What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: LADIES..... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What would you like to see at Worlds 2012: LADIES.....

twizzgirl

Rinkside
Gold: Carolina Kostner
Tenth: Amelie LaCoste
Why: Duh. I want her to get the second spot. I want her to prove SC’s indecision and mendacious politicking wrong. And also who cares when you get down this low.
What next? A DIFFERENT COACH. One with a much smarter COP strategy. If you’ve got a negligible success rate with a jump, why include it in the short program?

I Agree with you all the way. She deserve to shine and prove SC that she can do better than Phaneuf this year, and maybe the next year(s) to come!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
1. Carolina Kostner
2. Akiko Suzuki
3. Alissa Czisny
4. Ashley Wagner
5. Mao Asada
6. Alena Leonova
7. Ksenia Makarova
8. Elene Gedevanishvili
9. Kanako Murakami
10. Amelie Lacoste

Japan, USA, and Russia all earn 3 spots for next year's Worlds. Canada regains the 2nd spot. My favorite of the ladies currently competing, Kostner, wins! All medalists are around their mid-twenties. Let's hear it for the women of the ice! :love:

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I want to see some worthy competition and does not have a full splatfest on the ice.

mary01

Final Flight
my biggest wish is to see:

1. Gold - Mao Asada
Mao is the most graceful and beautiful skater i have seen, and she truly represent what an ice princess is, I am soo fascinatet by how she is able to pull one masterpiece og a program after the other, all her recent galas are true materpieces, and she is a legend not only because of her acievements, i sometimes wonder where she gets her multivation from when she always goes through so many hardships, just thinking about last years worlds makes me heartbroken, which is why that I want her to win worlds with the same programs as she skatet to at last years worlds. I find the gold too little cause she really deserves much more then that.

2. silver- Akiko Suzuki - I think she is one of the most musical skaters i have seen and truely knows how to feel the music, through she never had the big jumps her beautiful artistry make up for that, and this is what makes a big difference between skaters like Mao and Akiko and someone like ashley and carolina, cause when i look at Mao or akiko it's pure delight cause their skating looks natural where carolina or ashley look to forsed and often awkward when performing and that's my personal oppinion.. anyway I would be soo sad if akiko didn't atleast get a world medal cause she truly has a rare quality to her. and wouldn't be awesome if she would be remembered as a world medalist, she really has all what it takes to one
3. Bronze- Carolina kostner - well through i have never ben a fan i admit that she has been pretty consistent this season, but with her jump content I really think that anything more the a bronze would be quite laughable, when comparing what other previous world champions and world silver medalist delievered (Mao, Yuna, Miki)

deedee1

Record Breaker
What I would like to see from Ladies:

1) Carolina winning the gold finally!
Her SP music is very unique, no one but Carolina can skate to it, I think. But I expect 2 flips from her, if she is to win.

2)Akiko hitting perfect 3-3 and getting on the podium!!!
Her programs, along with Carolina's and Ashley's, are the best 3 programs among ladies combined SP+LP.

3) 2 Almost-clean skates from Mao and her angelic smile upon finish!

4) Every girl skates their best (unlikely)...No splats (again unlikely).

Trewyn

Medalist
My dream would be a podium of Ashley, Akiko and Carolina in any order. I would be in figure skating heaven if that happened :) Mostly I really want Ashley to have two solid performances that she can be proud of :) Also: Alissa to have a good skate and redeem herself somewhat. God I'm so nervous. Off to the arena now!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
My dream would be a podium of Ashley, Akiko and Carolina in any order.

That's what I want too.

All three having had difficulties after being successful in earlier years. Different issues, but the same determination to overcome them. Deciding that they want to compete on a high level in the sport they love, making a plan and coming back step by step. They are great role models bringing hope to skaters with hard seasons(which every athlete sometimes has in their carrier)

Go Caro, Ashley and Akiko!