NBC's SMASH | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NBC's SMASH

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
SCORE! Even with everything I hate about the show, I love me some Jack Davenport (haven't read the link so hopefully he isn't done with the show)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Wonderful! I hope this show gets moved to 9:00 pm timeslot on a thursday. I hope it becomes a real smash, and even though every show on V promotes loose morals, at least we know there are theatre lovers everywhere. Glee made this possible. I'd love to see a musical variety/comedy show like "Carol Burnett" return. Anyone remember her duets with Julie Andrews and even better, Bernadette? I was floored by how good Bernadette's voice is! So heartening after sad Whitney. Peters is in her 60's with much mileage on her voice. I could hear no flaws, it was spectacular! I am hoping they get Patti Lupone (if there's the money) to have a recurring role like Bernadette's mom role would be.

I wonder when Karen will get her big brak as understudy? You know its coming!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like having it on Monday night, I don't have anything on Monday to watch except that. If it went to Thursday (which it wont, that's NBC's comedy night) then I wouldn't get to watch it because I get my Simon Baker fix on the Mentalist that night...

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I watched last two episodes falling asleep late night. I forget to watvch on Mondays. I think it's kinda going downhill. I guess I can expect a great new song everyweek. Anyone still watching? I guess they are looking for a star to replace Ivy?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Going downhill? No I think it's finally on the upswing. I was getting tired of the soap opera.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I had a dream that I was bowling with a lot of the Smash cast the other night... only instead of Ivy, I was in that "role" in a way... really awkward... but Jack Davenport is still dreamy lol

Sounds like fun, Toni.

Tonight, Uma Thurman is on, apparently. She always reminds me of Marina Klimova. They have the same feline look, somehow. I'll be watching the dancing, so you'll have to report on how things go.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree, Ang! Very dull indeed... and I'm so bummed with how the Dev-Karen thing is going...

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't have a problem with the Dev-Karen relationship path. The dynamic of the relationship changed with her getting a foot in the door career-wise while his is taking a turning point downwards. It's pretty obvious that they aren't communicating well, etc.

I'm not enjoying the director-Karen scenes where he sees her as Marilyn. I enjoy him with Ivy and just find his relationship with Karen to be creepy, especially in fantasy mode.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think even he finds the Marilyn fantasies creepy... I liked the earlier chemestry KAtherine and Jack had, but I didn't want anything to come with it.... still don't. I saw the Dev-Karen thing coming, but I don't like it lol

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'd like it moe if 1. I wasn't sick as a dog, and 2. Dev wasn't being such a jerk

really hated the Ivy-Ellis alliance this week too

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Loved the Bollywood dance sequence Monday night. 42

Me too. :love: with all the characters in the extra scenes. I LOL with the first scene where Ellis stole the jewelry. I wonder if he would become the big shot Broadway producer by the end of the series.

I disliked the last show with 3 relationships breaking down. :sarcasm:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Agreed, Ellis is such a snake. He needs to be taken down. 42

It really ticks me off that I fell for his character week 1... hated him once he started showing his true colors.

Ivy better watch herself, though, Ellis is going to screw her over, too, no doubt.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Only one more show. I love it as there is no broadway musical thing like it. Some relationships are cliche but maybe it is really llike this. Well, someone put peanuts in Rebecca's smoothie, and she knows she sux so she's leaving. Who will be Marilyn? Ivy sleeps with Dev when drunk, and he's hurt after Karen says no to proposal. Karen is the understudy but Ivy the Pro who looks like Marilyn. I see McPhee getting more time-I think her show biz much older hubby helped her get this gig. Megan Hilty seems much more like Marilyn.

Well, if she "poisoned" Rbecca for sleeping with her boyfreind Derek, I hope she tells Karen Dev screwed her. We need a villain and Karen has all the luck while Ivy does not, so maybe ivy pulled the Tonya on Rebecca who we all knew was a short gig for Uma.

Well, I will be depressed on Monday without this show. I wish I could get to NYC for some great theatre. Don't even know what is on Broadway. I guess I'd go see Wicked. Any New Yorkers here?

What is happening on or off Broadway that's good?