Ashley Wagner Thread | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner Thread

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Ashley should get rid of the boot covers. Look what it did for Alissa!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Ashley looked really strong and powerful at 4CC. She should do some damage at Worlds next month.

christinaskater

Medalist
I hope she would win or medal!
She should just keep on practicing and being consistent.
I agree with her that she has been taking note of the number of clean run throughs of her programs.
She said that being consistent during practices has given her the confidence to deliver and raise it to the next level.
She could win if she does the triple-double-double and double axel triple combination or triple triple and double axel triple toe combination and skate flawlessly.
I hope Akiko and Ashley would bring their A game for worlds!

christinaskater

Medalist
I am really happy because she has always been brilliant but Mr. Nicks has really helped her to reach her full potential.
I am excited for her. Her time is now!
I love it because she finally has the credibility as US Champion and the international judges responded to her title and consistency by giving her the highest scores for the year.
So worlds will be really exciting with Ashley, Akiko, Carolina, Mao and Alissa!

Nadine

Record Breaker
:rock::love:GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ASHLEY, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!:love::party2:

Seriously, imho you've got the best two programs in the world, and the attitude of a champion. :thumbsup: Can't wait till Worlds! :)^D

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Congratulations Ashley---you make it look easy and you are looking so beautiful this year, love the programs, the attack, everything this year. Love your sp and the adorable red costume. Total Package!

Chris_E

On the Ice
Thanks for starting the thread, I feel Ashley needs more love from us fans :)

I've been a fan of hers since 2009 when she made the grand prix final. I was hoping she would make the Olympic team and to see her miss out because of an uncharacteristic fall was definitely sad. I felt for her but if that had not happened I don't think we would be seeing the skater we see today. Mr. Nicks has done a wonderful job so far and hopefully he can continue to work his magic. Ashley has improved pretty much every aspect of her skating. She has much more flow, confidence and command than ever. While I feel like she always knew she had it in her to win, I don't know if she ever truly believed it or felt prepared for the big competitions. I admire her competitive fire and now with some big wins under her belt hopefully she can challenge for a medal at worlds. She certainly has the momentum. I also really like how she speaks her mind, some may find it cocky but I just think she showing her competitive side. I found her reaction to her scores at 4CC charming and delightful. She has two of the best programs this season and to see that rewarded is great. I know that while I will be nervous for her at Worlds, I feel that she will do it, Mr. Nicks has paced her well and a medal is well within her grasp. She has the hunger for it and I feel that is what makes a strong competitor but the difference now is she has the training to back it up! Go Ashley!

Chris_E

On the Ice
This thread is for all the fans of
the 2012 Four Continents Champion and US Champion Ashley Wagner!

Here is her 4CC Free skate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTfuSEHn4cc

I also loved her Nationals free skate: You can see John Nicks getting teary-eyed! I love John Nicks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_Fgh4Qwb4

Thank you so much for posting this version of her nationals long. The quality is great, no commentary and you get to hear everything they say to each other as they wait the scores, AWESOME!

Trewyn

Medalist
I became a fan watching her in 2007, especially her TEB LP (such a cutie pie! with the huge ponytail :D) and watched her evolve and struggle and become more and more determined. She really loves skating, otherwise she would have never had that fire that took her past the disappointment of 2010 Nationals. I think right now, she's the kind of skater who will never allow herself to think 'I'm not good enough' and I really admire her for it :)

Here's a video I came across recently, her LP runthrough at 4CC: love the 2A-3T! I hope it'll be that solid at worlds! I believe in her :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhQUUI7xnLU

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Saw her live at 2008 Cup of China (finished 4th behind Yuna, Miki, and just a tad shy of Laura Lepisto). I thought she had a lot of promise and would hit the top of the US podium a bit more quickly. But maybe her teetering just on the brink but never able to bring it all home the next 3 years has forged a stronger skater and better competitior. Of all the current top US ladies, I think she is likely to prove the most consistent over the next couple of years, judging by her attitude. :thumbsup:

Chris_E

On the Ice
I became a fan watching her in 2007, especially her TEB LP (such a cutie pie! with the huge ponytail :D) and watched her evolve and struggle and become more and more determined. She really loves skating, otherwise she would have never had that fire that took her past the disappointment of 2010 Nationals. I think right now, she's the kind of skater who will never allow herself to think 'I'm not good enough' and I really admire her for it :)

Here's a video I came across recently, her LP runthrough at 4CC: love the 2A-3T! I hope it'll be that solid at worlds! I believe in her :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhQUUI7xnLU

Thanks for sharing the runthrough clip, great to see a difference perspective of the layout of the program. I really wish I had gone to this event.