Men SP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

Men SP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Fatal mistakes for Abbott: fall on 3T, doubled 3Lutz, and only a Level 1 on one of his spins.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Patrick, Michal and Dai, well done!! All three were just fabulous and IMO the placements are correct.

I did not watch the last group because I had a meeting that I could not miss.

I am back home now and see that videos are being posted, thanks for that. I am going to watch Javier now.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Home advantage happens everywhere a competition is held, I dont understand why this is a surprise for Nice, like wheel was re- invented or what?
In which competition there was no home advantage?
Ouch for Russian men, Arthur lost around 12points with the 2-2

Last edited:

claphappy

On the Ice
Home advantage happens everywhere a competition is held, I dont understand why this is a surprise for Nice, like wheel was re- invented.

If only the ISU would accept my proposal to hold competitions on the moon.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Nan Song does not have the PCS to "hold him up" and dropped to 15th while others with more errors are ahead of him. Verner, Contesti, Kozuka, Rippon, Abbott, and even Hanyu have lower TES.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Out of 24 qualified to LP skaters, only #6 Amodio, #9 Abbott, #13 Kozuka (2 falls), #15 Song, and #23 Liebers (2 falls) have had falls. Not bad. Can't be called "splat fest", IMO.

skatinginbc

Medalist
glad that Dai landed the quad in the SP. not happy that he planned to make a combo out of it--a strategy almost as smart as Oda's counting ability. Chan thinks on his feet, whereas some Japanese skaters seem to think with their feet.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Home advantage happens everywhere a competition is held, I dont understand why this is a surprise for Nice, like wheel was re- invented or what?

Yes, in general, this is true. It doesn't happen for everyone, because it is important to skate one's best and then extra home points tend to be given if you are not an unknown or newbie on the international scene.

bestskate8

On the Ice
As if this is earth-shattering news. Who didn't know that before the event even started??? I guess only PChid's anxious overwrought fans. Be realistic: Sochi Olympic Gold already has Patrick Chan's blades on it.

Worlds 2008
1 Jeffrey BUTTLE
2 Brian JOUBERT
3 Johnny WEIR

Oly 2010

1 Evan LYSACEK
2 Evgeni PLUSHENKO
3 Daisuke TAKAHASHI

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worlds 2008
1 Jeffrey BUTTLE
2 Brian JOUBERT
3 Johnny WEIR

Oly 2010

1 Evan LYSACEK
2 Evgeni PLUSHENKO
3 Daisuke TAKAHASHI

To be honest though, Lysacek withdrew and didn't compete in the 2008 Worlds and neither did Plushenko. The only Olympic medalist present at those Worlds was Takahashi, who finished 4th.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Dai is in a class by himself - the focus, the gorgeous program, the fitness level (he looks like a bionic man), the craziness trying to add a triple to his quad when it's the first time he even landed a quad in international competition recently... crazy and incomparable. This is skating!!

As for Jeremy... sad... too much entertaining, not enough jumping. I think he just took himself out of medal contention.

This!

Phobiamaster856

Rinkside
well thats another issue that can be argued...Are the U.S. skaters being forced to peak at Nationals and have nothing left for worlds? Many former skaters said that the nerves for U.S. Nationals was far more torturous than any other competition because its so challenging trying to make it out.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Originally Posted by Spun Silver:
"...
As for Jeremy... sad... too much entertaining, not enough jumping. I think he just took himself out of medal contention."

Yes, but the entertainment is part of that program and Jeremy has been strong all season in performing and entertaining the heck out of his sp with high technical skills. He didn't have the high technical skills here to go along with the entertaining, but it was not "too much entertaining" it was too less on the execution of his jump content.