Practice Reports | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Has Yuzru grown a lot recently? I never realized he had such long legs before. Maybe it's just the black practice clothes but to me, it looks like he's grown a few inches. That could be affecting his jumps. Hopefully it's just jetlag and getting adjusted to the ice though and he will kick butt in competition. My goodness, though, that boy is thin. I really think strength training could do wonders for him, it's amazing he manages to have the kind of power he does and jump so well being so slight like that. He turns sideways and like dissappears lol.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmm, I am not sure if being a male makes me not comprehend how some people think so and so is the bomb based on looks. I don't see any male skater equivalent to a Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie. Practice is practice look at V and T and K and S in pairs or poor B and S in dance; russia's skating future looks in jeoporady. Although in pairs they should pull through for 3 teams next year in dance it will be a struggle I and K need to stay ahead of the Italians and Shibutanis. And or B and S must pass both Americans; one seems doable but two... I wonder how Alyssa and Ashley are doing with their practices. I will be looking for Ash's triple triple.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I m excited, I havent seen Worlds on tv since 2009, I m practicing how I ll play ill at work on Friday to leave early or not go at all. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Mao's SP practice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fproeLGOC_8

I hope you enjoy.

Hugs.

Just watched it. :)

Mao looks in fine form, the only mistake being the UR & 2-footed landing on the 3Axel. I hope she leaves it out and just focuses on skating clean. Then again with what I've seen of the judging thus far, it looks like they're not marking down for obvious 2-footed landing with not even an attempt to land on one foot (aka German Pair). :rolleye: So who knows? :confused2:

I'm not even excited anymore about the skating, not even the ladies or men, we're not going to get 3 spots; we'll be lucky to finish Top 10. :(

reynycpr

On the Ice
I wonder how Alyssa and Ashley are doing with their practices. I will be looking for Ash's triple triple.

Only thing I've found so far is this tweet from Eleonora D (@EleonoraD) posted about a 1/2hour ago: "Asada struggles with 3A, Wagner, Suzuki looked very strong, also Alissa did a good practice #Nice12".

evangeline

Record Breaker
Just watched it. :)

Mao looks in fine form, the only mistake being the UR & 2-footed landing on the 3Axel. I hope she leaves it out and just focuses on skating clean. Then again with what I've seen of the judging thus far, it looks like they're not marking down for obvious 2-footed landing with not even an attempt to land on one foot (aka German Pair). :rolleye: So who knows? :confused2:

Um......Aliona and Robin received negative GOE overall for their throw 3A. Other than the 2foot (which wasn't all that bad, considering that the flow of the jump wasn't all that disrupted), the jump had good height and distance...so it's understandable that they didn't get a full -3GOE deduction.

clyte

Rinkside
Thank you for many videos!
Wow! Splendid!

Mmm, has Yuzuru not been yet used to quality of the ice, at that time?
I have a feeling that his skating gets smooth, and the speed slightly increased than before. It's result that he worked on improvement. There're many opinions in worry about his body being thin. But he doesn't seem to intend to do muscular workout for the moment until the growth of the body including the frame is over. Therefore his jump not to depend on muscular strength is almost the way of Ladies. In fact, he learned how to do Mao's 3A. And so, Midori Ito said before "If body weight changes (even only 500 grams), it's influence to landing jump."
I think that he does weight control in his way.

TV News clip from Wednesday on Japanese skaters with Shizuka reporting from the rink side.
Includes short interviews to Kanako, Akiko and Mao after the draw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luYZTJuNya0
I'm anxious about physical condition of Kanako.

Last edited:

Enidan

On the Ice
I'm not even excited anymore about the skating, not even the ladies or men, we're not going to get 3 spots; we'll be lucky to finish Top 10. :(

I don't think so. It's the weak field here. I'm excited b/c Queen Wagner gonna win gold, and we will have 3 spots :)

Last edited:

mskater93

Record Breaker
It was fully rotated, so there was no reason for the BV to be anything other than the BV of a 3ATh

loveskating

Rinkside
Reports from my friend who is attenting the championship:
Hi all.

A few cultural notes. Can you spell deodorant and mouthwash? Ohh, some of these people are in desperate need. That’s all I’ll say.

Bread bread bread. The French love their bread. Everywhere you go you see bakeries and all sorts of breads. Especially the baguettes. Delicious breads. Interesting here that many middle aged and senior people here have gray hair!! So unlike the united states. Must be something in the water. How about a post work stop at a café for espresso/wine and cigarettes? Saw lots of that walking around yesterday. Manystreets here lined with tangerine trees loaded with fruit.

went to arena last night to watch tail end of men’s qualifying. Prince Albert came in with his entourage (sans princess) and was sitting in the box about 20 feet from me. Came to offer support for the skater from monaco. You know his name. It’s ugh… . Kim Lucine, Anyway I think he qualified and has a very cute program to Jungle Book music. Rather Junior music but creative interpretation. Quite the actor. Has one of the best hydroblade moves I’ve ever seen. Audience went wild.

Brian Joubert and the French lady skater mae Beatrice?? Were sitting in front of me. He looks very skinny and has dark circles under his eyes. The people in the boxes seem to have no regard for skating etiquette. Many that is. They walk and talk while skaters are on the ice. The boxes just behind boards.

Also an overhead camera swinging around and a boom camera at end of ice that goes down to the ice and swings back and forth. I imagine it has to be distracting to the skaters to be approaching it hoping it goes up before they hit that part of the ice.

Christopher Caluzo skating for Philippines. Didn’t he skate at Nationals?

Another cute Spaniard in the mix. Javier Raya. Skates to Cinema Paradiso. Also in suspenders like his countryman. Cute as a button but not nearly soup yet but he qualified.

Misha Ge from UZB had 2 great HIGH energy footwork sequences that audience appreciated.

Scott davis’s guy from Poland Maciej Cieplucha qualified. Simple program but very smooth skater. Nice style.

Many thought Nan Song from China would burn the ice. He tried 2 quads, completed rotation on both but fell both times but still finished at top of 20+ that attempted to qualify.

If you watch, I am sitting just above glass partition behind boards, just off center ice, there is an add in green letters COSMECOLOGY Paris on the boards in front. I’ve seem myself on the jumbo screen several times. I’ll be waving.

Saw Jeremy and Adam last night on streets but didn’t hit me until after they had passed so didn’t talk to them. Ran into Patrick Chan on way in to hotel last night (at 11:30) and stopped to talk to him. I was nice. Asked him what he was still doing up. He laughed. Off to see men’s practice. Patrick Jeremy and Adam in group that goes on ice in half hour.