Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I see practice reports and videos are beginning to appear in different threads now so it's time we have a place to put them all.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
The link above to Patrick's practice will lead you to many others from WinterForever2009. :thumbsup:

romanoff81

Match Penalty
I am now convinced that Funny face is a masterpiece and the best work they have ever done they will blow away the field on thursday you can take it to the bank.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I am gonna copy and post here from the other thread I posted earlier.

Japanese newspapers also reported on Japanese skaters:

-Mao looking great. She landed a couple of 3A with UR, but she says she feels good on her axels for her first trial in Nice.
-Dai's quads are not stable yet at his first apprearance during practice session.
-Takahiko has a small trouble with his skating boots; recently he broke into a new pair of boots, but did not fit him, so had to go back to the old one. Now he feels much better with no pain.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just got through watching Artur Gachinski & Brian Joubert's SP practices, as promised I would later on tonight. :cool:

And my thoughts are thus:

Artur Gachinski - FAB! He looks like he's ready to rock! :rock: Seriously, came out and did that quad like it was nothing, then tacked on the 3T, thereafter moved onto the spread eagle into 3A like it was a piece of cake, skated about a bit, then BAM his footwork was totally tada! So quick, fast, like lightning out there, especially when he does those fabulous twizzles with his head back like he's doing a succession of headless spins, lol. :)^D Pure sex. *blush* But seriously he is. :eek:: Anyhow, he sure reminded me of a young Evgeni Plushenko; wish Zhenya would skate to this gorgeous piece of music, as well as do the same choreography, moves, program, et al. Can only imagine what it would be like to have the real thing out there. (8^O

Brian Joubert - nice quad and lovely 3L, but where's the 3A? Also, I don't like this music nor program/choreography. Ah, Brian, why didn't you bring back "Once Upon A Time in Mexico"... Nevertheless, I will be rooting for you and hope all goes well. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker

OMG, thanks for this! :clap:

Holy cow whenever I see him skate it's like getting punched in the stomach all over again in the sense that he's so sexy, so full of charisma, charm, sex appeal, pheromones, just everything, lol! :biggrin: :)

I could watch him & Artur skate all day long, my type of men. :cool: And that moustache & beard just adds to that. (;^)

When he finally finishes skating I honestly think he should pursue a career in the movies, he looks like a movie star, reminds me of that one guy I always see acting in foreign language films, he was even in Joy Luck Club (will have to look him up later on & post, oops, just found him!: http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...b=13itvmg4m&sigi=11ktg7qpv&.crumb=nABppYwu10I ).

One final comment, if you've never seen Daisuke Takahashi skate in person, I say do it now or never because nobody, and I do mean NOBODY comes close to him, he's like a rock star on ice (aka Elvis Presley on skates), never seen anything like that when it comes to ice skating (he's even better looking in person if that's possible; women young & old going wild over him, la verdad). :cool:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am surprised Gachinski can land a quad in practice :confused:
and I like R/T short dance, they are very underrated

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for this. :)

Javiar looks great, but imho he needs more confidence in himself and his abilities, as I noticed at the beginning his equilibrium was off again; little mistakes like that is what cost him. Also, he did no jumps. He too is good-looking but he doesn't have the sex appeal of Artur & Daisuke. Jmho. But if he ever manages to skate completely clean he'll blow everybody away! :cool:

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
Thanks for this. :)

Javiar looks great, but imho he needs more confidence in himself and his abilities, as I noticed at the beginning his equilibrium was off again; little mistakes like that is what cost him. Also, he did no jumps. He too is good-looking but he doesn't have the sex appeal of Artur & Daisuke. Jmho. But if he ever manages to skate completely clean he'll blow everybody away! :cool:

Hehehe, I can't help but still think of Artur as a little 15 yr old coming into the international scene. Hard to think of of him as having sex appeal,

I see what you mean about Javi. I wondered too why he did no jumps.