Junior Men-Long Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Junior Men-Long Program

fscric

On the Ice
Congratulations to the medalists!

I've only seen Joshua Farris's FS posted on youtube, is anybody able to find Yan Han and Jason Brown's?

Mao88

Record Breaker
Videos - Men's Free Skate (Updated - using TV versions where available)

1. Han YAN - Long Program (CHN) (FS = 1st) and Short Program

2. Joshua FARRIS - Long Program (USA) (FS = 2nd) and Short Program

3. Jason BROWN - Long Program (USA) (FS = 3rd) and Short Program

4. Denis TEN - Long Program (KAZ) (FS = 4th) and Short Program

5. Zhan BUSH - Long Program (RUS) (FS = 6th) and Short Program

8. Liam FIRUS - Long Program (CAN) (FS = 8th) and Short Program

9. Ryuju HINO - Long Program (JPN) (FS = 9th) and Short Program

13. Nam NGUYEN - Long Program (CAN) (FS = 11th) and Short Program

14. Artur DMITRIEV - Long Program (RUS) (FS = 15th) and Short Program

Last edited:

sweetskates1

Medalist
After watching the programs, all I can say is that both Jason and Joshua are wonderful! I hope to applaud their triumphs in the future.

lavender

Record Breaker
I absolutely adore Jason 3 axel or not. I love, love his music and his program. I'm also proud of Rohene Ward. He didn't make a big splash as a skater but I think he's a wonderful choreographer.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Quality at this junior worlds, in all disciplines really, was really high. So many great talents coming up across all the disciplines and I can't wait to see them all develop in the future!

Art&Sport

Medalist
I absolutely adore Jason 3 axel or not. I love, love his music and his program. I'm also proud of Rohene Ward. He didn't make a big splash as a skater but I think he's a wonderful choreographer.

ITA lavender -- great choice of music and wonderful choreography. The music and choreo enhance Jason's exceptional qualities, and I can see a lot of Rohene's movement influences. I have to say that Rohene is a great skater who was never able to break through in eligible competition for a variety of reasons (some I think economic and training-related, plus he had a tendency to breakdown in competition perhaps due to a combination of nerves and lack of sufficient training time and endurance). I'm glad Rohene is now skating professionally (I believe aboard cruise ships or in shows in Europe), and that he has found another great outlet to express his creativity and uniqueness within the skating world through his choreography.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXrWuk_gGuw&feature=related In this 2007 clip you can see Rohene's brilliance and his weaknesses from lack of endurance (likely due to a lack of sufficient funds for training time)

More recent Rohene clips below re professional audition tapes -- amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA27GFWr-3k&feature=related many choreographic moves seen in Jason's programs are evident here and so natural apparently to both Rohene's and Jason's movement styles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1-havgrIk&feature=related fantastic spin positions -- esp. superb laybacks; all the jumps -- he jumps in both directions and Rohene has a gorgeous 3-axel

***BTW, can anyone who understands and/or speaks French, translate what the commentators were saying about Jason and his fp performance? Sounds like they really liked him. :)

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
I just looked at Han's fp at Jr. Worlds for the first time. This young man has some exceptional SS and fantastic elements. It is scary to think how good he can be with better choreography and development of musical interpretation and presentation. There were a number of awkward moments and slight bobbles in Yan's skate, but many superb moments as well with an excellent display of his raw talent. Will be interesting to see how he develops long term. I am kind of lukewarm when the skating world tends to favor only the jumps and SS all the time over skaters with the jumps and well-rounded artistry. I am definitely not saying that is the case in Juniors because I think the medalists all deserved their placements at Jr. Worlds and at JGPF.

In the sp, I think Jason might have deserved to be higher, but I can see why they put him in 4th (lack of 3-axel) b/c Denis had the 3-axel and he skated clean and beautifully, altho' Denis is not as consistent as Jason. I am actually more mesmerized by Jason's skating overall than anyone else's in the junior ranks, but I do enjoy watching Joshua (look forward to his continued development too), Han Yan, and Denis as well.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I find that watching Jason skating to Flow Like Water while he truly flows like water to be quite a treat!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Quality at this junior worlds, in all disciplines really, was really high. So many great talents coming up across all the disciplines and I can't wait to see them all develop in the future!

I agree!

The bar is CRAZILY HIGH not only to win, but even get on the podium, compared to the last year's Jr. Worlds.
I hope all these promising boys to stay healthy and develop into their full potentials for many years to come.

And, my personal hearty congratulations to Shoma!
You did pretty well (top 10 yay!)on your first appearance at Junior Worlds.

But, please correct your jump technique ASAP.
Mule kick on toe jumps will certainly hurt your body as you grow and gain weight. Maybe Mr Nagakubo can be of your big help with jump technique, I guess? He is the one who brought up both Takeshi Honda and Shizuka Arakawa to great jumpers when they were very young.

leela03

Spectator
Big shout out to our Canadian team!!! Dancers Orford and Williams, men Liam Firus, pairs Marinaro and Purdy , and ladies Katelyn Osmond!!!!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the videos. My goodness I can't remember when I have seen so much talent at Jr. Worlds.

bibi24

Final Flight
Why does Denis Ten compete in Olympics 2 years ago and still in Junior Worlds today?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Why does Denis Ten compete in Olympics 2 years ago and still in Junior Worlds today?

According to his bio, Denis was born June 13th 1993, and is 18 years old.

While he was old enough to compete at the Olympics in 2010 (already 16yo), he is still age eligible to compete at Junior circuit due to ISU's age rule.

shine

Record Breaker
According to his bio, Denis was born June 13th 1993, and is 18 years old.

While he was old enough to compete at the Olympics in 2010 (already 16yo), he is still age eligible to compete at Junior circuit due to ISU's age rule.
OH! Then me and Denis share the same birth date! Another reason to root for him :D

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Denis wanted to win the first ever ISU medal for Kazakhstan. It was not to be. Next year he is ineligible.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I like Joshua Ferris the best in the top three. Good for Han Yan to win the first ever ISU men's gold for China! Agree that Jason has a mature style and very smooth on ice with precise movements. He must be thinking that he looks good in that hair-do:eek: since he cares so much for the details in his skating and his costumes.