Junior Men-Long Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Junior Men-Long Program

conga

On the Ice
Quality at this junior worlds, in all disciplines really, was really high. So many great talents coming up across all the disciplines and I can't wait to see them all develop in the future!

I agree. I find myself having many favorites! It's great, but then also difficult, because I am happy for the skaters I like when they reach the podium but then disappointed for the others. I, too, wish there were more opportunities for all to shine!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Agree that Jason has a mature style and very smooth on ice with precise movements. He must be thinking that he looks good in that hair-do:eek: since he cares so much for the details in his skating and his costumes.
There was a whole discussion of whether Jason should cut his hair or not earlier this season. He's had a pony tail for a LONG time and has been debating what to do with it (cut it off or leave it). At least he doesn't end up with "whispies" at the end of his skates like Caroline Zhang does.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
There was a whole discussion of whether Jason should cut his hair or not earlier this season. He's had a pony tail for a LONG time and has been debating what to do with it (cut it off or leave it).

I remember that thread. Of course, whether to cut it or not is entirely Jason's choice. But to me, his hair looks the worst ever in men's skating, much worse than Kevin Reynolds' Peter Pan hair-do.

Last edited:
There seems to be a strong Canadian reaction against Brown. Even his hair is horrible. Hmm... wonder why that could be.

Worse than Kevin Reynolds? LOL.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
There seems to be a strong Canadian reaction against Brown. Even his hair is horrible. Hmm... wonder why that could be.

Worse than Kevin Reynolds? LOL.

It's so funny that you made it look like it's a nationalism claim. There is nothing to do with nationalities. Last time I checked, Joshua Ferris is an American, isn't he? If I say Jason's hair looks worse than Plushenko's, will that be a strong Russian reaction against your beloved Brown?!:rolleye::sarcasm:

Yes, but Joshua Ferris is not the talk of the boards.

Jason is no glossy coiffed goldilocks so feel free to say Plushy's hair is better, but the Scarecrow's - no, no, no.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Videos - Men's Free Skate (Updated - using TV versions where available)

1. Han YAN - Long Program (CHN) (FS = 1st) and Short Program

2. Joshua FARRIS - Long Program (USA) (FS = 2nd), LP - 2nd Copy and Short Program

3. Jason BROWN - Long Program (USA) (FS = 3rd) and Short Program

4. Denis TEN - Long Program (KAZ) (FS = 4th) and Short Program

5. Zhan BUSH - Long Program (RUS) (FS = 6th) and Short Program

8. Liam FIRUS - Long Program (CAN) (FS = 8th) and Short Program

9. Ryuju HINO - Long Program (JPN) (FS = 9th) and Short Program

13. Nam NGUYEN - Long Program (CAN) (FS = 11th) and Short Program

14. Artur DMITRIEV - Long Program (RUS) (FS = 15th) and Short Program

Adding link to better quality version of Joshua Farris's FS.

Art&Sport

Medalist
:laugh: :eek:

Re some of the linked hairstyles! You guys are so funny. Actually, I think that as he has matured and focused more on challenging himself with his skating, Dai has seemed to tone down his hairstyle dramatics. No matter, these guys (Kevin included, ha ha) are pretty cute with their hairstyles. I think they understand a la Johnny Weir that costuming (hair and all) are a big part of presentation on the ice. And let's face it, some are more challenged by what their hair decides to do naturally! Especially Kevin Reynolds and Gachinski. ;)

It will be interesting to see what Jason eventually does with his hair. To me it seems that he likes to wear it long, and so pulling it back in a ponytail has been the easiest option for him so far. Maybe he should ask Rohene Ward for some tips on fashioning a cool mohawk-style Afro, w/o the goatee of course:
:laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC1-havgrIk

ETA:
Some of the criticisms of Jason Brown are also laughable: "I don't like his hair"; "He skates sooo sloww!" I even saw a clueless post on youtube once stating that Jason skates with his "knees bent." :rolleye: Oh boy, I could watch Jason and his ponytail skating "slow" with "knees bent" all day, and then some! As if, Jason doesn't also have flexibility to die for. As if anyone who knows how to skate does not "bend their knees" when they skate. Knee bends are very important, and some skaters have a greater ability than others to skate with soft knees. Go out on the ice and try keeping your legs straight all the time. Like Johnny Weir said on icenetwork. JB's competitors know that even w/o 3-axel, Jason and his ponytail can do a lot of damage.

BTW, Joshua's last name is spelled with an "a" not "e".

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I love how the top 3 men look genuinely HAPPY after they skated, esp b/c Han did not know he had won yet, Joshua found out he had lost to Yan/the title by less than half a point, and Jason as the last skater knew he finished with bronze, but was thrilled about it/his performance regaless. Shows these boys have got their priorities straight and aren't just obsessed with winning. It's nice to see and speaks well for the future. They were excited because they skated well and the results were not most important thing, just the icing on the cake,