Music: Carmina Burana by Carl Orff

2T - bad start, planned quad
3A
FUSp
3F+3T - twofooted
CSSp
CiSt
CCoSp

Disappointing mens short overall. Hope pairs can fair bette tonight (sending positive thoughts out, help me)

verner is not russian ... czech!!! :laugh:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Not the best from Tomas, but I still love him. Too bad Verner didn't have the skate technically of his countryman. Verner with all his skills has never quite made the Worlds podium or often been a close contender.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woah! 14th for Tomas! There must have been some downgrades or low spin levels for him. Awww, too bad! :cry:

blainechan

Match Penalty
That's what I've been hoping for all along! (Although I was hoping for Abbott's podium finish too. But now it's impossible.)
I'm betting on it right now that he's going to steal the bronze away from Brezina, who will end up 4th again, lol.

Overscored: Dai, Joubert, Amodio, Abbott
Underscored: Fernandez, Verner, Reynolds

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So crazy — Abbott and Rippon still have an outside shot of getting 3 spots. They are 9 and 10. The gap is big, but I think it could be made up. But they will need some help.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Unmemorable SP except for a few good-natured laughs here & there, and also got to see some artists perform, but overall not a keeper per my expectations. :)

Final thought, Thank God for the Ignore Button! :rock:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Japan is still in three-spot land, though if Hanyu and Kozuka both fall below top 10 (unlikely, me thinks) and Daisuke gets off the podium there's a possibility they could lose a spot.

France has a chance to get 3 spots with Joubert and Florent in the final group.

Canada is on the bubble to get three spots with Chan in first and Reynolds in 12th....will be interesting if they can maintain those placements. (More so for Reynolds than Chan).

USA is secure in 2 spot territory with an outside shot at 3 spots

Czech Republic is secure in 2 spot territory, me thinks barring a complete meltdown in the FS.

A two-spot berth for Italy is possible as Contesti is just one spot away...

Spain is currently in line to be down to one spot. They can get it back if both skaters improve.

Russia is in the most dangerous position to be one spot with 16th and 17th place finishes.

Last edited:

Art&Sport

Medalist
Too bad about the quad. He's an underachiever on the ice.

Ha ha, I've heard this theory before during the pairs competition. Maybe the ice was specially treated for French skaters. Alas, it didn't help Yrethe Silete and Carron/ Jones (well, maybe b/c they have no rep or longevity to begin with). So, it must have been treated for France's top men and top ice dance skaters only. ;)

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Ok... so this is probably the weirdest men's event at worlds since 2000. Ironically the 2000 worlds were also in Nice.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are very few actual falls in this event. Hope many people are pleased.

No, not pleased at all. Doubled and singled jumps are more penalized in COP than a fall on a rotated triple or quad, and we saw a lot of popping today, sadly.

Last edited: