What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: MEN..... | Page 4 | Golden Skate

What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: MEN.....

deedee1

Record Breaker
Did you open a savings account so you can save up for your trip to the 2014 Olympics O__O

Becki, no, no I didn't! :eek:

I must have picked up the wrong English word I guees...'literally'. 'So to speak'? it that the one?
It is 'hypothesis', a sort of bank account in my heart to save my wishes for Daisuke.

What I wanted to write is, I decided not to expect instant results from Dai. Not too many wishes, such as winning every time at every competition. My very best wish is, as you can easily imagine, Dai winning the gold at Sochi. And a lot of his fans, including me, understand he needs more time to get adjusted to his new body without a screw in the knee and get back quads. Tha's is why I would prefer rather wait, and save my wishes till the right time come.

Sorry, picking up the word 'literally' must have been confusing to you...:eek:::eek::

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Do not blush. Literally is one of the most incorrectly used words in the English language, both in Great Britain

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/...mar/12/reality-check-literally-wrong-use-word

and the US

http://articles.boston.com/2011-07-19/lifestyle/29791304_1_literal-meaning-linguists-character

The Boston.com article wonders whether it has been so misused that it may not have any meaning at all ;)

Literally the most misused word
Cover StoryThe adverb clutters our speech to the point where it is in danger of losing its literal meaning

deedee1

Record Breaker
I like the instinct of several posters here to wish for a medal for Joubert. I will join you in hoping that he lands on the podium on his home ice. Wouldn't that be lovely.

But I still hope for gold for Daisuke!

deedee1

Record Breaker
Aside from Dai, Brian and Jeremy,

Here is my special hoping for: <<< Kevin Van Der Perren>>> from the bottom of my heart...

SKATE LIGHTS OUT AND ROCK THE HOUSE! :rock::rock::rock:

genki

On the Ice
Dai to land clean quads in both short and long. Perfect clean short and long from Abbot.

Best whishes to Dai and Abbot with huge artistic talent.