Pairs Predictions | Golden Skate

Pairs Predictions

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
1. Totmianina and Marinin (wake me when they finish)
2. Petrova and Tikhonov (another zzzz)
3. Zagorska and Siudek
4. Berankova and Dlabola
5. Obertas and Slavnov
6. Fitze and Rex
7. Noennig and Bleyer

I put the two Deutsch teams near the bottom...there are more going to Euros, but we haven't really seen anything special from Europe in pairs...the hotspots are Canada and China...

Tove

On the Ice
I hope Obertas & Slavnov will be on the podium....and I hope for my young Ukrainan couple, Kharchenko & Volozhozar, to be in the top ten!

Antilles

Medalist
T&M, P&T, Z&S. I loved Obertas last year, but I haven't seen her with her new partner yet.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
A member of a ballet board that I belong to posted on a figure-skating thread (under "Ballet Competitions" :) ) that s/he saw Russian Nationals, and that Totmianina and Marinin have a new classical program that they unveiled there. S/he thinks they have a shot at the title with this program. I can't wait to see their Euros performance.

Evdokia

On the Ice
1. TT/MM
2. P/T
3. Zagorska/Siudek

About the zzzz-side note on TT/MM & P/T - I too find them sometimes very boring, funnily I still like them. :D Maybe you can get used to them after having watched their programes for a few years. :laugh:
And I'm very curious about TT/MM's new LP (hope it will be as nice as last year's SP).:)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I do find P&T very boring, but not at all T&M. I think T&M definitely have their own unique style; with just a little more Umph, they could (I think) even beat the Chinese at Worlds (though not his year).

Anyway, I agree it will probably be T&M, P&T, Z&S. I can'r wait to see Obertas & Slavnov!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Totmiannina & Maranin have excellent choreography and good technique, their problem is UTTER LACK OF EXPRESSION to the point that it overshadows the good stuff about their skating. Petrova & Tikhinov I like sometimes, sometimes not. This year I really can do without their free program.
Zagorska & Siudek I like; Darota Zagorska is a very radiant performer IMO. I find their choregraphy kind of a throwback to some of the stuff we saw in the 80s, but there isn't necessarily anything wrong with that, if it's done well. They have great lifts.

I think that'll be the podium. If anyone else gets on there, I will be completely surprised, tho I wouldn't mind seeing Barankova/Dlabola sneak in there. The Czech pairs are always enjoyable to watch.

The exact podium is very predictable which makes the event a ho hum event.

Maybe an emergence of Obertas and Slavnos will make it worthwhile to watch.

Joe

nokas

Rinkside
1-totmiaina/marinin
2-zagorska/siudek
3-petrova/tikonov
4-obertas/sokolov

kasia16

On the Ice
nokas said:
1-totmiaina/marinin
2-zagorska/siudek
3-petrova/tikonov
4-obertas/sokolov

I'd love your results, but I don't think so they can be real!
But of course silver will be great for Dorota & Mariusz :)

Do you know that Euros in Budapest are 13th for Mariusz???!!!
It's incredible, isn't it? :)

Last edited: