Daisuke Takahashi | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Meoima

Match Penalty
It seems that the message posting is already closed. But there is another TV program coming on NHK and its site is now open for messages:

http://www.nhk.or.jp/tamashii/ouen/ouen_099.html

You press the メッセージを送る button in the middle to open the form. The first input box is for your message text and the first field below the box
is for your pseudonym. You do not need to fill in the other fields, I believe.

You can surely write in English. I believe Daisuke understands English quite well in the meanwhile. But if you want, I can translate your message.

I try to send my message in English several times but it says something like under 150 characters or something (I don't understand the website, it's all in Japanese). Would you please help me send him the message below:
----
Hi Mr Daisuke, I am writing to you in English because I don't know any Japanese. I want to say I am very grateful for what you have done to figure skating. It has always been a joy to watch you perform. Your passion for this sport will never be wasted. I hope your knee injury will get heal soon. Please have a rest and enjoy your time, you are still very young, you have lots of joys waiting for you ahead. I will always remember you as one of the best skaters I have ever seen. Thank you so much for every thing. Best Wishes!
----

Thank you.:)

pomodorot

Rinkside
I try to send my message in English several times but it says something like under 150 characters or something

You can send only 150 double byte characters = 300 single byte characters and your message is just too long. Try to keep it short -- although I know it's hard!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Can I send him some message in English through this site? But I don't know any Japanese...:cry: fellow members from Japan, please help me:slink:

Meoima, you can also try this one (Dia's blog at his college): http://w3.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/send.html

お名前 -> your name
メッセージ -> your message
メッセージを確認 -> confim your message (if you click 'メッセージを確認', then you probably will see something like '送信' (meaning 'send') next, so please just click it again.

Writing in English will be fine, I think. Hope this works for you! :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Meoima, you can also try this one (Dia's blog at his college): http://w3.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/send.html

お名前 -> your name
メッセージ -> your message
メッセージを確認 -> confim your message (if you click 'メッセージを確認', then you probably will see something like '送信' (meaning 'send') next, so please just click it again.

Writing in English will be fine, I think. Hope this works for you! :)

thank you so much, I have sent the message, I think it works this time. I am so happy. I hope Dai will be happy, too.

colourmeblue

Rinkside
"What are gems? They are not the gold or silver medals. All these hours and days one struggeld. All those hours and days s/he got up on its feet again and fought for it. All those around him/her; such as masters, seniors and friends who have supported him/her all along. All those whom one can count on when needed the most. And those one can fully trust and show who s/he is, even when s/he is suffering, struggling and looking miserable. Such things are the true gems, the fortune of one's life."

That is beautiful. Thanks for the translation, deedee!

deedee1

Record Breaker
You're very welcome, everyone. :) And very warm welcome to GS Forum, colourmeblue! Post often, post long! :yes:

Deedee, thanks so much for your translation. It's beautiful and reads as gracefully in English as I'm sure it does in Japanese. I've never been prouder of being a Daisuke fan as I am after watching him in this Olympics, in terms of both his fine skating and his character. I'm glad there's a way for well-wishers to communicate with him, because it will let him know how much he is admired and valued.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^Thanks deedee! Are you getting excited for Worlds. Unfortunately Dai won't be there but there
will be many other skaters to cheer for.

:clap:

Have fun!

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Okay, I admit that the Hanyu part was just my speculation, but it is true that Daisuke never lets other people carry his luggage.

At the moment I'm a bit nervous because of the harsh handling of Daisuke by the Japanese media -- and maybe the JSF --, which caused internet flames yesterday... Sorry.
Actually since they came in a ANA flight and Hanyu is sponsor by them (not sure if Daisuke is) and inmidiatly after that he was in a ANA event for his gold medal I suposse they kept his bags for him to reclain later.

He was pushing his own bags when he arrived to Sochi.

Meoima

Match Penalty
:yay:Japanese fellows, could you tell me any website that we can send Dai happy birthday message? Thank you in advance.

pomodorot

Rinkside
:yay:Japanese fellows, could you tell me any website that we can send Dai happy birthday message? Thank you in advance.

I would use his college site:

http://w3.kansai-u.ac.jp/sports/message/takahashi/send.html

お名前 = your name
メッセージ = message
the first radio button indicates that you allow publishing your message on the site
and the second indicates that you do not.

The NHK site is still open for messages -- probably until the coming weekend or so -- and in the meanwhile you see 3,617 messages there!

http://www.nhk.or.jp/tamashii/ouen/ouen_099.html

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
I have so enjoyed reading all of your many wonderful posts about Daisuke after the Olympics. I have been wanting to post, but I have not been looking at Goldenskate since the Olympics because my life is very busy right now and I could not read all of the posts and all of the arguments about the Olympics. And also because I did not know what words to say; there were so many thoughts in my head. I still haven't read anything other than this Daisuke thread, but reading all of your posts about him just makes me so happy. It is so great to see how much people love him, and so good to know that he has so many people all around the world who adore him and will support him always - who don't care if he doesn't always get the best results, but love him for who he is. This may be one of my last posts on Goldenskate for awhile, because as I said I have become very busy and unfortunately do not have free time to follow figure skating much anymore. Since Dai won't be competing anymore, figure skating won't have quite the same attraction for me anymore, anyway. (I may come back to this thread occasionally, though, to hear how Dai is doing and in such a positive place as this thread :) ) But I could not leave without making one more post about my beloved Daisuke.

While Daisuke, to my knowledge, hasn't yet said the official words "I'm retiring," I think that it is inevitable. I am assuming that Sochi was his last competition. And, really, he skated two beautiful programs, so it is a good note for him to end his career on.

I honestly put off writing this post as long as possible because I don't have the words to describe how much this magnificent skater has meant to me. I can't imagine figure skating without Dai. I've adored him since the first time I saw him skate in the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, which is when I became an avid figure skating fan. Dai has been my favorite since I started following figure skating, and I absolutely fell in love with him as I watched the 2010-2011 season. I just can't come up with enough words for all the emotions and memories I have for him. For how amazing his skate is.

He has taken his fans on a crazy journey. It amazes me how he can do things from the sexy “Cyberswan” to the tender “Amelie” to a passionate tango, and do them all perfectly. And I can't forget “Blues for Klook”, which is a top contender for my favorite program of his. He is so musical; it's like his body is an instrument out on the ice, expressing the music, not just skating to it. He is a natural dancer on the ice. He has this presence on the ice that no one can compare to, like charisma times 1000. It's magnetic. And every single time he skates, he gives the audience his whole heart and so much emotion and passion. Some skaters are good performers with their bodies but emotionally they are not in it – Daisuke always is. All of us here on this thread know it, but it's something that cannot be put into words. The feelings he gives when skating cannot be accurately described; you just have to watch and feel.

I also love how he is so commanding and sometimes seductive on the ice, but off the ice he can be such a dork :) It's adorable, and I love it. Or how when he skates, you get the impression that he likes to be the center of attention, but off ice is seems so humble and so kind. For instance, when he had the idea to have a skating show to raise money for the victims of the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. Or even how he was concerned that his scores taking a long time might affect Yuzuru in Sochi. What a great guy.

Watching this years Nationals made me cry – actual tears. When Dai came in fifth I was so afraid that would be the end and he would not be able to skate his last Olympic performance. I felt that his story wasn't complete and I was in tears thinking that he didn't make it. Thankfully, he made it and he made me so proud. I always thought I would be sad if Dai didn't get a medal at Sochi, but now that it happened, it's okay. I'm not sad like I thought I would be. Sure, I would've loved a medal for him, but watching him skate that inspired Beatles program, I realized something – the medal isn't what mattered. Yes, to most of the world the medals are what matters, but not for Daisuke, not this time. He has struggled so much this season, and he went out and skated the best he was capable of. He has been through a lot in his career, and his final Olympic skate was a wonderful piece of art to enjoy. He got to enjoy skating it, and we got to enjoy watching it. I think that is what mattered. So what if he didn't medal? He made his country, his fans, and hopefully himself very proud. I feel blessed just to be able to watch him. He grabs my heart like no one else can.

Do you remember in an interview, it is probably on this thread somewhere, back in January 2012 with Daisuke and Akiko? He said something that came to my mind recently: “I don't know what I should do after I retire from competition, I don't know if I can cope with it. I don't know if I can cope with myself going downhill. And I don't know if I can keep the same passion for skating after retirement. Because it takes a lot of will power, a lot of this (*taps heart*) to skate, much more than you all imagine.” It was such an honest statement by him, and it makes me wonder what he will do now, if he doesn't want to skate in shows. I just hope he keeps dreaming and setting goals and continues to do great things after his skating career. He's a champion, through and through.

Daisuke,

Stay strong. Your loyal fans from all over the world will always love and support you, and we believe you will do great things with the rest of your life. Your skating through the years showed me something beautiful, and you made me fall in love with figure skating. Whenever I was feeling down, I would watch you skate and it made me happy to see something so extraordinary. There will never be another like you. You laid your heart out there every time and showed us more passion and soul than any other skater. Daisuke, I have no words. All I can say is thank you.
Thank you for cheering me up on the bad days.
Thank you for bringing the sexy to figure skating.
Thank you for never quitting when things got tough, and for enduring for so many years.
Thank you for every performance full of heart and soul.
Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with me and the rest of the world.
You will never cease to be my favorite and the best in my heart and mind. You are a true champion. You will never lose my support or my adoration. Forever and always, Daisuke <3

With love,
Lindsey

pomodorot

Rinkside
That's exactly what I think and how I feel, Lindsey!
Many thanks for your beautiful message and I hope you will be looking in here once in a while in the future also.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great post Lindsey and beautiful words, thank you for sharing your thoughts about Dai-chan. I think he is one of
the most beloved skaters and it was a privilege for me to be his fan these past 10 years. I will miss him.