Korobeynikova makes fast progress | Golden Skate

Korobeynikova makes fast progress

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Polina Korobeynikova of Russia began competing on the major international stage this season and had immediate success.

More

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I could be wrong
but Polina K. could turn out to be the most successful of all the young russian ladies in the long run , she is disappointed with her euros performance but is working on her short program and striving for the big medals, she might just be the biggest spoiler in 2012 worlds as no one will ever expect her to medal on the podium :)

I am happy she has the drive and aiming to win euros, worlds and the Olympics and is working better on her artistry content
and find it interesting how Polina K. likes Carolina as she reminds me of Carolina with her huge and light jumps.

macy

Record Breaker
^exactly my thoughts. i think she's lovely, her jumps are very floaty. i like her drive, determination will get you anywhere. if there's a will theres a way :)

Macassar88

Medalist
She has really nice jumps that remind me a lot of Volchkova's. I thought it was funny that VV said that Polina warms up doing triple triples.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I love the new wave of russsian girls, they all want to win in Sochi :) Polina was wonderful at euros, I m really anxious if any of the girls dont qualify for Olys if they will drop skating after or realise there is a big career after Sochi too, cause they are too many for the 3 spots, anyone who wont go will be heartbreaking.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I love Koro, she is tall and elegant. While Liza gets my vote for amazing, this girl is someone who caught me right away. Adelina who? Go Polina!

lcd

Match Penalty
Agree.... wow, as in lovely. elegant. REALLY HOPE she does not get lost in the middle of INCREDIBLE talent pool amongst the Russian ladies. Hope there is room for talent and beauty like hers to be nurtured, get international experience and thrive. TOO MUCH talent (frankly prioritized by TRIPLE JUMP mania) amongst the very deep and talented pool of Russian ladies. Thankful for the article to draw attention to her and to the depth (ironically).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Agree.... wow, as in lovely. elegant. REALLY HOPE she does not get lost in the middle of INCREDIBLE talent pool amongst the Russian ladies. Hope there is room for talent and beauty like hers to be nurtured, get international experience and thrive. TOO MUCH talent (frankly prioritized by TRIPLE JUMP mania) amongst the very deep and talented pool of Russian ladies. Thankful for the article to draw attention to her and to the depth (ironically).

I don't think Polina will get lost despite of the deep field in russian ladies skaters
she is more than capable of making it at the top, on the contrary if she keeps improving, she could be the next Carolina Kostner :)