Dancing with the Stars | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As usual, I found the choreography by Derek Hough and Mark Ballas the most exciting to watch.

I thought Peta did an excellent job with Donald. I thought he came the farthest in the competition. Also loved watching Peta dance, her moves are so precise and big. I am not a big fan of Derek or Mark and was so glad to see Peta win too.

Johar

Medalist
I really liked Roshon's freestyle dance! I remember that music from America's Got Talent, where people danced in the dark with lights on them. He has a great attitude as well!

Was happy with Donald winning. I liked the last three contestants, though.

Katharine singing at the start of her song was neat, as Olympia stated above.

Ok, am I the only female who doesn't see the big deal about William L's looks? He's just okay-looking to me.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok, am I the only female who doesn't see the big deal about William L's looks? He's just okay-looking to me.

Johar, you're so funny. In the beginning I didn't see what all the women were screaming about (now remember Maks was around). Toward the end, I loved watching William dance, and I said...Maks ....who?? lol

heyang

Record Breaker
This season's group of celebrities was one of the most competitive IMHO. There wasn't a single celeb with 2 left feet or who wasn't giving 100%. None of them were painful to watch.

Going into the finale, I thought any of them had a shot at winning. However, I think Donald's freestyle probably garnered a lot of votes last night. It wasn't as ballroom as the other, but did incorporate some elements.

I'm curious if Cheryl really thinks WIlliam was a better partner than Gilles Marini. I'd choose Gilles over William!!!!

I wonder what they'll call all-stars. In other reality shows, it can also mean anyone who's controversial..... PLEASE GOD, not Kate and not Bristol Palin and not Billy Ray Cyrus and not Master P!!!!

But Master P's son Romeo was wonderful, and I hope they star him. He did I think a quickstep that was just sublime.

I think Kelly Osborne might be a good choice. The way she threw herself into it was commendable, and I'm sure she'd do equally well again.

I'd love to see Ty Murray again. I thought he was splendid. He was very hardworking and was graceful in a different way from the guys like Roshon and Gilles who were used to performing or who had done other kinds of dancing.

Chynna Phillips was very promising, and it would be nice to see her progress further.

Actually, I'd love for an All-Star format to keep everyone on the show for the duration, and then the last night they could rank them in terms of votes and judges' cumulative scores. Why not? Where is it written that every reality competition show has to send people home each week and whittle down the number of contestants? Someone should break out of that mold.

heyang

Record Breaker
Chynna Phillips was very promising, and it would be nice to see her progress further.

Actually, I'd love for an All-Star format to keep everyone on the show for the duration, and then the last night they could rank them in terms of votes and judges' cumulative scores. Why not? Where is it written that every reality competition show has to send people home each week and whittle down the number of contestants? Someone should break out of that mold.

I definitely agree that Chynna Phillips should be considered for All-Stars. She was very promising and just had a bad performance night......

I wouldn't mind the suggestion you're making because it would reduce the amoutn of 'filler' as the # of dancers dwindles.

My mother loves DTWS and she thought the 3 hours finale night was ridiculous - 2 hours of recap.

I guess the idea for all stars is to bring back people who didn't win and give them a second chance. But I would rather see Kristi Yamaguchi and Apolo Ohno. :yes:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
A question re the All-Stars show. Everyone seems to be assuming that the stars would be paired with the original partner. Do we know that for sure? If you think of Derek and Mark, they've had quite a few good partners; how would they choose? Then Louis and Dmitri haven't had too many partners who made it far.

I'd like to see those who were 2nd or 3rd and a few who should have been higher up. But please, no Bristol or Kate!

Scrufflet, that issue came up in one of the interviews from the shows, I think, and it got me to wondering. It's one of the most intriguing mysteries about the upcoming season, isn't it? I suppose one possibility could be that the pros could change partners partway through the process. This is one reason I'd love to see all the contestants remain on the show for the duration. It could be sort of like a repertory group.

And yes, please no Kate or Bristol. And no Kim Kardashian! She was so stiff, poor thing. I notice that since then, she hasn't done anything on TV where she has to exhibit a talent. She just gets up onscreen and markets herself.

On the other hand, someone like Lisa Rinna worked like a dog to improve her skills. I loved watching her dance, because she clearly threw herself into it with every iota of energy that she had. I still remember one of the last times she danced during her season, and the camera panned to her husband Harry Hamlin. He was looking at her with his heart in his eyes, as proud of her as he could be. And then he came onto the show soon afterward as a contestant so he could learn how to dance with her. I'd be happy to see either or both of them on the All-Stars show.

Last edited:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Interesting points, Olympia. I agree that it would be nice to change the format somewhat and not have one leave each week. One thing that might be fun would be to have a pro dancer choose a mystery partner for one dance each week - no warning, just tune in and find out who it is. That way, someone could choose Betty White for a single dance (she's too advanced to do a whole season but one could be done). I bet ratings would go up if they got some really bizarre or interesting choices. I've had fantasy DWTS where they'd all be figure skaters or a Women of Comedy DWTS - Sherri Shepherd could host that part - Joan Rivers, Tina Fey, Joy Behar, J-L Dreyfuss, etc.
And please, please, get Chloris Leachman back for a guest spot. She was hilarious!