Pechalat & Bourzat news | Golden Skate

Pechalat & Bourzat news

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
According to their facebook, Pechalat & Bourzat may not take part of Worlds. Nathalie seriously hurt herself during practice. Her nose is broken and thursday she'll undergo surgery.
After surgery she will try to return to practice as soon as possible.

I hope she recovers well. It would be a shame if they couldn't compete in worlds especcially because the competition takes place at their home country.

Get well soon Nathalie!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oh no :cry: That is so unfortunate. I did so hope they could win a medal in Nice this year.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Oh, that looks bad. I hope she is well and isnt hurt anywhere else and will compete in Nice. Thats so bad luck .

jiggs

On the Ice
That's terrible news :( I really hope she recovers in time but even if she does, they will have missed a lot of crucial practice time leading up to worlds. They just don't seem to be lucky with Worlds, do they ... Get well soon, Nathalie!!!

deedee1

Record Breaker
NOoooooo... ( ;_ ; )

I did so want Nathalie and Fabian to finally win a World medal in Moscow, after waiting their turn year after year.
I do SO want Nathalie and Fabian to FINALLY win a World medal in NICE in front of huge home crowd...

Get well soon, Nathalie...(sobs)...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Gosh what bad luck, right before Worlds. I am not a doctor and don't know the severity of her nose injury, but
I know other folks who broke their nose (of course they were not elite skaters) and were back to work in a few days,
black and blue but ok. I hope this is the case for Nathalie.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Broken nose itself would not affect her skating - witness Eric Radford. But the effect of surgery will. Her body has to endure and recover from further assault as well as drugs administered. I hope there is enough time for her to sufficiently recover and train before Worlds.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
That's pretty ghastly for them. They say it's a bad break ..but how do we know what that means...

I can imagine , though, that there could be some pretty excruciating pressure in some of the positions they take. And of course it might be pretty easy to re-injure , so close to the first injury...:disapp:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
terrible, shame as it would have been the perfect Worlds Championships to medal at the podium
they are at their peak and will be held in Nice :cry:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
One thing: at least in the FD, (Pharoah & Mummy), any bandages they choose to use will fit right with the theme of the dance.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thanks Doris for the positive spin. This was to be P and B's year to podium and realistically it looked kind of downhill from here so let's hope they can get their bronze. If not the Shibutani's could be on the podium again (or heck Weaver and Poje P and B's stablemates could steal a bronze

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Oh, doris..You're much braver than me.:biggrin: That was my first thought ,after the initial shock ( a little gallows humour helps to stave off depression )..but I was too chicken to say it.

Poor Nathalie ...

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Bummer for them from what i understand if there is surgery involved like in this case doctors advise not to resume sports before 4 to 6 weeks i don`t know if this is true or not i imagine it would be very difficult to practice lifts.

heyhey

On the Ice
This is disappointing news for sure. It seems that everyone thinks that either the Shibs or Weaver/Poje will sneak in for the bronze if P/B don't go to Worlds....however, if C/L skate cleanly - I see them sneeking in for the bronze...especially if they skate their SD lights out....

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
This is disappointing news for sure. It seems that everyone thinks that either the Shibs or Weaver/Poje will sneak in for the bronze if P/B don't go to Worlds....however, if C/L skate cleanly - I see them sneeking in for the bronze...especially if they skate their SD lights out....

Very disappointing. It means Bobrova/Soloviev have that much more of a chance to get placed on the podium. :frown:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I think that if there is a non-North American team on the podium, that team will be B &S.

But what I really I hope is that P &B will be able to skate & will win bronze!

Last edited:

NorthernDancers

On the Ice

W/P and P/B have been awfully close all season, and W/P have been consistently ahead of the Shibs all season. In my mind, this is right. W/P have also been improving throughout the season. I think if P/B are not able to compete, the Bronze will go to W/P if they skate well. It may still go to W/P if they out-skate P/B even when they are healthy. I really like C/L this season. They've made huge improvements. But I don't think their SD is that much better than W/P, who really did a fantastic job of this at Nationals. And W/P have a much stronger FD. I do see C/L finishing ahead of the Shibs. As much as I love the Shibs and their clean feet and fabulous line and unison, the programs just don't have the substance and maturity of V/M, D/W, P/B, W/P or C/L.

heyhey

On the Ice
W/P and P/B have been awfully close all season, and W/P have been consistently ahead of the Shibs all season. In my mind, this is right. W/P have also been improving throughout the season. I think if P/B are not able to compete, the Bronze will go to W/P if they skate well. It may still go to W/P if they out-skate P/B even when they are healthy. I really like C/L this season. They've made huge improvements. But I don't think their SD is that much better than W/P, who really did a fantastic job of this at Nationals. And W/P have a much stronger FD. I do see C/L finishing ahead of the Shibs. As much as I love the Shibs and their clean feet and fabulous line and unison, the programs just don't have the substance and maturity of V/M, D/W, P/B, W/P or C/L.

Great post - Oh I agree that if P/B don't go to Worlds that W/P have a great chance of getting bronze. I am putting C/L as the darkhorse for the bronze. The judging for the SD this year has been all over the place in terms of the GP series and frankly the PCS scores are a bit of a mystery with the SD and I just think that the judging panel at Worlds may surprise us with the SD placements. Should be a great competition! And lastly I wish Mademoiselle Pechelat a speedy recovery!