Men SP | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Men SP

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Because your purpose is to get even. Somebody did eventually provide a photo in the 4CC SP thread. I watched the CBC at a regular speed and could not tell if it was a fall or not. As I said, you had made me curious, and all I asked was if there was any proof. You could have nicely told me that you already gave a video link, with which I can watch it with slow motion. No hostility is necessary.

No, my purpose was to point out the huge, constant unfairness of some Takahashi fans toward Chan whenever Chan skated.

I have supplied video before I mentioned it. It was only 5 posts above the post you've quoted. And I thought you must have read it because it was near the post you've cared to quote.

Any way, if you mean you haven't read it before you asked me the picky demand, I'll take it. And I'll say sorry to you if you feel it was hostile.

De-lurking here.

What I thought was pretty amazing about Chan's SP was his recovery from being off balanced at the start of his one-foot sequence... I mean he basically lost his balance but still had the core strength and the training to complete the sequence on the one foot without an additional push from his other foot... all while maintaining/increasing his speed.

Thanks for joining us, Flaneur. :rock: Welcome to the forum.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I haven't seen Dai's "fall/unfall" today but COP has certain rules about falls and which deserve the mandatory -1 from the final score. For example, Sasha Cohen's fall on the 3flip at the 2006 Olympics LP did not result in a mandatory -1 because her bum and knees never touched the ice. Her 3flutz fall did result in a mandatory -1 though. On the 3flip, she had a fall out and touched down with both of her hands, but not a bum plant fall.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SkateFiguring, I make no claims -- I'm posting my observations and perceptions, and forming my own opinions. In any case, CoP makes it impossible to prove anything and possible to prove everything at the same time. All you who love IJS and the skating of Patrick Chan, REJOICE, you are in figure skating heaven, but don't seem to enjoy it due to being so busy worrying about figure skating hell and so-called "hate" and "hostility."

So now you are making declarations of my feelings. Like most declarations about Chan, they are utter untruths.

So it's not 10 points, so they decided this time to make it at least look like a competition for gold. As I said earlier, the only changes the judges seem to have made in this event is to temper the inflation with upping the scores a bit for his competitors in order to pull the rug over the fact that yes, Chan is 100% primed (in the judges' minds at least) to win again. Nothing wrong with that if he skates up to the level he normally does at this time of the season. Why obsess so much over my critical comments and humorous take? It is what it is, until it isn't.

No claims, just observations, perceptions and opinions, eh? The problem is you state your perceptions and opinions as facts and your conjectures as observations.

herios

Medalist
PJKwong just mentioned today is Michal Brezina's birthday? That is a heck of a gift he gave for himself

Congrats and happy birthday Michal!

I didn't see anyone supplied any photo proof at 4CC men's SP thread when a multi-paged cries on Chan's "fall" broke out. The photo came in later. And I don't remember anyone called Takahashi fans "the accusers".

If I could find photo later, of course I will bring it here. But I haven't found it yet. I have supplied video here. Also, the slow motion of a video would be better than a photo, don't you think?

My position has never changed:

Chan's pop at 4CC SP should have been a fall. Takahashi's pop this time should have been a fall. too. If Takahashi's wasn't considered as a fall, then they are even. The judges didn't particularly love Chan.

Does this hurt any of you?!
What the heck are you so upset about? They had the same kind of error and got scored the same way. What do you want? If Dai had got deducted after Patrick didn't, there would be an injustice. What we have now is justice. IMO they both should have been deducted, but it wouldn't be fair for only one to be.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
What the heck are you so upset about? They had the same kind of error and got scored the same way. What do you want? If Dai had got deducted after Patrick didn't, there would be an injustice. What we have now is justice. IMO they both should have been deducted, but it wouldn't be fair for only one to be.

Goodness, please go to read the previous posts carefully first before you ask! Why should I have to be pushed into defending-myself mode everytime?!:rolleye:

Going back to what I wanted to say:

Maybe because I've read this thread first before I watched Patrick's SP, I think Patrick has skated not bad at all. Not his best skating of course, but he did pay effort on artistry. As I've said before, this is one of the few programs that you could relax and still be in the correct mood and interpretation. I didn't see his nervousness as some posters said. If he had, he hided it well. There was no two-foot landing on his 4T like some earlier posts said. There were some off balances in his final footwork that I, too, am amazed how nicely he has recovered. I agree that this Chan's SP was definitely beatable but the problem was other top skaters, like Takahashi and Abbott who are capable of beating Chan, didn't hold onto their best to beat him. Brezina did great but he wasn't the one who could accomplish that task.

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker

This is how I feel about it

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Did I say I loved Abbott's this SP before? It was wonderful! I don't think Abbott's PCS was gifted. He deserved that much!:yes: Too bad that he had that unsually 3-3 fall and doubled his normally solid 3Lz.:scowl: Otherwise, it was a great skate. The flare and the sparks were almost all there. Good for him that he didn't give up after the jump mistakes. But the jump mistakes were too costly. I'm even more sad for him after actually watching his skate.

I like Brezina but I dislike everything in this SP from costume to the choreography, except that beautiful 4S!

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I think the likely podium finish may be like last year: the best skater wins, someone steps up to take Silver, and Bronze goes to a homie.

Becki

Medalist
I think the likely podium finish may be like last year: the best skater wins, someone steps up to take Silver, and Bronze goes to a homie.

If that is the combination...then Patrick is for gold. I don't see him landing outside of the podium TBH.

As for Silver, then it would have to be someone from the back.....if it has to be anyone, I would bet my money on Yuzuru. He usually goes pretty well in the LP.

Bronze - Joubert. Please no Florent...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Bronze is reserved for either Joubert/Amodio, French skaters ala Pechalat Inflation
but what happened to my baby Yuzuru ? :cry:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Viktor Pfeifer is officially my hero! What a sexy pair of legs on a fine, good looking guy and what a beautiful skate for him. :love: Love his artistry, body lines, and humor!

SGrand

Final Flight
Has anyone seen the protocols? Just watched CBC's broadcast and Patrick was off balance on his one foot ss and put a foot down. So he wouldnt get level 4 for that. I'm probably stating something that everybody already knows lol.

Becki

Medalist
Has anyone seen the protocols? Just watched CBC's broadcast and Patrick was off balance on his one foot ss and put a foot down. So he wouldnt get level 4 for that. I'm probably stating something that everybody already knows lol.

Yet he still scored 89? amazing...I haven't watched his SP yet...but I hope it's good.