Laura Lepistö ends competitive career | Golden Skate

Laura Lepistö ends competitive career

glam

On the Ice

jiggs

On the Ice
Oh my, such a shame she had to end her career with an injury :( I am glad that she has taken a decision and can move on now, I wish her all the best!!!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Oh my, such a shame she had to end her career with an injury :( I am glad that she has taken a decision and can move on now, I wish her all the best!!!
Actually, if you think about it - Laura ended her career with a world medal, as she hasn't competed since 2010 Worlds. She can be very proud of all she's accomplished. Best of luck to her in the future!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Definitely sad that we won't see Laura again, but yes, she should be proud of her career. Hoping for good things in her next act of life.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Laura will be missed.
she is amazing and is one of the best skaters not only in Finland but of her season

I'm so sorry to hear that she's ending her competitive career. I hope she continues skating professionally, though. That will be a consolation for her many fans.

Now with Lepisto out and Korpi injured, things don't look great for Finland this year. Really too bad! In 2006 they sent three ladies to the Olympics. I was hoping for that to happen in 2014 as well.

By coincidence, I bought the latest issue of International Figure Skating Magazine this weekend, and they had a report on Europeans. They had two lovely photos of Korpi, and I was thinking of her and hoping that she would recover completely as soon as possible.

Last edited:

macy

Record Breaker
i'll miss her, i liked her skating a lot. glad she is able to end her career on a good note.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Good luck to Laura. I always enjoyed her skating and they way she moved across the ice, light as a feather.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Must be hard with all her injuries to keep going, especially after the kind of success she had in 2010! Well she should be proud, 3 time European medalist including European champion, World Bronze Medalist, two other top 10 finishes at Worlds, 6th at the Olympics (4th in the FS), and a couple of GP medals to top it all off. Also now there is less pressure on Juulia to get 2 spots for Finland at Worlds (though it would still be awesome if she did). I hope Laura recovers fully and enjoys whatever she choses to do now.

periperi

On the Ice
I'm a little sad to read this as I really enjoy her skating, but it's nice that she ended her career with that bronze medal.

I could watch Laura stroke across the ice all day. She will be missed - no doubt.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am going to miss Laura a lot, too...

Sad for her she had to end her career due to injuries while still young.
But life is long, Quality of Life should come first. Hope she fully recovers.

I am glad she had at least one World medal, the Euro title and other Euro + GP medals to go with her.
Be proud of yourself Laura!

Wish her the best of luck on the next stage of her life.

L

lowtherlore

It’s sad. I was keeping some hope since she seemed to be in good shape in a recent video. I wish her all the best and hope we get to see her skating again.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
So sad. I was waiting for her return.... her Adiós Nonino program is one of my favorites.

Wish her next stage will be a brilliant one.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Not surprised. I predicted this a couple times. Glad she won that bronze at Worlds. Beautiful skater!

prettykeys

Medalist
I'm sad to hear this because I miss her skating already, but wish her the best for all the other things in her life. :)