Daisuke Takahashi | Page 86 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Meoima

Match Penalty
Haha, I remember Kenji used to tease him because he was very starstruck and excited over Aya Ueto back when he filmed this and he couldn't stop saying how cute she was :laugh:
Unlike the confident person we see on the ice, he easily gets flustered around women he likes. :biggrin:
:unsure: Aya Ueto is pretty but for some reason I find her pretty flat. I mean her expressions are pretty much limited and I can't appreciate that. But anyways, she's an idol.
Just :cry: because Dai likes her (since I don't like her). :bang:

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ I get what you're saying, I've seen her act myself and she's not that good. But her acting abilities were probably the last thing on Dai's mind when he met her.

I've read Yuzuru likes her too. He named her when asked about the type of girls he likes. Must be a tough job to be Aya Ueto and have Yuzuru and Daisuke swoon over you :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I: Mr. Candeloro is in this show too.
T: he sure is a real entertainer and full of men’s sexual attraction. Sexy is more fitting word than beautiful for him. I wish I could be like that. Like guys such as him and Johnny Depp or George Clooney, you know, I’d like to be called “a cool guy” like them and I’m trying my best for that. (LOL) I would be able to fascinate with or without jumps and look sexy. I want people to think of me as “kicking” and “have style”. That’s how I want to be.
I'm just going to put this out there: I find Dai far more attractive than Candeloro. Never understood what was so sexy about Candeloro. I mean, the fencing's neat, and it's cool he's French, but he's way too gruff and unrefined for me. Dai needs no shirtless exhibitions to beat Candeloro. ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm just going to put this out there: I find Dai far more attractive than Candeloro. Never understood what was so sexy about Candeloro. I mean, the fencing's neat, and it's cool he's French, but he's way too gruff and unrefined for me. Dai needs no shirtless exhibitions to beat Candeloro. ;)

He had a very nice body in his prime, but the hair always gave him kind of a Harlequin romance cover model vibe, which might work for some but it's definitely not my cup of tea. I don't know exactly why I was ok with Plushy's mullet and Dai's hundreds of ever-evolving hairstyles, but not Philippe's long locks.

This is one of my favorites of Dai's looks...I don't suppose he'll ever bring this back?

BusyMom

Medalist
And famous actor Takeshi Kaneshiro already reminds me of Dai. :biggrin:
:agree: I worked with Kaneshiro once almost twenty years ago. Remember his beer commercial with the elephant??? very charming indeed.

Never thought about it before but yeah the similarities are there. :love:

ioanna

Record Breaker
This is one of my favorites of Dai's looks...I don't suppose he'll ever bring this back?
I think he has a similar style right now with the sides of his head shaved, he just needs to let his hair grow longer. I miss seeing him with longer hair.

:agree: I worked with Kaneshiro once almost twenty years ago. Remember his beer commercial with the elephant??? very charming indeed.
Wow! He's a very stylish gentleman and a fine actor, I can definitely see why Dai likes him so much. And I can see bits of Takeshi in Dai :biggrin: Was it a Lipton commercial the one with the elephant?

I was searching for the commercial and found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp5GoHXgeds

Oh boy :laugh:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
He had a very nice body in his prime, but the hair always gave him kind of a Harlequin romance cover model vibe, which might work for some but it's definitely not my cup of tea. I don't know exactly why I was ok with Plushy's mullet and Dai's hundreds of ever-evolving hairstyles, but not Philippe's long locks.

I'm 100% okay with guys with long hair, but Candeloro's was too wild and messy to me. Like he rolled out of bed and decided to get on the ice. I mean, I guess some girls like that type of guy... and if I were a guy I would be that type of guy (kinda am already minus the "guy" part)... but it's not something I personally find attractive. Whereas with Dai's hundreds of ever-evolving hairstyles, at least you get the sense that each one is taken with care.

:love: that picture. Nothing is over the top, but you can see everything from the hair to the boots was chosen carefully.

^ In Dai's mind, even Shoma Uno is probably more attractive than him.
:laugh: Oh Dai...

BusyMom

Medalist
Wow! He's a very stylish gentleman and a fine actor, I can definitely see why Dai likes him so much. And I can see bits of Takeshi in Dai :biggrin: Was it a Lipton commercial the one with the elephant?

I was searching for the commercial and found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp5GoHXgeds

Oh boy :laugh:

It was in 1997. Not sure which one but I think it was Asahi. I worked for his music label back then.

You sure know how to turn up the heat. :clap: :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
You sure know how to turn up the heat.
I wonder if Dai himself found that fanvideo and decided to use Kissing You for his program :laugh:

This is a part 2 of the AminoVital talk session, reported by @b_c_h_e_r_r_y and translated by @noroton3

Part 2 of the report from the Talk Show in Sagamihara on June 15, 2014.

For the original report in Japanese by blue-C, please click here.
I thank you, C-san, for your permission to translate it.

D: I usually practice in a cold environment, so it’s exhausting to train outside in the summer!
(To the kids) You must be more used to it since you always train in the hot weather...

K: And what do you take when training is so tough...?

D: ………?? ………!!! This! Of course (pointing to aminoVITAL)!!

LOL

K: Thank you very much!

D: I’m sorry!! I completely forgot!!

(After K explains how aminoVITAL works inside the body)

D: AminoVITAL is also good for your skin. I have sensitive skin, so this is good for me. When I look good, I feel more motivated. LOL

It would make a great gift for your father, husband or even your relatives? It’s better than giving chocolate.

K: Well said! Give aminoVITAL, not chocolate, on Valentine’s Day! Give aminoVITAL to someone you love so he feels better and stronger. Now that’s our sales manager! LOL

(After the drawing of 5 people who will later have a conversation with Daisuke, they take questions from the audience.)

Q1: Have you done anything fun during this off season?

D: I have fun every single day during off seasons, but it’s especially fun right now. I do just normal stuff, like traveling, going out to eat, things like that.

Q2: Who are your favorite foreign skaters?

D: (Instantly answering) Meryl Davis!

Also Stephane Lambiel, Mao Asada and Akko Suzuki (they are not foreign skaters^^), Fabian Bourzat, Olivier Schoenfelder… I like a lot of ice dancers.

Q3: What is your most favorite program that you have ever skated?

D: (Closing his eyes to think) Gee…. That’s difficult to answer…I like them all…

The one that fits me best would be Bjork’s Bachelorette. That’s probably the most typical of myself. But really, it’s impossible to pick just one!

Q4: Do you change the way you skate depending on the music you skate to?

D: I suppose I do. Each music has its own rhythms…. And the meters…sometimes it’s 3/4, and sometimes 4/4, and then there are slow 4/4 and fast 4/4.

Sometimes I get inspired by an image or a certain mood of the music, but often times it’s vague. I can’t really pinpoint what I’m doing exactly. I just follow my own instincts.

Q5: I have a daughter who plays trampoline. She gets very nervous before competitions. Any advice on how to change that anxiety into power?

D: You can turn anxiety into something more positive. Anxiety is actually necessary for good concentration. The way you do it is by having good practice beforehand, and have confidence in yourself. And realize that your experience will be the power for your next competition. Things will be easier the next time.
...As I was talking about this now, I’ve decided to try this tactic myself. LOL

K: That’s good!
D: Yeah, it’s good! It’s worth talking here! LOL

Closing words from Daisuke:

(To the kids)
D: I’m sure you think about your future sometimes. When you keep walking toward your goal, you may not find your answer immediately, but you are actually gaining something for yourself. Maybe you don’t understand what I’m talking about right now, but that’s OK. Just enjoy what you are doing.

You need to love what you're doing in order to continue. When you keep doing it for a long time, which I hope you all do, it will be a positive experience for you. So take aminoVITAL and build a healthy body. Good luck to all of you.

(To the audience)
D: I think a bright future starts with a healthy mind and healthy body. We have to show it to our children: we need to be healthy and be full of energy ourselves so we can build a better world, not just skating but the entire society. I wish to be healthy and positive myself, and I hope you all join me!

(A big applause. The photo session follows.)

------------translated by noroton

Original source

1. Bachelorette is my favorite exhibition number of his and also thought it fit him best. He should skate to it again.
2. Meryl, what are you waiting for

glenncoco

Rinkside
Dai's fanboying over Meryl is one of the things I enjoy about him. Where is that interview when he got flustered and said it would be "too much pressure" to be her partner (romantically)? I too became a Meryl Davis fan after her stint on DWTS. She should totally forget Maks and choreograph a routine with Dai.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Dai's fanboying over Meryl is one of the things I enjoy about him. Where is that interview when he got flustered and said it would be "too much pressure" to be her partner (romantically)? I too became a Meryl Davis fan after her stint on DWTS. She should totally forget Maks and choreograph a routine with Dai.
Here it is. Dai and Mao had to write down their wishes and he said he wants to be a handsome 180 cm tall man and be Meryl Davis' partner. He even drew a flower next to her name :laugh:
http://youtu.be/qZtZ_8R9sc0?t=5m26s

ioanna

Record Breaker
Love this fan-made video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tTn8xQOClQ

Lots and lots of Dai's photos.
And the music the uploader used is only confirming my feeling that no matter how many years pass Dai will always have a child's soul. :biggrin:

As far as fan made videos go, I love LightHair7's videos on YouTube. This one is one of my favorites and I think it greatly expresses Dai's struggles and hard work to become a world champion as he wished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYjJzIkQYE

And these are especially made for the ladies :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1FwZRPUbk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txgB57FNk-U