina and power demanding...I watched it thinking what a high-standard competition it was.

Q. I don't like Japanese Nationals being held in the Christmas season every year.

A. Yuzuru f
Tatsuki f
Daisuke f
Akiko f
Mao f
Kanako t

N: Murakami-senshu, you are alone.
L: Do you feel like you have something to do in this season besides skating?
K: No, well, Santa doesn't come to me since the competition had started being held in this season...
N: Santa came to you every year until then?
K: Yes, so I miss him a little.

Q. I will have the best performance in Sochi.

A. Yuzuru t
Tatsuki t
Daisuke t
Akiko t
Mao t
Kanako t

Y: I have been making mistakes on 4S so far, so I want to manage to land it. And I want to keep my stamina and perform till the end.
T: Both SP and FP in this season are (I'm sorry I can't hear him crealy) to me, so I want to perform them in body and soul.
N: I'm looking forward to hearing your noble words in the interview.
T: Well, I don't think I can express my feeling in words (laughs).
D: Well, I was selected with the pros and cons for the Olympics this time, so I have to have the best performance in return carrying various feelings on my back.
A: I want to have performances that I can feel the moment like "My skating life was full of happiness".
M: In Sochi, I'll do my best to skate perfectly in the level I am aiming for.
K: This is my first Olympics, so I will probably be scared, but I could perform well being scared in this Japanese Nationals. I want to skate better than the Nationals, I will try hard so that I'm going to be praised by the teacher.
N: Santa may be waiting for you in Sochi, please have a wonderful performance.

deedee1

Record Breaker
^ Thanks! :)

:party2: A Happy New Year to Daisuke, demarinis & all his fans! :party2:
May the new year bring YOU ALL great happiness! :yes:

Pattina

On the Ice
Hi everybody!! I'm late, but....Happy New Dai-Year to you all!! May it be full of joy and happyness and wonderful Dai stuff!!

Yesterday TokyoTV aired a special on Dai-chan. Very good stuff. Thanks to uploader (two videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1_Gw33WDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdOOmYN1GE&feature=youtu.be

Lots of talks: Dai & Akko, Team D1SK reviewing Beatles Medley after JO (and a lot of fun, also) and Dai & Kitajima san, the great Japanese swimmer who won 4 Oly golds.
But also lots and lots of Dai's joyful smiles and laughters.

I don't understand a word, but I could stare at Dai-chan for hours...his hands, his eyes, his mouth....:love::love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing the link Pattina. Tokyo TV did a great job. Loved the talk between Dai and Akiko.

Happy belated New Year to you and Happy "Three Kings Day" :)

altuixde

On the Ice
Hi everybody!! I'm late, but....Happy New Dai-Year to you all!! May it be full of joy and happyness and wonderful Dai stuff!!

Yesterday TokyoTV aired a special on Dai-chan. Very good stuff. Thanks to uploader (two videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL1_Gw33WDw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNdOOmYN1GE&feature=youtu.be

Lots of talks: Dai & Akko, Team D1SK reviewing Beatles Medley after JO (and a lot of fun, also) and Dai & Kitajima san, the great Japanese swimmer who won 4 Oly golds.
But also lots and lots of Dai's joyful smiles and laughters.

I don't understand a word, but I could stare at Dai-chan for hours...his hands, his eyes, his mouth....:love::love:

The videos were removed! I only got to see the first one. :no:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Too late I guess, but a small report on Daisuke at Nats Dec 21-23, 2013.

SP final group's 6min warm-up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyB-B35FtZ0

On arena's big screen showed all 6 skaters of the final group waiting by the board for ice ready after zamboni time; Yuzuru stood right in front of the entrance to ice looking so cofident, and Taka very focused, while Dai rather distant and hesitant...which made me very nervous already.
Daisuke looked so tense to me during 6min warm-up. IIRC, he did 3L (to check his rotations in the air I think), a clean 3Lz, 3A (very shaky landing), then went for only quads the rest of warm-up. Poor Dai, what was on his mind was quad, quad, quad...probably; the first one he tripled it, second one he had to give it up about 2 and half rotatins in the air and w/ 2 foot landing, third one he did 4 revolutions but heavily UR and 2 footed, so that made him stand upright upon landing (=didn't cause him a fall, and to his fans 'thank goodness', you know...)

Actual SP:
Dai with the opening pose on the arena screen looked a bit nervous but focused enough, I thought. When he two-footed 4T, my husband said 'wow, good!' and I said 'phew...' with a sigh of relief, though it was clearly heavily under-rotated even from where we sat, because we sort of prepared ourselves for Dai would either fall on the quad or a pop, you know... So sorry about the unfortunate fall in spite of landing 3A. He killed it, everyone thought and big applause, but turned into sudden 'eek' a second later when he slid on ice... As for the combo, my hubby still says Dai was lucky since another tech panel might have called it 3Lz<-3T<. But he also said he was very impressed with Dai that night, since he never believed Dai would go for all jumps as planned and actually rotated them with no pop, especially 4T and 3A. Overall Dai did his best, considering his injured knee and the way he looked during warm-up, we both agreed. And all claps and applaude were really warm ones from every corner of the arena while Dai greeting to the crowds with half sad half appreciative smiles after performance. What broke my heart the most was his divastated face with watery vacant eyes in the KnC when the score came up...:cry:

A bit off topic, but have you seen lots of banners d1sk towels in all colors, and heard calling his name both in female and male voices in all generations thru PC/TV when Dai took to the ice? That's one thing I am always surprised and delighted to witness Dai has so many male fans every time I go to live competitions!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I hope that being far from the favourite that Daisuke is going into these games with lot less pressure on his shoulders, wil rise to the occasion and leave all the others behind by delivering 2 clean programs! Go Dai.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for the great news, demarinis. How nice to know Lori came all the way to Japan, to re-work the BM Free with him! :)

---------------------------------
Some more report on Dai at J-Nats.

Dai at the official practice early in the morning on the day of Free skate:
Was reported by a couple of medias that what Dai did in jump-wise was doubles only during the morning official practice.... At the end of practice, he touched the ice as he was leaving, asking the angel of ice to let him land a quad for once in the free skate; he later admits in the interview: http://www.sankeibiz.jp/express/news/140114/exf14011412450003-n1.htm

During 6min warm-up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReX9s50UPfs
Prior to Mens Free skate was Ladies SP, and thanks to all our girls and its fabulous and gutzy performance back to back, we did spend such luxury time of figure skating with pure joy. Lots of standing ovations. especially after Miki's 'My Way', and Akiko's 'Hymne à L'amour'! :) When the final 6 skaters showed up on ice, the volume of cheering from all the crowds hit at the highest level. Calling skater's name of each one's favorite and waving banners, as you will see and hear it in the above video. In this country, Ladies is more popular, gets more attention from media and attracts more TV viewers than Men in general, yes it's true, but Men as a descipline has much much more devoted and enthusiastic fans: if you ever attend to a skating competition in Japan, you will be surprised to see that. And many of these fans do not hesitate to come a long way by air/train from home by her/himself, seem to be never bothered by sitting at the small seat for hours a day and attend the whole competition for days alone, just to cheer for the particular skater(s). (-for instance, two seats away to the left from me was a lady, probably in my age, who seemingly attended this comp by herself and was rooting for Nobu. Right before his Free skate, she called out his name loudly a number of times, but when he got started, she was all quiet, why, she herself started counting in whisper and checking every Nobu's jumping passes while holding both of her palms together in front of her, like a prayer.)

IIRC, Dai did a 3L, popped to 1Lz, 3Lz, then went for 3A but did not land it fully on his injured right leg. The way he stepped it out was almost intentionally as if avoiding the pain on the knee, sad sad sad. The rest of warm-up, he only went for a quad after quad, but he either tripled it, heavily two-footed, or fell on it, did not succeed any of them, while other skaters seemed to land beautiful 3A, 3A combo and quad effortlessly...

'It may be most likely one last competitive skate of his that you can see live, so you just won't miss any moment, will you?', I told myself and literally prepared for that.

Actual FS:

Dai at the opening pose on the big screen appeared less intense, rather relaxed with smile and focused somehow, compared to SP the day before. His first 4T looked fully rotated from where we sat in spite of fall. Had the best height, I thought, among those I saw from him for two days. When he took the route for the second quad, I cried out Nikolai's name in my mind; 'why aren't you here? when we NEED you the most?', there was no other moment that I had wanted Nikolai to be with Dai, probably, believing NM would never ever have let him go for two qauds with such bad knee condition, you know. He skated beautifully to the Beatles medley but with less speed not using the entire rink than at NHK where he skated it so brilliantly, sadly to admit. By the time he doubled the planned Loop in the middle, his Olympic dream almost vanished it seemed, however, he somehow started skating bigger, more speed and more freely the rest of the program; many of fans who were at the arena would agree with me, I think. At that point, er... how can I say, his skate suddenly became 'alive', it looked so to me at least. In front of my eyes, his choreo sequence to 'The long and winding road' was the best one I saw this season and most emotional one I have ever seen from him. Dai was like a bluebird finally out of the cursed cage and flying over sky care-free. His skating was pure and beautiful despite error-filled performance.

After the performance, he greeted to the crowds in every directions by saying 'thank-you', with sad a smile and trying to hold back his tears. And I replied him back a silent 'no-we-thank-YOU' in my mind. The overall reaction from all crowds after his free was very warm and appreciative one, while the one right before his free was, er, rather anxious, or enthusiastic and much much encouraging.

After the victory ceremony, on the way to the nearest train station from the Arena, and in the crowded/crazily-packed train actually, many talked about the Mens result and which three out of the top five finisheres were going to be named tomorro night. So did I with my husband on our long way back home...It was after midnight we finally got home exhausted both mentally and physically.

-----------------
will write a bit more, about DAY 3 later.