Victoria Volchkova gives birth to son | Golden Skate

Victoria Volchkova gives birth to son

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
On 10 March Victoria Volchkova, Polina Korobeynikova coach, born the son.
My congatulations to Victoria and her hasband Yuri Buzaev ( ZSKA hochey player).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
she was pregnant ? :eek:
It didn't looked like it when I looked at her next to Polina K.
no womb visible or she was hiding it.

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
Yes she was. She was hiding it very well with the black clothing, the bag, Polinas`s coat. I didn`t notice it too while Tarasova said about it at Russian Champ.
(Korobeynikova may be almost without the coach now.)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Yes she was. She was hiding it very well with the black clothing, the bag, Polinas`s coat. I didn`t notice it too while Tarasova said about it at Russian Champ.
(Korobeynikova may be almost without the coach now.)

I don't think she will abandon Polina K.
besides she must have an assistant coach that is in charge of Polina K. atm

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I always liked her....so when this thread appeared, I went to google news and couldnt find the story so I went to wiki and looked her up, and the pic they had made her eyes look baggy, so I went to Google images and looked her up and got nude photos of skaters like Oksana Grishuk! I think google needs to work on their filtering a bit:eek::......anyway, congrats to VV.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice story. Too bad Viktoria never won a world medal; but she hoarded those Euro bronze lol. I hope the baby will bring her much happiness and that she can still go to world's to coach.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Congradulations on the baby. I cant stop laughing though cause when I first saw the thread I somehow read born the sun:laugh:

Lilyvalley

Rinkside
Victoria said about the month or two ago, that in this case their choreographer Galina Ishenko will change her at Worlds and Victor Kudryavzev will help. But Victor Kudryavzev now works with Makarova (in St.Pts) and some pairs (Basarova/Larionov) even not at the rink (or the city) where Korobeynikova trains.
I don`t know anything about Galina Ishenko. Can she help with jumps or no? I dont`t hear anything about Victoria`s assistant. She trains her girls ( Birukova, Shershak and Polina) alone.
So I worry very much about Polina Korobeynikova`s form and skate at Worlds. It`s very difficult task for Polina to debute at Worlds in 15 years old especially in such circumstances.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Victoria said about the month or two ago, that in this case their choreographer Galina Ishenko will change her at Worlds and Victor Kudryavzev will help. But Victor Kudryavzev now works with Makarova (in St.Pts) and some pairs (Basarova/Larionov) even not at the rink (or the city) where Korobeynikova trains.
I don`t know anything about Galina Ishenko. Can she help with jumps or no? I dont`t hear anything about Victoria`s assistant. She trains her girls ( Birukova, Shershak and Polina) alone.
So I worry very much about Polina Korobeynikova`s form and skate at Worlds. It`s very difficult task for Polina to debute at Worlds in 15 years old especially in such circumstances.

Isn't Galina Ischenko the choreographer ?
I didn't know she is also the assistant coach

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Victoria and her family!

Has she considered travelling with the baby to Worlds, or is it a completely done deal that she is staying home? I agree with you that it is worrying for Polina K to make her World debut without her coach. She is so young.

I ask this because coach Kori Ade's baby's due date was the day of the junior men's free skate at US Nationals in 2010. She had the baby induced, and took the baby to nationals.

A link to the IN article about this has been moved to the Announcements folder.

Lilyvalley

Rinkside

Has she considered travelling with the baby to Worlds, or is it a completely done deal that she is staying home? I agree with you that it is worrying for Polina K to make her World debut without her coach. She is so young.

I ask this because coach Kori Ade's baby's due date was the day of the junior men's free skate at US Nationals in 2010. She had the baby induced, and took the baby to nationals.

I think that Victoria will stay at home (99,99%). To travel with 2weeks baby is absolutely not in Russian tradition.
It `ll be good for her sportsmen if Viktoria will return to work in the beginning of the new season. She planned it but who knows how it`ll be.
Birukova`s fans are deliberating the question with whom Sofia will be train next season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I hope she can return to work next season. She has been doing an amazing job as a coach, and I am sure her students miss her.

bsfan

On the Ice
I remember reading an interview with VV about Polina K a while ago. VV said there would be assistant coach going to world with Polina K (if she makes the team). VV will resume her work in May(?) to prepare next season.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

I think Polina K. is still in good hands
Kudryavzev was Viktoria V's coach and Ischenko is good at interpreting the programs and overall choreography

lcd

Match Penalty
She had a MONSTER triple lutz. Great athlete. Kind of mechanical in the artistry department, but tremendous athletic talent Victoria was. Saw her at DC worlds. Huge to see her jump right in front of you. Nice to see her continuing with her life and career.