Men SP | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Men SP

blainechan

Match Penalty
I think I would quality as a 'Chan-Hater' because I thought Patrick fell at 4CC. I also thought Dai fell today. So did Honda Takeshi, who was commentating today and also Dai's jump coach. He said that Dai would get a -1 deduction before the scores came out.

IMO, Patrick fell at 4CC and Dai fell today. But if judges are going to say that Patrick didn't fall at 4CC, then it's only fair to mark Dai's fall today as an unfall.
Of course, now it's okay. No more judging bias? No more conspiracy? No more Can Fed pressure from the judge etc accusations that were mentioned by the Chan haters? It's just funny that when the score was related to Chan, all the haters would come all out and made accusations after accusations. Now, all silence.

It's the same when Chan falls, his PCS should also be lower. But when skaters like Abbott or Dai made mistakes, their PCS shouldn't be. Yeah, whatever...

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Whoa, better back up your claim. Prove how the judges slammed it shut, which is a clear implication of unfair judging and favoritism. Prove with real executions and real marks, not your personal opinions and declarations please.

Yeah, I wouldn't say him being two points ahead of Brezina is slamming the door shut. It's not 10 points.

chloepoco

Medalist
Somebody put a fork in Kozuka. He's done. He's just like Oda but with even less consistency. Oda's problem is he can't count. Kozuka's problem is he can't skate.
Japan only has one real champion and one on the rise.

He's had a bad year, but I don't think you'll find too many people who will say "his problem is he can't skate." He's a wonderful skater.

And can we just make another thread for those who want to argue the Patrick vs Dai--did he fall or didn't he--it's getting tiresome.

Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
There is no point to go into details in 4CC. My point is I've never seen you demanding anyone, or anyone demanding it for that matter, to supply a photo where there was a video there already. Why are you so picky this time round when someone talked about Takahashi's pop was as bad as Chan's?!
Because your purpose is to get even. Somebody did eventually provide a photo in the 4CC SP thread. I watched the CBC at a regular speed and could not tell if it was a fall or not. As I said, you had made me curious, and all I asked was if there was any proof. You could have nicely told me that you already gave a video link, with which I can watch it with slow motion. No hostility is necessary.

blainechan

Match Penalty
Because your purpose is to get even. Somebody did eventually provide a photo in the 4CC SP thread. I watched the CBC at a regular speed and could not tell if it was a fall or not. As I said, you had made me curious, and all I asked was if there was any proof. You could have nicely told me that you already gave a video link, with which I can watch it with slow motion. No hostility is necessary.

No, the purpose is to show the hypocrisy of some posters. And it shows.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I think Kozuka might have reached his quad potential with a one quad in LP. When he started to push himself in that direction this season, he messed up everything and in return it hurt his confidence. He should reconstruct his plan and scale back his jump content to no quad in SP and one quad in LP, then we could see a good Kozuka comeback next season.

lavender

Record Breaker
For the first time I don't get the chan fighting. I'm a Dai, Abbott, Taka fan but how can Chan not be first especially since for the first time in like forever he's not 10 plus points ahead of the competition.

I would understand if there was more fighting in the dance thread.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's had a bad year, but I don't think you'll find too many people who will say "his problem is he can't skate." He's a wonderful skater.

Yes, Taka is an exquisite skater! You obviously don't win World silver by not being able to skate. It's been mentioned more than once that Kozuka has had equipment trouble this year with his skate boots; last year that was Abbott's problem and now this year, it has affected Taka. My best advice is to let the ignore feature of the forum be your best friend with certain posters; a big part of me wants to put the majority of the folks here on ignore, but part of the ridiculous fun of being on skating forums is reading the outrageously absurd things that people post, especially when they are upset. :laugh:

SGrand

Final Flight
De-lurking here.

What I thought was pretty amazing about Chan's SP was his recovery from being off balanced at the start of his one-foot sequence... I mean he basically lost his balance but still had the core strength and the training to complete the sequence on the one foot without an additional push from his other foot... all while maintaining/increasing his speed.

Yeah, that's pretty amazing. And he was smiling. I also appreciate how he has the mind to tack on jumps when missed. I know it's part of the plan, but still, it shows what a great athlete he is.

seniorita

Record Breaker
^ He is a great athlete but just to point out that many skaters did the same today, adding the combo elsewhere.

Arthur says on his fb page that he doesnt intend to leave Mishin because of a disaster, and he takes the blame on him
it was my fault. Not mishin fault. I'm weak

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I went back and read the 4cc men's SP thread. The "multi-paged cries" were started by SkateFiguring the "Chan-hater" who mentioned "He (Chan) fell on 4T", which ignited other posters' interest about the definition of fall and then about whether Chan's two-hand down was a fall. It was a natural progression of conversation, unlike some people here are mindfully looking for something to get even. When a poster said it (4CC SP) was a corrupt judging, Skatinginbc the "Chan-hater" responded, "It was not a clear-cut butt-on-ice fall, and so I can accept a certain degree of subjectivity."
The more the label "Chan-haters" is used, the more Chan-haters there are. Let's all call each other "Chan-hater" so we can all live in peace. :biggrin:

This Chan hater has to chime in here since I'm used in this argument. I said Chan fell because he had been called for off balance poses without actually falling before. But it was up to the Tech Panel of each event. They didn't call it a fall. I accepted it just as I accepted the severe calls at other events. But the discussion of the whole event became focused on that one call and went on and on like the only thing that happened at 4CC, creating and sustaining the claim that Chan always won with multiple falls whereas the fact of the matter was he didn't have a called fall and he skated way better than anybody else in both programs to win the event decidedly. The beloved runner up Takahashi had a real fall and other serious flaws but that was ignored while the myth was perpetuated that Chan won undeservedly and uglily yet again. Same way Takahashi's even more frequent falls are ignored, kept mum about, with no CSI pics splashed everywhere, while Chan's every mistake is multiplied and propagated like wild fire.

So Dai's similar "fall" was not called today and I along with everyone else accepted that. I am consistent. It's the inconsistency of many others that is being called out though not by me. I didn't participate in the 4CC debate on Chan's "fall" and don't intend to debate on Dai's "fall" today either. But since I was named as the instigator of the 4CC debate which is still used in Patrick's reputation smearing and well incorporated into his CV and long list of sins, I should clear my stand and the part I played. Unlike Patrick, I'm on this board and choose to speak for myself with verifiable records.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Where else will they look, Jeremy was the best at Nationals. Nobody is even close right now.

Should have had a stupid test skate after Miner beat Rippon at 4CC, Farris won JW silver with a score higher than Rippon's SB, and Abbott tanked Challenge Cup. Honestly, I would have felt better if Miner and Farris had been sent, at least they can land a proper 3a and aren't total headcases, and if they finished in 10th and 12th, it wouldn't look so bad because they are young and improving and likely to continue improving - the same is not true of Rippon and Abbott. Ugh, why does Rippon score so well at nationals?? Yes he has nice spins but you don't send someone without a consistent 3a or quad to Worlds, that's just asking for trouble. I get that Ross is a bit boring and Farris maybe still a little juniorish, but both have a 3a that is 10x better than Rippon's, and comparable PCS internationally (and Josh is getting that at junior events, would likely be higher at senior events). Gahhhh

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would replace Artur's "I'm weak" with "I'm human." Don't beat yourself up so much, man! :love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Someone posted him to leave his coach and he said he wouldnt do that and that Mishin is "smarter" than the poster credits him to be

chloepoco

Medalist
For the first time I don't get the chan fighting. I'm a Dai, Abbott, Taka fan but how can Chan not be first especially since for the first time in like forever he's not 10 plus points ahead of the competition.

I would understand if there was more fighting in the dance thread.

While I haven't read every post here, it seems to me that the argument going on is over the lack of outrage over Daisuke's "fall" not being called a fall; not over Patrick being in first.

hurrah

Medalist
Of course, now it's okay. No more judging bias? No more conspiracy? No more Can Fed pressure from the judge etc accusations that were mentioned by the Chan haters? It's just funny that when the score was related to Chan, all the haters would come all out and made accusations after accusations. Now, all silence.

Well Dai's unfall today has different meaning to Patrick's earlier unfall. Patrick's unfall was noticed and pounced upon because up until then, one could expect such an 'unfall' to be marked as a fall, and then suddenly the rules appeared to change for Patrick. Once that prescedent had been set, then CoP had to maintain the standard and so today, Dai's fall was marked as 'unfall'. In other words, Patrick's unfall appeared to have occured for Patrick's sake, but Dai's unfall today appears to have been done in order to maintain the image of CoP's objectivity.

So the best thing to level out the field and for Patrick to shed his image as the judge's favorite is for weird and sudden changes in rules to occur to other skaters. Like Amadio! He didn't get -1 deduction for performing to music with words, so that means that henceforth, all skaters can expect songs to be deemed 'unsongs' and no one will get a -1 deduction. If that doesn't occur, then Amadio will be labeled a 'judges' favorite' too.

So if several more incidences like that with other skaters besides Patrick and Amadio occur, where a new precedent in rules magically occurs, then no one can pick on Patrick, see?

Oh dear, I sound so snarky. For what it's worth, I have no gripe with Patrick's score today.

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Yeah, I wouldn't say him being two points ahead of Brezina is slamming the door shut. It's not 10 points.

SkateFiguring, I make no claims -- I'm posting my observations and perceptions, and forming my own opinions. In any case, CoP makes it impossible to prove anything and possible to prove everything at the same time. All you who love IJS and the skating of Patrick Chan, REJOICE, you are in figure skating heaven, but don't seem to enjoy it due to being so busy worrying about figure skating hell and so-called "hate" and "hostility."

So it's not 10 points, so they decided this time to make it at least look like a competition for gold. As I said earlier, the only changes the judges seem to have made in this event is to temper the inflation with upping the scores a bit for his competitors in order to pull the rug over the fact that yes, Chan is 100% primed (in the judges' minds at least) to win again. Nothing wrong with that if he skates up to the level he normally does at this time of the season. Why obsess so much over my critical comments and humorous take? It is what it is, until it isn't.