Men SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Men SP

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I was thinking the same...was it intentional or just of balance....lol...I have no idea.

I think there IS a place in Patrick's footwork that he makes a funny face and pretends to lose his balance backwards. I'm not sure if that's what you guys are referring to.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

Again, Chan hasn't skated this program very well at all this season.

Skate Canada: Doubled axel, touchdown on quad
TEB: Fall on quad
GPF: Fall on quad combo, shaky landing on 3A w/ hand down
4CC: Fall on quad

This was his best skate international of this program in terms of the elements. His PCS could've been lower, but a season's best is completely justified. Hell, the French crowd didn't even boo him for beating Joubert, and booing people who beat their compariots is a national past-time.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, Contesti makes me laugh & smile (smiled all the way through; love the outfit btw), good for him. :biggrin: :) The Italians always have so much natural innate flair, part of their culture I dare say. :)^)

russell30

Final Flight
Loved Contesti's SP wow, adored it..... different

Good for him for changing much better than last years... suits his style, hope they go with him in PCS.:biggrin:

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Chan's score is very beatable. If one of the other top skaters pull off a perfect SP, it should crack 90 and go into the lead.

SGrand

Final Flight
I was thinking the same...was it intentional or just of balance....lol...I have no idea.

Looked like an intentional off balance gone wrong. He's lucky he didn't fall. I have to say, I loved his smile when it happened. He looked nervous and tight to start and cool and collected as he usually seems, there is a lot of pressure on him. Hope he can shake it off and bring it in the LP.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Eh, he made TWO errors? Shaky jumps?

Yes, I know. It is only superhuman Patrick Chan who can make errors and receive not only good scores, but out of this world scores. And please spare me re Paddy's oh so superior SS. Even Joubert was over-scored, but for what Patrick did, he should not have been that higher in marks than Joubert. Come on!

Jen96

Spectator
OK, Contesti's costume hurt my eyes and it looks like his mama shrunk it. LOL, oh I finally found a feed that works at work, it's only Friday :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Brezina wow wow wow!!!!

Commentator says it is his birthday today!

Last edited:

blainechan

Match Penalty
Yes, I know. It is only superhuman Patrick Chan who can make errors and receive not only good scores, but out of this world scores. And please spare me re Paddy's oh so superior SS. Even Joubert was over-scored, but for what Patrick did, he should not have been that higher in marks than Joubert. Come on!

Anyway, there's no point to discuss with someone who is so irrational and has such hatred on Chan. Blah blah blah whatever.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
some generous scores for the men, different set of panel today ?
while the rest of pairs, ladies and ice dance had low marks

Brezina is working all of it :)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not Chan's best but he still deserved first - come on folks after seeing Rippon and Joubert's very generous marks. rippon is more artistic but he had far too many mistakes imho to be ahead of Reynolds. The judges must like him and like I said Rippon on a good day could be top 5. Chan was nervous but even on an off day his program is gold. Joubert's unravels without the tricks; he has to use his personality to get pcs for a lot of it. chan can learn from Joubert and Amodio - make something out of nothing and call it pcs. Now Dai, he is the ultimate pc'er will see an artist at work.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Michal BREZINA (CZE)

Music: Japanese Kodo Drums

3A
3F+3T - very nice!
4S - yes! Very nicely landed
FSSp
CCSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Good for Brezina! Should be a new PB! Will he come close to Chan?