Men SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Men SP

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great skate from Brian, good for him! He has set the bar with that score.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I like Joubert, but that score is definitely based on home field advantage. Kudos he skated well tho'. Brian has been through a lot and he's well-liked within the sport for his dedication and charisma.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I like Joubert, but that score is definitely based on home field advantage.

He skated great! There's clearly no such thing as home field advantage, or Carron and Jones wouldn't have got 10 points below their SB in the short dance, and missed qualifying for the free.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Majorov is rushing around and crashed after a gorgeous 3A.

He really needs to learn self control and settle the nerves.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Maojorov's footwork looks so labored, lol

Joubert getting nice homeground sp inflation :eek:hwell:
as predicted he will be on the podium probbaly silver or bronze

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Nice for Brian but my fear is he medals and like his compatriots P and B in ice dance I am not sure they should take this as a sign they are back or on their way up. Both in different way mirror each other - good or were really good skaters but the competition are newer, fresher and simply getting better. I know P and B and BJ may feel their reign was too short but that's life. I hope they go out on top. I think Brian gets overscored on his pcs all the time. And I would like to reward consistency in some ways. It is sometimes osrt of a sad thing when a normally consistent skater ie Shibutanis screw up the one time at some a major championship - I know ice is slippery :( When you look at the skaters you realize OMG there are so many good , not necessarily great skaters and getting in the top ten will be hard ie for Kevin Reynolds for Canada or one of the Americans. Other than the Japanese men it will be hard for Canada or the US to get 3 - in part because like in pairs there is a chance they might kill each others chances.

Art&Sport

Medalist
He skated great! There's clearly no such thing as home field advantage, or Carron and Jones wouldn't have got 10 points below their SB in the short dance, and missed qualifying for the free.

Please, Carron/Jones are fairly new to ice dance scene and frankly did not skate to a high level, whereas Brian is a past champion and a great veteran of the sport, and he's from France, plus he skated very well. That's when homefield can help with extra points.