Men SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men SP

glam

On the Ice
Great that Brian finally succeeded after so many difficult competitions and hard times!:hb:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Adam Rippon (USA)

Music: Korobushko by Bond

3F+3T - solid, close to the boards
3A - stepout, hand down, loooong setup
CSSp
3Lz - 'Rippon' lutz, stepout
FCSp
SlSt - good energy at the end
CCoSp

Not his best, but he stayed on his feet...

Ohhh... not exactly disastrous, but very disappointing. The fw section didn't spark after the struggles with the jumps.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Ay yi yi, not surprised, but wanted to watch anyway. Still looking forward to seeing Artur & Daisuke, and even Javiar. :)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Good skate from Adam, and superior on PCS and SS to Brian, but this effort is not Adam's best and since his rep is not as high either, his marks will be unlikely to be at the level he would like. But pretty low in fact, showing where they rate Adam maybe in 76 - 78 range, and 73 with mistakes and no quad.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Maojorov's footwork looks so labored, lol

Joubert getting nice homeground sp inflation :eek:hwell:
as predicted he will be on the podium probbaly silver or bronze

well I would like everyone to skate well but I still think Chan and Takahashi "deserve" to be on the podium but they have to perform. I would find it a little sad to see two French men in the top five. I have to say Brian has not grown as a skater, he's stagnated even reusing performances/routines. and Amodio is just another Frenchman using his charms and sadly when you have had such charismatic skaters - Candelero and then Joubert -can you have someone who doesn't use their hips to garner gold? Okay mean but I think people know what i mean. voronov really is not competitive sad; Reynolds from canada needs a makeover for pcs and appearance/presentation. if canada wants 3 men Reynolds needs a new look and probably coach. Joanne McLeod has not been able to improve his technical deficiencies including the triple axel, his transitionsand or his spins. I think Abbott and Rippon show far more promise although they could win gold and top five they could also both be out of the top ten. I am a bit nervous with Brian doing so well the men who I think deserve it (what is fair though because it is what you do when it counts still you hope consistency would come through - but then again look at B and S and the Shibutanis how sad).

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That kind of skate might be a 6th place for Adam at this point.

Okay, he's 3rd; not so bad! I was expecting the judges to be harder on him.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well the judges liked him; I would have had him behind Reynolds and like one poster said somewhere around 6th. maybe the later draw worked to his advantage but pretty nice marks for that performance.