LADIES FREE Skate | Page 42 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

Mrs. P, thanks for the comparisons. Very interesting. Look, for instance, how high Mao is in GOE and non-jump elements. (This is a consolation to me.) And Ashley is at the top in two categories! Carolina is first or second in everything except base values, in which case she's all the way down in sixth.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Miki Ando is not some punk you can push down the podium just because you'd like to.
She'd put up a fight for her spots.
Her 2 programs at last year world are enough to win again.
Kostner repeated herself, flawed short, 5 triple LP. Miki also had 5 triples, but 2 were lutzes with big GOE.

I doubt some new Russian girls will threaten Kostner or Miki right now. Who are consistent among them? None. And they haven't even grown yet. Adelina can kiss her 3flutz-3loop good bye. Liza has so much trouble with ice coverage. Her PCS will not improve until she skates more than half the rink. The others are still too young. Polina K? Look at her here. Polina S? her PCS will be in the 40s.

If Kostner put out another 6 triples lutz-less LP, she would win again unless Miki steps in. No way some young Russian can come in and spoil it unless they have the skate of their life and WITH triple axel/quad something.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That would be too depressing that two skaters who failed to medal at the last two Olympics would be on the podium at Sochi. Does not say much for Ladies skating right now.

christinaskater

Medalist
Akiko's LP! Most musical skater! Undermarked in the PCS. She deserves the silver medal for me for that inspired performance.

But she has earned a Silver medal for the Free skate!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Miki Ando is not some punk you can push down the podium just because you'd like to.
She'd put up a fight for her spots.
Her 2 programs at last year world are enough to win again.
Kostner repeated herself, flawed short, 5 triple LP. Miki also had 5 triples, but 2 were lutzes with big GOE.

I doubt some new Russian girls will threaten Kostner or Miki right now. Who are consistent among them? None. And they haven't even grown yet. Adelina can kiss her 3flutz-3loop good bye. Liza has so much trouble with ice coverage. Her PCS will not improve until she skates more than half the rink. The others are still too young. Polina K? Look at her here. Polina S? her PCS will be in the 40s.

If Kostner put out another 6 triples lutz-less LP, she would win again unless Miki steps in. No way some young Russian can come in and spoil it unless they have the skate of their life and WITH triple axel/quad something.

Since everything you predict ends up right you only confirm I am right so thanks. Your Ando predictions will bomb as badly as your statement Takahashi & Tran skating cleanly could beat Volosozhar & Trankov, hahaha. Well they would have I should say, fortunately for you Ando probably isnt returning so there is a good chance you will be spared on this instance.

No Ando's peformance last year wouldnt have won this year. She barely beat a sleepwalking Kim at her worst ever last year, and barely won last years Worlds which everyone would agree was far worse in quality than this years (this years wasnt great, but atleast over 2011 which set the sport back 30 years). Kostner would kill her on PCS and both landed basically the same jump content (or marginally more for Miki).

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Miki clobbered Kostner in the SP.
In the LP, she had 2 lutzes. Her scores were 130+. Kostner with huge PCS couldn't beat Miki's flawed program last year.
Miki's LP at the 2011 4cc got 135 or something, right?

Are you arguing with logic? :) Miki would win again and again if she compete. No Russians can beat her unless they fix all of their issues.

micnow

Rinkside
a little statistics (as I just checked): Caro, Alena and Akiko is the oldest women's singles podium (sum of the ages of the top 3) since 1912!!!

DianaSelene

Medalist
the young russians weren't that impressive this year, they could be worse next year who knows

Oh, they were pretty impressive, alright! Tukt won 2 gps, won junior olys, and got 4th at gpf. Sot got two gp bronzes, was 1st at nationals, and 2nd at olys. Julia won EVERYTHING except for nationals and without falling once. Korobeynikova was 4th at Euros. Shelepen got some medals. Yes, we were hoping for more from Adelina, and Tukt messed up at gpf but we can't expect them to win everything their first senior year. They did a great job.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
a little statistics (as I just checked): Caro, Alena and Akiko is the oldest women's singles podium (sum of the ages of the top 3) since 1912!!!

And I think Akiko may be the oldest medalist ever?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tweet from Ashley:

4th in the World?! Totally speechless, don't know what to say. Thank you 2 friends and family as well as my team who helped me get here!!!!

She is so excited. :)

mskater93

Record Breaker
Shouldn't a Ladies champion do the triple lutz though. The men are now doing quads again but the ladies champion will have won with watered down content. Champions should do the hard jumps to if they are true champions.

How many ladies are really doing a 3Lz? Leonova didn't either...she did three flips