I thought this event had disappeared.

This is the event page
http://www.schaatsen.nl/

This year according to twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/SylviaUnseen

the entry list is here

USA is sending Abott and Alissa
France is sending Joubert, Amodio and Lena
Andrian Schultheiss is on the list too , Victoria Helgerson and Liebers.
and I m huge surprised about Carolina Kostner participating after so many competitions this year.

Sigh, I could have gone if I was still in Belgium :(

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm at a loss as to why Abbott & Czisny are being sent?
Both are, after all, headed to Worlds. Are they going to stay in Europe all March and train there???

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I didnt find a thread about it so :)
but I got suprised cause
I thought this event had disappeared.

This is the event page
http://www.schaatsen.nl/

Sigh, I could have gone if I was still in Belgium :(
I would be very surprised if everyone currently on the entries list will actually compete. So maybe you'll miss out on less than you think?

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ probably but why did they even sign for the event, if they dont intend to compete first place, it is 3 weeks before Worlds.

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow, I just saw the entry list!!! Jason and Alissa must have been really serious about wanting 4CC, to take another, relatively random, competition before Worlds instead! But I think that's really crazy timing! Just two weeks before Worlds!
And Carolina is possibly an even bigger surprise; she's done 3 GPs + the final + Euros, has Worlds coming up and now another one? Her team must really have 'competing as often as possible' on top of their strategy list.

Now I feel like I should go since I'm so close... but I'm already going to Nice!

EDIT: another remarkable discovery on the entry list: Adrian Schultheiss.. wasn't he still too injured at the time of Euros?

Last edited:

glam

On the Ice
EDIT: another remarkable discovery on the entry list: Adrian Schultheiss.. wasn't he still too injured at the time of Euros?

Yes, it will be interesting to see if he can compete already! He was also listed on Nordic Championships last weekend but didn't want to participate because he was only able to jump doubles then. Maybe the Swedish federation will decide based on this competition which one they'll send to Worlds, Schultheiss or Majorov?

Trewyn

Medalist
If Schultheiss is still struggling hard on jumps he might still withdraw :(

Does anyone know the schedule? This competition is just too close to resist :p I was going to be in The Hague for other reasons anyway, until the 8th, so maybe I can extend my stay for one or two days and watch the skating.

seniorita

Record Breaker
voila Plushy could have gone there to have his minimun score, damn you Euros :)

Isn't it the schedule in the site I posted? It is Dutch, I didn't read :p and yes go go, if the arena is the same as junior worlds it is just outside the city by tram and has an escalade colorful wall in a room next by, the arena is small if you are used to Teb and worlds but it is cozy!and I bet tickets will be rather cheap I had paid sth like 10 euros back then!

Last edited:

Trewyn

Medalist
All events is 12,50 euros :) It's Dutch but I still haven't managed to find the schedule...

emma

Record Breaker
wow, I don't get this...I hope they are planning to stay in Europe, somehow then, it would make more sense (I think...although I don't understand why they would interrupt training like this, and would love to understand).

lcd

Match Penalty
I have to admit I am still quite baffled by the selection of Jeremy and Alissa for this event. Seems it would be a much more appropriate opportunity - kind of Senior "B" like - to send skaters who performed well in a senior debut season, perhaps lack ISU points sufficient to be considered for Grand Prixs, as a more immediate and tangible reward for performing well at nationals. A lot can happen between January when nationals takes place, and the major summer competitions like Liberty, where many of the Senior B assignments are made. I suppose a tad creative move by the International Committee, but still seems a lost opportunity to reward other skaters who could use some international experience. JMHO.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Schultheiss and Majorov [injury] along with Ionian [injury] are out.

per FSU, here is a youtube account that will post the following videos:

The SP and FP of the Senior Ladies and Men will be filmed.
The FP of the Junior Ladies, Men and Pairs will be filmed.
The FP of the Novice Ladies and Men will be filmed.
The FP of the Debs Ladies and Men will be filmed.

http://www.youtube.com/user/challengecup2012/

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for the youtube info....is there any updated rosters or schedules (I couldn't seem to find them). Anybody have updates specifically on Jeremy and Alissa? thanks.

macy

Record Breaker
Alissa is headed to Belgium today, she updated on her facebook page.

emma

Record Breaker
I feel so surprised about this for Alissa (and Jeremy if he goes)...thanks for the updated roster!