Men SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Men SP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Not surprised, as I expected, but great comeback with the 3axel, and dang Jeremy has some skills. Still the greatest American Male Skater I've ever seen in my life. And I love to watch him skate too. :) :love:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tough week for team Sato/Dungen...

ETA: It does look like the 4-3 was rotated, so he should get full credit, minus the -3 GOE and fall.

lavender

Record Breaker
Brezina does not have great presentation skills -- he skated welll but that's an overly high score for him too. Guess this judging panel didn't get Lakernik's message.

I agree unless he really had some breakthrough on his skating skills, presentation..etc. This is coming from someone who was a fan when he was a junior. I'm not a Patrick fan but unless Brezina has improve in the pcs area then how could they be that close.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Neutral here. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Brenzia is only two points behind and he has big tricks in his LP. Daisuke can easily make up the 4 point margin too.

Brezina is loved by judges, esp. when he lands everything, but he's over-scored on PCS. Brezina could medal, but he will not knock Chan off the top of the podium.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow we have a race and there is still Kozuka, Fernandez and abbott who could win the short realistically or potentially :) Everyone is picking up their game though i do think if not statistically one of the big skater has to bomb 0r not has to will. The usual suspects - well actually all of them Chan, Tak, Kozuka, Abbott, Fernandez, Joubert, Brezina, verner all can skate brilliantly or crash some do it more. Poor Kevin VDP. Its like all these superstars and then him. Nice guy but even if he lands the quad - pcs. What is it that people suddenly land their quads at worlds.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Neutral here. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Brenzia is only two points behind and he has big tricks in his LP. Daisuke can easily make up the 4 point margin too.

Brezina will probably tank in the LP, and no way Daisuke can make up a 4point margin no matter how he skates unless Chan really, really bombs (remember the GPF?), which I doubt he will.

Dang, now that's a true artist, he skates from the inside out, just FABULOUS! :bow: :bow: :bow:

It's like watching a performance, not a competition, totally organic. I just LOVE to watch him skate! :love:

THAT was art on ice. Learn it Chan!

Dai is in a class by himself - the focus, the gorgeous program, the fitness level (he looks like a bionic man), the craziness trying to add a triple to his quad when it's the first time he even landed a quad in international competition recently... crazy and incomparable. This is skating!!

As for Jeremy... sad... too much entertaining, not enough jumping. I think he just took himself out of medal contention.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

Music: Bei mir bist du schoen by Benny Goodman
Swing Kids (soundtrack) by various composers

3F+3T - fall, oh no!
3A - good
CSSp
2Lz - bad landing
FUSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Abbott not on with the jumps tonight... Those mistakes are gonna cost him.

He fell on 3-3 is quite unsual. So Abbott is the male Czisny.:disapp:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Tough week for team Sato/Dungen...

ETA: It does look like the 4-3 was rotated, so he should get full credit, minus the -3 GOE and fall.

Their team peaked at the Nationals. Then fell off the cliff.

I've wondered about how they were going to manage their stable of headcases.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Daisuke's 3t mistake was particularly costly because he did it as part of his 4t combo. Had he made the exact same mistake on the 3t, but as part of the 3z combo instead, he'd have lost about a point less, because the scale of values for the quad is significantly more extreme, and the GOE for a combo goes by the highest difficulty jump in the combo. Yes, making the exact same mistake on the same jump costs you less if you preceded it with an easier jump. Just yet another way the COP makes no sense.

jcoates

Medalist
Now that the US has thoroughly stunk it up in all four singles slots, maybe the USFSA will finally invest some real PR love into D/W and the rest of the ice dance program give it's the only reliable leg US skating has to stand on. Also, invest more in the up coming pair teams that are all showing so much promise. I hate to be so negative, but IMO, this current generation of singles skaters are all a lost cause. At best, they are hot and cold (Abbott and Wagner) and at worst, they are utterly unfit as competitors (Czizny and Rippon). I know they are working hard, but they are just not doing it at an almost predictable level at this point. I cant even really get myself excited for US ladies or men at this point.