Pechalat & Bourzat news | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pechalat & Bourzat news

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Looks like Nathalie won't be having surgery today after all, because it could have unwelcome implications for their training; so she will wait with that and will wear a mask in the meantime (FB update). No decision about Worlds yet.

A hemotoma that goes up over her eye, ouch.

I will make one prediction. If they go to Worlds and skate passably well, they will medal. Between being 1. good 2. the home team and 3. injured, they will get a lot of love from the judges if they can make it. I hope she'll feel up to it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ouch if she competes with a broken nose, I feel pain even thinking about it, she is rteally brave, implications on the training means also the drugs she would use besides the surgery?

romanoff81

Match Penalty
They should not get a gift medal if they don`t skate well lets not make a joke out of the sport.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I hope there aren't other injuries in other teams like what happened at Europeans 2012
IF P/B do compete at Worlds 2012, Nathanie can wear a mask in the competition or change her make up style
they just can't miss this opportunity as they have a strog chance of being World medalists.

Very disappointing. It means Bobrova/Soloviev have that much more of a chance to get placed on the podium. :frown:

that is very unlikely :laugh:
I think Ilinykh/Katsalapov have more chance to medal than the Bobrova/Soloviev

Last edited:

DianaSelene

Medalist
I hope there aren't other injuries in other teams like what happened at Europeans 2012
IF P/B do compete at Worlds 2012, Nathanie can wear a mask in the competition or change her make up style
hey just can't miss this opportunity as they have a strog chance of being World medalists.

that is very unlikely :laugh:
I would bet on Ilinykh/Katsalapov have more chance to medal than the Bobrova/Soloviev

I wish that were the case but international judges do put B/S above I/K currently. So sad. :disapp:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

It's just a matter of time before Ilinykh/Katsalapov will surpass Bobrova/Soloviev :)
B/S are just ahead because they are the more experienced team and I/K are a new seniors team
If they can skate 2 clean dance programs and Nikita or Elena does not have their twizzle meltdowns, I don't see why not they won't medal

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The problem with I&K is that they don't skate clean programs. And they showed a truly inadequate rhumba pattern section in their SD at events so far this year. They were 7th at Europeans in the SD. For reference, Coomes & Buckland of GBR were 4th. Bobrova & Soloviev were 1st.

Last edited:

DianaSelene

Medalist
^

It's just a matter of time before Ilinykh/Katsalapov will surpass Bobrova/Soloviev :)
B/S are just ahead because they are the more experienced team and I/K are a new seniors team
If they can skate 2 clean dance programs and Nikita or Elena does not have their twizzle meltdowns, I don't see why not they won't medal

It would be great if they did score higher.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thanks for the update on Nathalie's injury and its decision to postpone till after the Worlds.

I am glad there is a realistic chance they will show up at Worlds. But it scares me a lot just to think of her wearing a mask while practicing, so dangerous!

Such a warrior Nathalie is.
I hope they will make in time for Worlds (fingers crossed!). If they do, they are gonna get a HUUUEGE support from the audience!

Please, skating god, make Nathalie and Fabian finally get onto the podium, please.
I will sacrifice my Godiva chocolates if you want me, so PLEASE?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
They should not get a gift medal if they don`t skate well lets not make a joke out of the sport.

There is a high possibility that Nathalie won't be able to skate at worlds, let alone skate for a medal, and you already jumped at the conclusion they will get an undeserving medal. Jeez, it's a lifetime opportunity to have the world championships in your home country, can anyone blame them for trying so hard to be there? Medal or not, the ice dance competition won't be the same without them at worlds.
You could show your sympathy for this sad incident and save the complains for later if necessary(after the competition)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
This does not sound logical and I have no reason or suggesting some kind of scandal but if P and B can't skate and W and P get bronze then I think D and W will get gold. Illogical yes, and sure D and W from us got gold and Shibs bronze last year but I for some reason think Canada won't get it all (again just a gut feeling). I would love I and K to really improve and skate like no tomorrow. They are a team that need to get more serious about training and up those levels.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really understand P and B's desire to skate at their own world's and the bronze medal was so close to their's last year. Part of me says the reality is they should pull out; the risk of reinjuring her nose scares me. But I can understand they want that bronze - I do believe they should get it and be happy and then run with it. While it sounds mean; this team, and there is no logic to this, really should take their world medal and be content. The problem with life is there are "winners" and "losers" and while wording things positively yes, there is growth with P and B but you can sense the itailans, russians 1, 2 and maybe even 3, canada and us 2 all look to be closing in - they might be pushing their luck - Positively a bronze could be seen as a push to OGM but really I fear and not every "rise" to bronze can lead to greater glory I think we might see P and B fighting to hang in the top 5 and maybe even top 10 = its sad one can see this and P and B have not even reached "their" medal. You never know maybe they were never meant to win a world medal - they could prove many wrong and win an Olympic medal but I sense other teams are improving faster and look to pass them

Narumi1997

Rinkside
New Update!!

I'm going to try to translate it from French :eek:hwell: its not the best, as I'm only a sophomore in HS
This after noon, I have decided to switch my mask from a thermo-form hold to a much lighter and thinner one. I will evaluate what is best for me for breathing and movement. My shiner disspates (???), it passes all the colours of the rainbow. The pain is always there and training is challenging, but I will be fine.

The original:
Cet après midi, j'ai décidé de troquer mon masque thermo-formé contre un maintien beaucoup plus léger et plus fin. Ce qui me permettra d'évaluer ce qui me va le mieux au niveau de la respiration et des mouvements. Mon coquard se dissipe, il passe par toutes les couleurs de l'arc-en-ciel. La douleur est toujours présente et les entrainements sont très éprouvants, mais je vais bien.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
New Update!!

I'm going to try to translate it from French :eek:hwell: its not the best, as I'm only a sophomore in HS
This after noon, I have decided to switch my mask from a thermo-form hold to a much lighter and thinner one. I will evaluate what is best for me for breathing and movement. My shiner disspates (???), it passes all the colours of the rainbow. The pain is always there and training is challenging, but I will be fine.

Merci for the update, Narumi1997! Not sure what your question marks above refer to exactly, but I think what Nathalie means is that her black eye (shiner) is healing. I believe that it is typical for the bruising to go through a series of color changes as healing progresses. ;)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Merci beucoup les informations de Nathalie, Narumi1997!

She is somebody indeed, isn't she?
I sincerely hope they can get participated in the Worlds at home, and grab a world medal finally!

Merci for the update, Narumi1997! Not sure what your question marks above refer to exactly, but I think what Nathalie means is that her black eye (shiner) is healing. I believe that it is typical for the bruising to go through a series of color changes as healing progresses. ;)

I agree with this interpretation. Thanks, Narumi, for the translation! Years ago, my mom walked into a glass door. Her forehead was black and blue, and then it became a violet shade that would have been lovely in another context (and on another surface!). Then it went to a pale yellow-green. Just about every color of the rainbow, and in each shade the color was a bit faded from the stage before. It sounds a lot better in French, doesn't it.

By the way, I think one problem with this injury is that this or the surgery might have temporarily affected her equilibrium--always a risk with head or face injuries--and she might not yet have recovered enough to train, let alone to skate at the actual event. This is really rotten luck for the team.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shiners (black eyes) are one of the normal side effects of a broken nose.