LADIES FREE Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

hurrah

Medalist
Miki did pretty badly at her first Olympics. But she was young and Alissa is of mature age for a skater. What an awful situation.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Miki did pretty badly at her first Olympics. But she was young and Alissa is of mature age for a skater. What an awful situation.

And Miki did not melt down this badly...boy thankful that Alissa does not skate for Japan.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
It's sad that Amelie Lacoste don't have confidence in herself, she can be a lot more better than what she does :(
I think that Skate Canada need to send Kaetlyn Osmond next season. She is the only one in Canada who is competitive and strong mentally.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
On account of Polina Korobeynikova's lame efforts in these championships, if Russia is going to retain its 3 sports at worlds for next year, Ksenia Makarova is going to need to perform her best long program of the year.

Czisny was just so slow and tentative around the ice, no wonder she missed all those jumps. Can't see her appearing at worlds again. She will probably finish 22nd!! She got FIVE deductions!! That was nothing less than a total meltdown

the odds of that happening ? not good
Russia could get 2 spots for ladies

Makarova has no lutz and underrotates

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The usfsa needs to have talk with Alissa and tell her she needs to retire....sasha had problems with consistencey ..this girl is unreal..

Alissa as well as any of the current US girls could only wish to have the consistency level of Sasha Cohen. Sure, Cohen could have 1-3 mistakes in the LP, but she pretty much always skated a clean SP under pressure cooker situations and she had highlights to her skating that international judges loved and she pretty much always managed to finish 2nd - 4th in major events.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plus Sasha didn't just give up when she screwed up. She would fight till the end. Not so now with some of these girls.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Can't imagine had they pulled her out after challenge cup, the moan will be so loud for years.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Ashley certainly could fall to 13th. In fact, I'm expecting it, after what I've seen of our esteemed men and Alissa. If that happens---

Good. Get em down to only 1 spot, send improved Caroline or Gracie or another up and comer, and be done with the rest of them. Bye Ashley, Alissa, Rachael, Mirai! Good luck in your new careers.

gold12345

Medalist
Alissa is clearly still suffering from the injury she suffered at the GPF (or an injury similar to that). The fact that she is still not attempting triple flips, which is by far one of her better jumps, is all the proof we need to see that. Alissa is inconsistent, but she's not completely incompetent. She is skating like an injured person.

And as an athlete, I'm sure she wanted to fight through it and hope she could pull something off, but I wonder if her camp will end up questioning this decision. Even if your injury is not overly serious, it can still be very detrimental to your performance.

koheikun90

On the Ice
something is very wrong within USFSA, IMO. it's been going downhill ever since 2006. i can't believe i'm saying this, but the program is in a desperate need for a Martha Karolyi of some sort!

I agree. USFSA needs a national team system like USA gymnastics and select athletes for WC competition after a verification camp and not after nationals. This is the 3rd time I felt that USFSA should have sent Caroline Zhang to Worlds. 2007, 2010 (despite her 11th place finish at nationals) and now 2012.

Alissa as well as any of the current US girls could only wish to have the consistency level of Sasha Cohen. Sure, Cohen could have 1-3 mistakes in the LP, but she pretty much always skated a clean SP under pressure cooker situations and she had highlights to her skating that international judges loved and she pretty much always managed to finish 2nd - 4th in major events.
Sasha made 21 straight podiums and was still crucified on this board and elsewhere as inconsistent and lazy.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Phil Hersh's twitter reaction to Czisny's performance (so far):-

For the 2d time in 3 seasons, Czisny has to decide whether or not she should keep skating. And now the US could lose the 2d spot....Has anyone ever seen that many falls by an elite skater in one program?....So maybe if Alissa continues she should try Kostner's coach, who turned her around after the painful 2009 and 2010 seasons.

http://twitter.com/#!/olyphil

skfan

Final Flight
Alissa is clearly still suffering from the injury she suffered at the GPF (or an injury similar to that). The fact that she is still not attempting triple flips, which is by far one of her better jumps, is all the proof we need to see that. Alissa is inconsistent, but she's not completely incompetent. She is skating like an injured person.

And as an athlete, I'm sure she wanted to fight through it and hope she could pull something off, but I wonder if her camp will end up questioning this decision.

when will hersh write his column DEMANDING that a concealed injury be investigated, hmmm?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well if Alissa was injured and didn't tell anyone and her coaches knew it i say fine them all and ban them for a year. This nonsense has to stop.

Enidan

On the Ice
Ashley certainly could fall to 13th. In fact, I'm expecting it, after what I've seen of our esteemed men and Alissa. If that happens---

Good. Get em down to only 1 spot, send improved Caroline or Gracie or another up and comer, and be done with the rest of them. Bye Ashley, Alissa, Rachael, Mirai! Good luck in your new careers.

are you Ok??? Wagner has great chance to win gold if she skate like she does in practices. Are you on sleeping pill or something?