LADIES FREE Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The young Finn was pretty good. See, this is what I think the US should do if it wants to build long-term. Send a baby with lots of potential to get the experience. Our best baby at the moment is Agnes. (She looks grown up but she's only 17.) Unfortunately Polina Edmunds really is a baby.

Only reason this girl got sent to Worlds was because Korpi and Lepisto were hurt. Somehow i don't think the US needs the Finns to tell them how to compete. If we did send one of the younger girls i would hope it was Gold quite frankly. I think she has the mental makeup to compete.

gold12345

Medalist
The young Finn was pretty good. See, this is what I think the US should do if it wants to build long-term. Send a baby with lots of potential to get the experience. Our best baby at the moment is Agnes. (She looks grown up but she's only 17.) Unfortunately Polina Edmunds really is a baby.

Agnes fell all over the place at Nationals and 4CC. I'm not sure if sending her to Worlds would have done any good.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Music: Sur les ailes du temps by Saint-Preux

20th after SP

3F+2T
3Lo
3T - turnout
FSSp
ChSp
3T+2T
3S+2T
3S
2A
CCoSp
SlSt
LSp

Solid skate from Popova.

FutureRockette

Spectator
Actually, the U.S. may have had a better shot if they had sent Caroline Zhang. She was fantastic at Nationals and 4CC. Too bad she was fourth at Nationals and didn't have a chance to be sent.

Nadine

Record Breaker
This skater from the UKR reminds me of Nicole Watt of Canada from years ago, same style, same body shape, facial similarity, but especially the same exact way they wear their tights. :)

Here's hoping wherever Nicole is today she's doing fine as she had a rare type of chronic juvenile arthritis condition, which eventually made her stop skating. Such an angel, so sad. :(

mateusp1

On the Ice
Good skate from Popova.

I hope she recieve a good score. I think that this will enough for her to be in first place for while.

You guys may be right but you're missing my point. I'm not talking about who would win spots and medals now but investing in someone for the future--a different strategy, thinking long-term instead of short-term when we don't have a dominant lady.

And yeah, Finland sent this girl because others were injured... but according to some, Alissa is injured... and then there was Rachael. I don't think it's so silly to suggest sending a healthy youngster over an injured and/or super-inconsistent veteran.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sarah HECKEN (GER)

Music: Valse No 10 by Frederic Chopin
Piano Fantasy by William Joseph

21st after SP

3F - holds on
3S - stepout
ChSp
3T-turn+2T
FCSp
LSp
3T - fall
3S+2T+2T
2A+2T
2A
SlSt
CCoSp

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
You guys may be right but you're missing my point. I'm not talking about who would win spots and medals now but investing in someone for the future--a different strategy, thinking long-term instead of short-term when we don't have a dominant lady.

And yeah, Finland sent this girl because others were injured... but according to some, Alissa is injured... and then there was Rachael. I don't think it's so silly to suggest sending a healthy youngster over an injured and/or super-inconsistent veteran.

I have understood that the US Federation did not know that Rachael was injured.

Nadine

Record Breaker
My apologies for blowing up earlier, though the sentiment is the same, the delivery could have been better. Still, I was really angry/frustrated/PO'ed. And when I'm angry the truth comes out, no matter how harsh.

That said, I've had visions (or hopes more like) of Ashley Wagner skating a clean Black Swan program, which could be her signature piece, as it captures imho who she is as both a skater and a person. The best type of signature piece. :cool:

And Alissa I just feel sad for now.

One more thing, I agreed with Spun as regards Agnes because she needs the experience, and she did after all win the SP at Nationals with huge correctly rotated jumps and lots of pizzazz (she's kinda like Gracie Gold two, just not as consistent, yet). And since she was the 1st alternate I was all for her going if Alissa was injured and withdrew. But that's all water under the bridge now. Like I said last week or the week before "those that do not learn from history are damned to repeat it."

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alissa and her team are smart enough to not try and hide an injury like Flatt and her team did. Somehow i don't think they want Alissa to get hammered like Rachael did. And believe me the USFSA would be handing down some more fines much worse.

BlackAxel

Final Flight

I agree with you in sending younger competitors with potential to bigger events so they can gain experience. However you also have to look at it from another view and how it can be a big risk (take Ross and Dornbush for example and how the US lost their 3rd spot) Personally, I dont agree with Alissa being sent to Worlds and the same with Rachael last year. But they did qualify at Nationals by finishing within the top 2 and they were sent.

Do you think Alissa's injured? Any ideas as to what's going on with her these days?

And Jaana, you're right that the US fed didn't know about Rachael... I'm being hypothetical in talking about her.

Last edited: