Ladies - Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

gioccia

On the Ice
If that was the right decision for you, fine. This does not mean all women should be compelled to return to work less than a month after having a baby. In my country there are mandatory maternity leaves in addition to optional time off, and a woman so soon after delivery can't return to work in an official capacity.

Polina is not a baby, but Viktoria's child is, and if it's too early for her to return to coaching and travel, so be it.

I'm just very dissapointed, anywat RusFed should have tranferred Polina to some other coach right after the Euros...so that she could adapt and not lose her shape. I want 3 representatives next year and now I have no illusions left.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm just very dissapointed, anywat RusFed should have tranferred Polina to some other coach right after the Euros...so that she could adapt and not lose her shape. I want 3 representatives next year and now I have no illusions left.
I agree that better alternate arrangements should have been made.

I think Russia still has a shot at three ladies for next year; it's not the strongest field, and Leonova at least should be able to do well.

gioccia

On the Ice
Polina's Euro SP

3F+3T - fall, too bad
3Lo - fall again
FSSp
2A
LSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Score: 49.41,

How come she gets here less????

xzchief

Rinkside
We're not talking about a junior B-level event. If my primary coach can't attend the World Championships, I'll be getting a new primary coach. Take all the maternity time you want from April to August.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
We're not talking about a junior B-level event. If my primary coach can't attend the World Championships, I'll be getting a new primary coach. Take all the maternity time you want from April to August.
Do you understand how maternity leave works?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Polina's Euro SP

3F+3T - fall, too bad
3Lo - fall again
FSSp
2A
LSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Score: 49.41,

How come she gets here less????

beause of the judge panel
havent you seen the scores ? all the disciplines scores are less too
barely scoring any seasons best, none have cracked a 50+ for the ladies so far

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
36.91 for Min-Jeong Kwak, ouch. She was so happy until her scores came up.

gioccia

On the Ice

that's my point as well. It's Worlds, a chance once in a lifetime. I copied the Euro's score, coz she would have got better mark even with this performance had she been accompanied by Viktoria.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Also if Polina's 3F wasn't fully rotated - 3F-3T with a fall is still worth quite a few points, a stumbled through 3F, possilby underrotated, is not worth much.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
scores are all low :confused:
this is the weirdest scoring I have ever seen for a while in a worlds event

If this keeps ups
we might see, Carolina not even getting above 60+ marks ? lol

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

It is not that unusual for coaches to miss competitions, even at this level. Traveling around the world is a major issue and there are often scheduling conflicts (didn't Brian Orser choose not to go with Adam and Christina to 4cc in 2010 because he wasted to be with Yu-na every waking moment leading up to the olympics?)

When Mao was being coached by Tatiana Terasova she missed a few events (including worlds i believe) due to her mother's illness. A student's competition is important but not exactly life altering for the coach. I don't see what the bug issue is about a new mom wanting a few weeks off.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Poor Min-Jeong Kwak :(
I don't understand her score to me her jump where clean this time. Such an undermark score for her.