Daisuke Takahashi | Page 62 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Has Daisuke said whether or not he'll compete at worlds?

NTV(Japan) broadcasted his interview filmed just after his FS. He said he was going to take time to think and talk with his team about his future plan
in a couple of days but at this moment he thought that his FS performance was the limit of his ability. He said that he wasn't sure but it is possible
he will participate at Worlds.

We will have to wait for his announcement. I am thinking no (hope I am wrong) because his knee has been an ongoing problem.

Scovies

Final Flight
Thanks, demarini. Worlds are 6 weeks away, so maybe that would be enough time for him to be healthy enough to skate. I'd love for him to have his swan song in Japan.

tripletwizzle

Rinkside
Hey all! Am so, so proud of what he accomplished at Sochi too!! I would love to see him go to Worlds, forget about quads & just skate with his pizzazz at a zillion percent. Maybe even dump this season's programs & go back to his most sassy ones. Now that would be a send-off :).

Quick question- I really want one of those D1SK flags & have been wondering where to get one of them or other Team Japan-themed merch online? I live in the USA.

starryxskies

On the Ice
Is there a translation anywhere of what Nobu said about Dai in that interview? I'm such a sucker for anything sentimental

pomodorot

Rinkside
Is there a translation anywhere of what Nobu said about Dai in that interview? I'm such a sucker for anything sentimental

Nobu said, "because I saw you practice at Kandai -- their home rink -- I was really worried about you..."

He knew how serious Dai's injury was...

And their conversation went on like:

D: "Yeah, it was really tough... When it's over, let's go and eat"
N: "Let's have Korean barbeque."
D: "Yes! And party!"

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
LadyCapulet, Scovies, pomodorot and tripletwizzle Welcome to GS and Dai's Fan Fest Thread. :)

Scovies

Final Flight
Thanks, demarini! I've been lurking for awhile but finally decided to post. Dai is my favorite skater, so this seemed a pretty good place to start. :)

hunterbear

Spectator
Thank you guy for those information. I'm new here and decide to post ^^. Sorry if my English's bad.Yesterday my friend in tumblr posted an youtube link and writed that Shizuka Arakawa commented on how the people involved (not just Japan) all wanted to see Dai at the Gala, and so he got a special invitation. Can someone confirm me that new (since I don't know any Japanese) ???

luckykid

On the Ice
I didn't see that video, but people are saying on twitter that he is indeed invited. I think the protocol for gala is medalists plus any invitation for 4-6 placing skaters.

hunterbear

Spectator
I'm a new member so I can't post link. You can go to youtube and search this "20130217 Daisuke Takahashi eぶりぃ" to find the video ( or search google nothingridiculous tumblr). They tell me Shizuka said around 10:00.
btw, Dai seems calm and relaxed . I hope his injured get better.

LadyCapulet

Spectator
Thanks! Same as Scovies, I've been lurking around here for a couple years but thought I would be eaten alive by the non Dai-ubers so kept quiet, heh. I know I can be completely biased in my adoration for him, but I don't care. I've been enchanted by him ever since Torino 2006 and have never strayed since :eek:: :p

LadyCapulet

Spectator
I'm a new member so I can't post link. You can go to youtube and search this "20130217 Daisuke Takahashi eぶりぃ" to find the video ( or search google nothingridiculous tumblr). They tell me Shizuka said around 10:00.
btw, Dai seems calm and relaxed . I hope his injured get better.

Yes Shizuka says that he was indeed invited and that she thinks it's because anyone involved in the skating world would want to see and be dazzled with his performance. When Daisuke say that he will do his best to perform well since it'll will most likely be his last Olympic Gala, Shizuka says she was starting to feel emotional at the phrase 'last Olympic Gala'

hunterbear

Spectator
Yes Shizuka says that he was indeed invited and that she thinks it's because anyone involved in the skating world would want to see and be dazzled with his performance. When Daisuke say that he will do his best to perform well since it'll will most likely be his last Olympic Gala, Shizuka says she was starting to feel emotional at the phrase 'last Olympic Gala'

Thank you so much, I think the invitation 's more than good mark or any medal. It means Dai's a legend and even more than that. Because his style 's unique and emotional, goes through the heart.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Thanks! Same as Scovies, I've been lurking around here for a couple years but thought I would be eaten alive by the non Dai-ubers so kept quiet, heh. I know I can be completely biased in my adoration for him, but I don't care. I've been enchanted by him ever since Torino 2006 and have never strayed since :eek:: :p

I think in this forum most people like Daisuke. He, at least, doesn't have many haters I think. I think skaters as well, think Daisuke is THE one. They all fanboy pretty hard when he is around. Look here a pic with the belgian skater, Jorik. http://instagram.com/p/kjWaqSvNHo/#

I'm also biased, but I don't understand how anyone cannot have Daisuke as his favourite skater. It just doesn't make sense to me, haha! Have you joined the Daisuke Fan Forum? You can get soooo much more infos there! There are many Daisuke Fans who even went to Sochi to support him, they translate articles and generally, you get a whole different picture of Daisuke when you're a member. You understand why he performed the way he did at certain comps, ect.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thank you guy for those information. I'm new here and decide to post ^^. Sorry if my English's bad.Yesterday my friend in tumblr posted an youtube link and writed that Shizuka Arakawa commented on how the people involved (not just Japan) all wanted to see Dai at the Gala, and so he got a special invitation. Can someone confirm me that new (since I don't know any Japanese) ???

I didn't see that video, but people are saying on twitter that he is indeed invited. I think the protocol for gala is medalists plus any invitation for 4-6 placing skaters.

:eek: :love: Is it TRUE???? I missed this wonderful news, while I have been very emotional, sentimental and mourning for all of my sentimental favorites Qing/Jian, Dai and Nathalie/Fabian :cry:, (also feeling depressed on never-stopping criticism at various threads of GS Forum....)!!!!

He was amazing wasn't he. He gave us fans a beautifully skated hearfelt goodbye performance. Loved it.

The interview with Nobu was so sweet
And Sasha Cohen on twitter @SashaCohenNYC: Daisuke Takahashi is one of the most talented skaters in history. Didn't do the quad but will always be my favorite. In 4th place so far...

I think in this forum most people like Daisuke. He, at least, doesn't have many haters I think. I think skaters as well, think Daisuke is THE one. They all fanboy pretty hard when he is around. Look here a pic with the belgian skater, Jorik. http://instagram.com/p/kjWaqSvNHo/#

I'm also biased, but I don't understand how anyone cannot have Daisuke as his favourite skater. It just doesn't make sense to me, haha! Have you joined the Daisuke Fan Forum? You can get soooo much more infos there! There are many Daisuke Fans who even went to Sochi to support him, they translate articles and generally, you get a whole different picture of Daisuke when you're a member. You understand why he performed the way he did at certain comps, ect.

Daisuke's smile in the LP was the single best thing at this competition!

Thanks a lot, hunterbear and luckykid for the info on Gala invitation for Dai. Loved Sasha's twitter and Jorik's photo. Thank you so much, demarinis, chapis, MaiKatze, Becki for always being so nice and sweet. You all made my day! :yes:

And welcome to GS Forum and Dai fans thread, hunterbear, Scovies, tripletwizzle, pomodorot, and LadyCapulet! Post often post long! :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Aww, deedee! Thank you for always posting so many interesting infos here at GS. I always really enjoy your takes on Daisukes performances and it is great that you supported him through the years. I can't believe his career is coming to a close and I never saw him live. I hope there might be an ice show where he performs one day that I can go and see. Even if I have to fly to Japan for it!

LadyCapulet

Spectator
No, actually I'm not a member of Daisuke Fan Forum, but I've also been lurking there for quite a few years as well, teehee :biggrin: I live in japan so I'm lucky to be able to get quite a bit info and news on Dai chan. I really love the atmosphere at that forum though, and everyone is so respectful of each-other, and other skaters as well. I know I couldn't be that nice, being biased as I mentioned earlier, heh. I guess we have them to thank for making sochi feel like the home rink for him :D