pairs sp | Page 16 | Golden Skate

pairs sp

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Not bothering to watch the rest of this corrupt judging. :disagree:

Landing on two-feet should invalidate the jump, period, it was not completed on 1-foot.

Ugly pair, ugly skating. :disapp:

If landing on two-feet should invalidate the jump,what happens when the landing ends with a fall? Just curious

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not bothering to watch the rest of this corrupt judging. :disagree:

Landing on two-feet should invalidate the jump, period, it was not completed on 1-foot.

Ugly pair, ugly skating. :disapp:

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
D/C got lowballed on their score. What a joke.
S/S so overscored. First for that effort? I would put them at least behind T/T.
B/L super overscored. They both stumbled on their SBS, and both fell at the end. What on earth. B needs a standby vampire because she's always about to die.

emdee

Final Flight
They got a 1 point deduction, so the score is actually correct at 63.69.

Silly me - pressure getting to me!

cassiem

On the Ice
D/C got what they deserved. They can land the elements but their basic skating quality and positions are not up to par.

jcoates

Medalist
Never underestimate the Chinese pairs. Ever. Not perfect today, but they show up in the big events routinely.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
P/T bore me, but hats off to them for delivering after a year off the ice. And to S/S for being true champions and going for the 3A!

D/C got lowballed on their score. What a joke.
S/S so overscored. First for that effort? I would put them at least behind T/T.
B/L super overscored. They both stumbled on their SBS, and both fell at the end. What on earth. B needs a standby vampire because she's always about to die.
You and Nadine are so amusing! Did you coordinate your posts?

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
cannot believe B/L the highest ranked Russian pair :eek:
still silver and bronze is wide open for the LP

FlattFan

Match Penalty
P/T bore me, but hats off to them for delivering after a year off the ice. And to S/S for being true champions and going for the 3A!

You are Nadine are so amusing! Did you coordinate your posts?

We are the same person, posting from different accounts.

tulosai

Record Breaker
D/C got what they deserved. They can land the elements but their basic skating quality and positions are not up to par.

This. It would help if she would even TRY to point her toes. I think they did excellently today like I already said, and give them lots of credit for that. But if they want to compete with the best of the best (despite the fact that some may already thing they are the best of the best) they have to work on their basic skating, including edges, transitions, and general flow (at times- sometimes their flow is good) and their positions, pointed toes, etc.

Well done, Pang and Tong! I can't believe she smiled through the whole program. I'm not sure about the placement, though. It seemed a little rough, with bad lift positions.

The idea that S/S is an ugly pair is just false. I'll admit that her makeup and that double skirt are bad, though... and unfortunately that happens a lot with her.

Tesla

Final Flight
Yay Pang & Tong and Aliona and Robin! :clap: I love them, and I can't wait to see the programs. :love: