Ladies - Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Medusa

Record Breaker
That 3F is badly prerotated. I don't doubt that she tried to change her technique, but it seems like in competition she often reverts back to old habits.

Kinga

Medalist
Too bad about the fall on the 3axel but, I have nothing but respect for her for trying it and not taking the easy way out.

I do not think that replacing 3A with 2A is really the easy way out. She should have done that, since 3A is not working. She would not lose any respect.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Really blah skating; the US could both podium with Kostner. Polina K looks really bad; her pcs horrendous how she ever did so well at EUROS seems unfathomable. Amelie Lacoste from Canada's dream or reasonable hope of top 5 was a joke. She is flat as...okay I won't get mean in reference to an earlier comment on this site. Almost all the ladies are just skating ho hum. No one seems to want it. However, I still hear concerns and complaints about the ice. It is sad to see the ice playing such a factor. Yes, everyone has to skate on it but the French Federation or whoever should do something and fast. This really mars the championships along with so far on one really owning the ice (mind you maybe no one wants to own a swamp - lol)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Alena, as she's done all season, pulls a clean program. Should score well...all those jumps look rotated.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Alena, as she's done all season, pulls a clean program. Should score well...all those jumps look rotated.

Not only that but its the most I've EVER enjoyed watching her. She skated with SO much joy, I am really happy for her.

Should easily be in first unless the tech panel saw something I didn't :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This choreography is terrible, but Alena does perform it well...