Well-Balanced Choreography | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Well-Balanced Choreography

Welcome, dcnative.

To post a link just copy the url from the address bar of the site and paste it into the Golden Skate dialogue box as is. The vbulletinboard software does the rest automatically. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Well, I just Googled it. 102,000 references to Denise Biellmann and only 22,500 for Denise Beilmann, so two L's it is! :)

Moreover, the spelling on what appears to be her official website is Biellmann. :yes:

mskater93

Record Breaker
^ Food for thought.

I think there has to be some kind of adjustment made to reflect the level of the competition. You cannot tell a child, "The quality of your steps, turns, and positions wasn't as good as Patrick Chan's, so you get a negative GOE."

I suspect that while the criteria called out remains the same the expectation from the judges to fullfill the criteria is different.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oooh, yes, yes, yes about Maria. I know she was overshadowed by Irina, Michelle, Sasho, Sarah and Tara but she had some wonderful performances/programs. She skated from within - she was mature and she seemed to skate who she was if that makes sense. As artisitc and wonderful as the others were they put on performances; Maria was Maria and her presence, edging or whatever was magical.