International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

International Challenge Cup - The Hague, Mar 8-11

jiggs

On the Ice
Carolina did 3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3F+2T, 3S+2T, 3S. All jumps have + GOE. Now take this all you haters! The only jump missing is the lz, but she did two flips and a 2a3t.

skateflower

Match Penalty
Carolina did 3Lo, 3F, 2A+3T, 3F+2T, 3S+2T, 3S. All jumps have + GOE. Now take this all you haters! The only jump missing is the lz, but she did two flips and a 2a3t.

I don't hate her. I'm glad for her win with improved technical content.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Does anybody know whom are the USA alternates listed for Worlds? Specifically mens & ladies? I can't fiind it...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

That's great! Suppose everything works as she has planned for doing well at worlds :thumbsup:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
ps: and if Evan Lysacek had come back this year I would have replaced Jeremy Abbott at Worlds with him, Evan, citing injury. But since he did *not* come back, the Mens field is really shot. :cry: Unlike Ladies, whom have Gracie Gold to take Alissa's place.

Here's hoping the USFSA does what the Russian Federation is currently doing, monitoring & tracking & testing the best ONE to go to Worlds, as far as their Ladies go...

Eh. Once Dornbush gets his mojo back he can do well. If Ross gets a quad and keeps up the consistency he's built, he can do well too. Josh Farris shows promise, if he can keep doing what he's doing and add the quad, he could be the next star. Ditto for Jason Brown and the 3a. Phillip Warren shows a lot of promise if he can get a 3a. Max Aaron is a very strong jumper and if he'd ditch Tom Z he could get better artistically. And Nathan Chen, well he's still too young until after Sochi but he's a child prodigy. Idk. I think the men will be fine, I think we're just in a bit of a transition period.

macy

Record Breaker
oh poor alissa...just looked at the protocols. that's the worst she's skated in a really long time. i have a feeling there's still doubts from that injury...i don't know. :confused2: i have a feeling she's going to retire this year...i feel so bad for her. i love her skating...i hope she can pull it together for worlds.

Nadine

Record Breaker
If, if, if, if doesn't get the job done. :mad: IF doesn't earn earn medals. Evan does. There's no *if* with him. I'd take Evan any day over the current crop of USA mens field, which I've always stated, and that's why I want him back. Dang. IF he could have only come back this year, lol, another IF. :laugh:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Obviously, it is not all about the jumps. That is undeniable. But it is frustrating when I see a skater that tries to take a risk and do more difficult jumps. Yes, that skater may fail but at least he/she tried. However, Kostner has been skating for a very long time. Has a tremendous amount of experience so shouldn't she step it up a little? I see skaters all the time working on new jumps or elements. Women attempting lutzes, 3 axels, even quads. Kostner does not progress with jumps though. Does she have high pcs? Yes. Now go and do two flips in a program or two loops. Don't just do 3t-2t combos.

She just did six triples, two flips and two salchows

Tanja90

On the Ice
Wow! Look at kostner's PDF! She's got only a negative GOE and the axel and low level on last two spins! so there's room for improvement! I'm happy she's doing two flips! And she gets 70 in components! It's about time! I know she won't get them at worlds even with a clean skate but she really should!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I haven't seen the programs, but looking at the protocols I'm a bit shocked that a judge gave Alissa an 8 for Performance/Execution in a program with that many falls/pops.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Kostner doing two flips in the LP is a good thing. Her SP jump content was sub-junior. 3T-2T, 3Loop, as the main triples is beneath a world champion frontrunner! It is good to see two flips. Reaching for a flip as your hardest jump is pre-90's and very 80's. "Will she go for the flip?" is not something good. I would like to see a lutz. But if there are two flips that's a little better. I am not going to be over the moon about her SP ever. Even if she was successful with a 3T-3T it's silll unsettling. Kim Yu-Na had lutz and flip and Mao can do a 3A. There are skaters who don't do all triples and that's fine. I am not an all triple person. My opinon is that 3lz-3T or 3A to replace something you don't have is going far enough in one direction that you can leave out other jumps. Kostner with her 2 triple flips is showing prgress and some desire to do jumps but it's not like an impressive 3-3 or a 3A or doing flip and lutz.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What's up with Alissa? :confused: She didn't have a single successful triple jump. This is far from the calibre of a GPFinalist, let alone the champion. She and Kostner were the only elite Ladies in this event and she came in 5th behind the no names and had TES not much more than half of Carolina's. I can't believe it was all an issue of nerves. It was not even a major event and there was hardly a live audience.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They'll go with Ashley & Alissa, unless Alissa says she's too injured.

AFAIR, then, the first alternate at Worlds is Agnes Zawadzki, and she would go instead of Alissa.

Since Gracie is not an alternate to Worlds, she wouldn't be able to go. The other alternates are Caroline Zhang & Mirai Nagasu.