Ladies - Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I missed Elene/s missed Axel but she certainly didn't miss her fire and hid not let the program go. Bravo, well done!

mateusp1

On the Ice
Elene!!! Loved that!!

3Lz+3T HUGE!!!!!

3S amazing!!

Very sad for the singled axel!

Deserves to be in second, behind Leonova.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Looks like the judges left room for both American ladies to score higher than Alena even if they aren't perfect. I thought Alena's pcs should have been higher especially in light of what we have seen so far - she skated with heart and her own unique style - she ain't no american fairy princess but still nice to see other artistic approaches. So I would say good skate but undermarked comparatively. As for Mao I am a little disappointed; she has never captured that magic and potential we saw back in say 2006. She still can medal though but really it is a Carolina v. Ashley battle now unless the unthinkable - Alyssa skates two relatively clean performances. Russia can say goodbye to three skaters and usa can say hello three skaters. Oh poor Makarova - oh the pressure. But Japan still looks good Suzuki has her best chance now to win a medal especially if Ashley or Alyssa open the door. This is a chance to see who has the fighting spirit.

Fabulous skate by ElGed. Too bad about the axel but I'm glad she was mad about it. Don't settle! I have loved her skating since 2006 and am so happy about her renaissance. Thanks, Brian!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It appears Elene has finally found her magical match with coach Brian Orser. Hopefully, no more coach hopping for this lovely lady from now on. :love:

periperi

On the Ice
Wow, Elene with the 3Lz - 3T! Too bad about the axel, but I've always enjoyed watching her skate and no exception here.

Kinga

Medalist
Elene continuously looses concentration during her programs. A pity, I really enjoyed this SP and it rarely happens when I watch Elene.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Elene was underscored.

She deserved 60+ and second place.

Brian Orser did a great job with her.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The confidence of a Euro medal; skating with Brian has done wonders for Elene. Although Brian doesn't seem to have much luck with his own country's skaters. I think he has Cynthia Phaneuf and she is still struggling; he should pick up Joannie Rochette and train her for 2014 Sochi. I still think Elene should be behind Alena.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Makarova was really good, but that sucks about her skate, I was so worried it was actually going to come undone and almost fall off. Good thing she'd done all her jumps when it started to untie!