17 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN

18 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN

19 Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY GER

20 Qing PANG / Jian TONG

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Really looking forward to this, pairs is my favourite discipline. Was hoping to watch it live on Eurosport but they are only showing 90mins of highlights, hopefully that will be time for most of the field. It will be interesting to see how Sui/Han are scored and placed.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Really looking forward to this, pairs is my favourite discipline. Was hoping to watch it live on Eurosport but they are only showing 90mins of highlights, hopefully that will be time for most of the field. It will be interesting to see how Sui/Han are scored and placed.

same here. I am most curious how S/H will be scored
compared to their superinflated scores at 4CC, but based on their qualifying scores , they' could finish above Top 5

Anyone heard from Seniorita lately? I'm hoping she's on the scene and can report. I can't wait to hear from everyone who's there!

Oh—and go go go, Aliona and Robin!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

I hear S/Z will try a triple axel in SP
if they are not in top shape I would not recommend they do it, maybe they had another slight injury
since they have been working steadily on the 3A t

paircheck

Final Flight
yeeeaaaahhhh gooooo aliona & robin.... 3ATh... no risk no fun :yay:

i believ that they re better in shape than steuer said in this article... u cannot train and attemp a 3ATh if you are not 100% fit...

we gonna see how they skate tomorrow... all my best wishes for them :agree:

Tigger

Final Flight
Megan and Eric first out of the gate for the Final Flight?

Eeeek!!!

Fingers crossed for them.

mousepotato

On the Ice
yeeeaaaahhhh gooooo aliona & robin.... 3ATh... no risk no fun :yay:

i believ that they re better in shape than steuer said in this article... u cannot train and attemp a 3ATh if you are not 100% fit...

we gonna see how they skate tomorrow... all my best wishes for them :agree:

I agree, they said shortly after euros she was fine and she did a few good 3ATh in Nice already. She has said they have won enough golds at worlds and now want to break records with difficulty, they want to be the first pair to land a 3ATh at an international competiton. An honestly even if she falls, if they nail the free that should be enough for a medal.

paircheck

Final Flight
I agree, they said shortly after euros she was fine and she did a few good 3ATh in Nice already. She has said they have won enough golds at worlds and now want to break records with difficulty, they want to be the first pair to land a 3ATh at an international competiton. An honestly even if she falls, if they nail the free that should be enough for a medal.

i agree 100% :agree:

i don t know if they can do the 3ATh clean in the sp.... but i would be sooo proud of them if they gonna try it

Tesla

Final Flight

I thought Inoue/Baldwin landed the first 3ATh. They landed it at the 2006 Olympics.

DianaSelene

Medalist
mmhhh i only remind that they landed the first 3ATh @ nationals 200???

but @ an international event??? sry...

UH, YEAH. 2006 OLYMPICS????????????????????? Inoue/Baldwin were the first not only to do it an international comp but also at olympics. It was in the sp. Go look.

jcoates

Medalist
Inoue and Baldwin are the first to do the throw 3A at both Olympics (in the SP) and Worlds (in the LP) both in 2006. Rena did reach for the ice on the landing at Worlds, but really close inspection of replay showed that she did not touch down IIRC. They got a slightly negative GOE for the element but full base value for the element. I/B placed 4th at 2006 Worlds largely due to the fact that John landed his 3T for once and Rena landed the throw 3A. They were 3rd in the LP. Still the highest placement at worlds for a US pair in the last nine years since Ina and Zimmerman's 2002 bronze.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2006/wc06_Pairs_FS_scores.pdf