Thread: Judging an in-house competition using IJS

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!

Judging an in-house competition using IJS

How would you judge an in-house club competition without a full IJS results computer?
    In the past the club have always used the old RJS 6.0 ICECALC program in a PC but as RJS is pretty much obsolete now what you use instead?
    We don't have access to the IJS results scoring system on a PC so it would have to be a paper version unless anyone on here knows a different way, any apps or software that can be used?

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    The technical panel (or single caller) can record the calls on paper, the caller or the referee can verbally relay the calls (except for levels) to the judges, who can mark their GOEs and PCS on paper. But the accountant(s) would need access to the correct software, and there would be a lot more numbers to input than with 6.0 judging.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Is the software ISUCALC FS readily available on download or is it a licensed software that you need to buy?

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I believe it is licensed software you need to buy:
    http://www.isujudgingsystem.com/isucalcfs/

I don't know what your options are in the UK, if that is where you are.

I'm not an accountant. I do know where to find the accounting information for use in the US, but I have not actually used it myself.

Do you know anyone who does accounting for other club competitions in your area? Or check with those clubs as to who does it for them? That's who could best answer those questions.