LADIES FREE Skate | Page 26 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

bmcc102

Rinkside
Love Alena's smile... but could she telegraph that 3 loop any more? Also generally find her jumps too close to the boards; it's so distracting.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Leonova's program has this really strangely oppressive feeling to it...I think it's her posture...

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't like this program for Alena Leonova. It doesn't highlight her jovial personality and character, which I love.

Selene

On the Ice
Leonova looked sloppy out there. But watch this judging panel give her 10+ more points than Ashley.

hurrah

Medalist
Started off with a nice combo but got tentative for the next couple of jumps and then got back on track and nailed everything. Her spins were kind of slow but she got her jumps done.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alena LEONOVA (RUS)

Music: Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber
Requiem for a Tower by Clint Mansell

1st after SP

3T+3T
3Lo - holds on
3Lz - stepout, perhaps "e"
CCSp
3F+2T - close to the boards
ChSp
3S+2T
3F
2A
FSSp
SlSt - needs more energy
CCoSp

She seemed hesitant and nervous throughout, but she landed the jumps. Will lead for now.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Leonova wants it BAD. She really does have the heart of a champion. I am wildly happy for her.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Final flight, Please I wish that Kostner doesn't win. Her jump content is ridiculous.
I wish that Ksenia skate to her best, maybe the music cut of her free skate is bad, but this cannot affect her ability. She can be so good when she is on :)
Good luck to Akiko, Kanako and Mao also.
I'm not fan of Leonova but if it her year, I will accept her win.

Yes, that's right, but only measly competitors like Ashley are affected by not doing all the difficult jumps.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*wonders why she is so happy with that* I'm not impressed. I really like her, just not this program for her.

fairly4

Medalist
alot of little mistakes-but probably will propped up==no falls, but her triple/triple did look a little ur to me. but alas no judge am i.
but she did put pressure on kanako, especially caroline kostner to skate best.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Leonova wants to win this. You can see her saying to the kids coming behind her "bring it on, sister".

I don't love this program for her, though. She's such a high spirited skater, this is too emo for her.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Alena could've skated with a little more abandon, but still she got the job done near perfectly. Could be the gold medal right here unless the other ladies step it up.

skfan

Final Flight
Love Alena's smile... but could she telegraph that 3 loop any more? Also generally find her jumps too close to the boards; it's so distracting.

didn't someone say the rink in nice is small? i'm not her fan, but maybe that's why she ran out of space?

ashley wagner laid down the post-skate drama gauntlet and now alena has upped the ante.